Bill Moyers "Justice for Sale" campaign cash, judicial races

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 04, 2011 3:37 pm » by Illuminated

-

JUSTICE FOR SALE

Bill Moyers Journal takes a hard look at how campaign cash in judicial races may sway America's courts. The Journal revisits the 1999 FRONTLINE special "Justice for Sale" which looked at the growing concern - even among Supreme Court justices themselves - that campaign contributions may be corrupting the judicial process.

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdTm_bR7 ... re=related
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 04, 2011 4:36 pm » by Thesaint

What a disgusting system, how can you have impartiality and "the best man for the job" when you have to kowtow to your previous backers. The whole system is a disgrace and systemic corruption is inbred as part of the set up from conception. It's no different with the government that protects it. One good thing does come out of it though, and that's the more the average man in the street puts up with it, the quicker it's down fall (although not in our lifetime). History will undoubtedly look back on these times with shame.

Americans must however heed this (for those who don't leave their country much). Although corruption is rife and ridiculous and unjust rules and regs are in every country in the world at some level, We Europeans do see the American system as the the most blatantly ridiculous and one sided system one could ever encounter. This takes nothing away from the American people, who are as diverse as any other and I have enjoyed visited many times, BUT, It does seem to me at various levels that many Americans are cocooned (manufactured so) in thinking that this is quite the normality. It isn't. Although Europe seems to be heading that way (again by design) it's not as yet blatant in it's "money and might means right" system. What I mean by that is that we all know the underlying controls are probably no different but it's not as advertised as such.

It just amazes me that many Americans vote and except the two party system without "wanting" to look at the machine behind the outcomes, which is for ever unaltered. The same body with two heads, so to speak. Not that Americans are any different to anyone else in knowing what or isn't going on, It's the indifference or powerless attitude to obvious flawed and disgraceful acts of "plastic" democracy. It is not accepted in such a way in Europe and that's because (at the moment) each country acts as a natural firewall to such sweeping legislation. (and that's why they want a superstate like America, this helps with the cocooning of people and their thought processes).

In the UK it would be unheard of advertising on TV for a Judges position although if we are not careful it might go that way one day. Bottom line is, if you rely on people to put you in any position, you are "obliged" to see them right in times of need and that in itself is a recipe for disaster and makes a mockery of justice and fair play, Fxxxxx Disgraceful.

If the American people ruled their own dominion instead of corps and yes men, the world and itself would be a better place (so say all of us).

Good Video and Rant over. (sorry if I jumping a bit, but you get the picture) :cheers:

Master Conspirator

PostTue Jan 04, 2011 5:41 pm » by Boondox681

the single most destructive and separatist entity in the united states is the american two party system.

i am not a democrat or republican
i am not a progressive or tea party member
I AM AN AMERICAN
"I wish i was there when the horse was stole,but I reckon I'll see the tracks when I get there"
-Abraham Lincoln

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 04, 2011 6:39 pm » by Funnyman46

Now if we could only get the one person elected that would represent the peoples ‘desirers we would set an example. Problem is; as soon as a good thing starts (Tea Party as an example) the cronies infiltrate it and turn it into a party platform designed to represent one political party or the other. I mean come on; does anybody on this site really think Sara Palin represents anything other than the established system?
Sometimes, simple is better