Black cat Question

Initiate

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 2:24 pm » by Flipper

Tonight I was patting our cat kneeling down. I looked up to see a ghost of a black cat walk from my mother across to where the Christmas tree is. I even saw its tail and its legs move as it walked. It didn't have red eyes though. Does this mean anything in certain cultures?

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 2:32 pm » by Slith

I've heard it can actually be a good omen. As pertaining to different cultures, I can't say for certain. I know Muslims don't particularily care for cats and Egyptians consider them sacred.

I'm just here for the popcorn Image

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 2:35 pm » by Vulcanic

Flipper wrote:Tonight I was patting our cat kneeling down. I looked up to see a ghost of a black cat walk from my mother across to where the Christmas tree is. I even saw its tail and its legs move as it walked. It didn't have red eyes though. Does this mean anything in certain cultures?

big house cat or a true big cat like panther or tiger? this makes a difference believe it or not.

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 2:45 pm » by Flipper

It was the size of a big house cat. When I first saw it I thought it was our cat. Then I realized I was patting our cat. I have seen ghosts in the past but never this clear.

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 2:49 pm » by Vulcanic

Flipper wrote:It was the size of a big house cat. When I first saw it I thought it was our cat. Then I realized I was patting our cat. I have seen ghosts in the past but never this clear.

seeing all cultures have different beliefs for the household cat, i would lean to more of a good omen, good things to come.. if it was say a wild big cat i would have said you just got visted by your spirit animal. in native american beliefs a visit from a ghostly wild animal is very special.

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 3:00 pm » by Flipper

Thanks guys for the help. I was hoping someone said it was a good omen. Two have said it it is a good omen so that is a relief to me. :cheers: :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 3:05 pm » by Vulcanic

Flipper wrote:Thanks guys for the help. I was hoping someone said it was a good omen. Two have said it it is a good omen so that is a relief to me. :cheers: :cheers:

to be honest your very lucky to see such a thing, animal visitations are very rare indeed :flop:

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 3:19 pm » by Vulcanic

well i looked up western culture beliefs on it lol ouch!! this is what i got:

say if you are going somewhere and see one it means something bad will happen there. but if you want a more simple answer it means bad luck.

so basicly you got this , modern people say bad luck

and natives say good luck

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 3:23 pm » by Flipper

In the frame of mind I am in lately I will stick with the good luck meaning. I have more faith in the older cultures belief system. Thanks Vulcanic. :cheers:

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 3:24 pm » by Webcat

Omens can be good or bad, depending upon your belief in omens. If you don't believe, then omens don't matter.

Just a quick thought there. :mrgreen:

Cats are indeed special creatures, dogs may be man's best friend, but usually cats are women's!

I suppose that comes from ancient times, when men took their dogs hunting and the cat stayed at home with the wife and children. The ancient Egyptians held them in high regard, like they did female deities.

The rise of the patriarchal dominated society slowly ousted such idea's (e.g. the prosecution of women as witches, and their familiars were normally cats) and so the cats role in mankinds life has diminished somewhat. But not in the home. (Not in mine anyway!) Does anyone remember that story about the cat in the old peoples home who would sit in the rooms of the dying?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1248539/Meet-Oscar-cat-knows-.html

When a nursing home doctor heard that the resident tabby could sense when a patient was about to die, he was sceptical. But a series of spooky events convinced him the cat might really have special powers.

David Dosa is a doctor at Steere House Nursing Home, where patients have Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's, or are terminally ill.

One of the home's pets, a cat named Oscar, is special. Dr Dosa believes the tabby can predict the death of patients, seeking them out and remaining with them in their final hours. Here, he explains how Oscar challenged everything he learned at medical school.

Regarding ghost or spirit cats, I have a feeling that these cunning felines are about, still drawn to human companionship after physical death. Here's a couple of sites to check out:

http://lorahollings.hubpages.com/hub/Our-Spiritual-Connection-With-Cats

http://dedcon.blogspot.co.uk/2006/01/living-cats-and-spirit-cats.html

Some quotes about cats.

"It will consent to be your friend if you are worthy of the honour, but it will not be your slave." -Théophile Gautier, French writer

"I love cats because I love my home and after a while they become its visible soul."- Jean Cocteau, French film director

"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian painter, writer, and inventor

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."- Albert Schweitzer, German-French theologian, musician, philosopher, physician and humanitarian who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1953

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
- Mark Twain, American writer and humorist

"Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat."- Mark Twain Notebook, 1894

:cheers:

Next