Black Community *Out Of Control* - And Prejudice to Boot

Conspirator
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:15 am

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 4:16 pm » by Chronicnerd


His hypocrisy knows no bounds...
In an event that happened OVER A MONTH AGO, Mr. Obama felt like it was important that the world know that he was upset about this:
Seventeen-year-old Trayvon Martin, dressed in a "hoodie" sweatshirt, was shot dead a month ago in Sanford, Florida by a 28-year-old white Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer who said he was acting in self-defense.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said in his first comments about the shooting, acknowledging the racial element in the case.

"Obviously, this is a tragedy," Obama told reporters. "I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids."
...
"I think all of us have to do some soul-searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident," he said.

Source Article

Where are just not more than 20 days ago, 2 black *kids* poured *gasoline* on a 13 year old white kid and lit him on fire while exclaiming:
"That's what you deserve, white boy."

"They rushed him on the porch as he tried to get the door open," Coon told KMBC. "(One of them) poured the gasoline, then flicked the Bic, and said, 'This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy.'"

By lighting the gasoline, the second attacker "produced a large fireball burning the face and hair" of the boy, according to a Kansas City Police Department report obtained by KCTV.

"It was pretty bad stuff," Detective Stacey Taylor told the TV station, adding that police are concerned the boy may have suffered damage to his eyes and lungs.

Coon said her son put out the fire with his shirt and called 911 himself. He was rushed to the hospital and was treated for his injuries.

She believes the students also attend East High School with her son, and said he will not be returning to the school. She also told KMBC her traumatized family plans now plans to move.

"My 5-year-old came in and asked me, 'Mom, am I going to get set on fire today?'" Coon said. "I was in tears."

Source Article


Let's contrast the two...shall we?

The Distinct Differences
Trayvon Martin Case:
One was an adult, at night, mistaking a black teenager (17 years old) covered up in a "hoodie" walking around in a neighborhood and the person was looking to defend the neighborhood and appears to be Latin American (i.e. not a "black hate" crime by white man):
Image

Melissa Coon's 13 year old boy (of which it is hard to even find the boy's name in any news article):
The other was two young-adults (around 17 years old) that chased down a 13 year old, in broad day light, poured gasoline on him, and lit him on fire.



The Public Awareness--Media Coverage:
Trayvon Martin Case:
Hundreds March...in "Protest"
ABC Has a Chronicle of the Event
Bing News Search Yields hundreds of large scale media coverage stories
Goolge News Search yields hundreds of large scale media coverages and wide spread protests as well...did you know Miami Heat "protested the Trayvon Martin Case by "Beating the Detroit Pistons"??

Let's look at the coverage for Melissa Coon's 13 year old boy, which was 100% a hate crime:
Searching for "Melissa Coon" (the mother...since the media doesn't even name the boy)....yields a whopping 8 news articles
Searching for "Boy set on fire"yields a whopping 16 news articles specific to this event.

Searching for "Melissa Coon" on Bing yields a *WHOPPING* TWO ARTICLES SPECIFIC TO THE EVENT

Searching for the same "Coon Boy Set on Fire" (still no name attached to this poor boy who was obviously victim of a hate crime) YIELDS TWO RESULTS AS WELL


So, unless someone else can find the following for the Melissa Coon's Boy being set on fire case:
Major Press Coverage
Protests Wide Spread
Well Known Public Figures Speaking out about it
Hundreds of articles online by simply typing a reference name


I have the following to say about this:

Screw those people in the press, the communities who have inflamed issues "in the name of unfair", who would rather continue to claim "things are unfair and racist" for their skin color, and who are statistically the largest burden upon our society.

Screw Obama for his racist antics, blinded prejudice ways, and for effectively undoing what we, as a society, have been trying to "make up for" over the past four decades and most certainly have been above and beyond for the past two.

Screw the media for their distinct "black community biases" and usage of what used to be healing wounds (black prejudices), but is now effectively "ripped open" to bleed due to their greed for "views" and usage of the growing "hatred" by amplifying any form of "Black Tragedy" into a "perceived" black prejudice case...the guy who shot Trayvon Martin was LATINO!!!!

In my life...

I have known, as friends or acquaintances,a few black folk... but they are good people, work hard, and are truly the type of person that would rather "make their own way no matter the struggle" than to claim "society owes me"...

I have also come across black folk who are just flat out lazy, don't care to educate themselves, and do nothing but "create problems" or "difficult situations"....because they feel like their life is "hard" here in America.

About five years ago, I was at a place where my tolerance level for the "more lazy/negative" oriented black folks was very high...always thinking we just needed another decade or two and we could get past the whole "black slavery/prejudice" issue completely...

Today...after all Obama has done and said as the "Leader of America"...I no longer feel this tolerance and most definitely have ZERO apathy for anyone...black, white, Hispanic, Asian, whatever... that is willing to immediately point fingers at everyone around but themselves...push blame to everyone around them...but themselves.

Screw those types of people...screw Obama for his complete lies and inability to just "keep it neutral" for longer than a six month period (he has said more prejudice oriented remarks in his one term, than *any other president to date*...and due to the whole "politically correct" malarkey...no one really dares challenge or slam him...other than a very few media sources...which are always viewed as "prejudice and blind" news sources).

I for one... believe we have hit a point in America that is the "downward spiral" of our domain...tolerance for those who are unwilling to help themselves is at an all time high and respect for those who "foot the majority of the bill" from a financial and moral stance at an all time low.

This world needs an Apocalypse... for those who do what it takes to get the job done vs those who would rather sit around and "complain" will be the ones who end out "surviving"... the rest would never make it...because they would end up "protesting", "fighting", "stealing", and "killing" until the areas with the most dense of this "type of population"...just won't exist anymore...

I truly never thought I would come to this place...but I actually believe...a major world catastrophe...would be the best thing for the human race in the end.

Stupid is as stupid does... and when the stupid are too dumb to make sense from what is blatantly right and wrong...is when society fails.

Image
:yell:
:hell:

Writer
User avatar
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:16 pm

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 4:47 pm » by Synonymous


Your associations like many other opinions are part of the problem. You look at a "latino" shooting a black teenager who was unarmed as not racist because he was latino. You are angry that two black guys set a white kid on fire. How about removing the race factor in general.

A teenager was shot by an overzealous neighborhood watchman. A kid was set on fire by two other kids. These are problems in and of themselves without trying to have blame associated with the color of their skin. You rant and rave in rage, but you play the comparisons of an ignorant bigot without even realizing it yourself. Until humans realize that tragedy and violence occur in our desensitized and broken society sans race, we will never, ever move forward.

I have no real hope this can happen unless humanity has some sort of a common foe to band against since even those who say they are not prejudice fail to take into account their subconscious bigotry and hate.

Hopefully you can elevate your way of thinking instead of jumping on the ignorant bandwagon using tragedy to further your warped beliefs.
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7769
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: ON A GIF: HUNT

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 5:55 pm » by Fatdogmendoza


synonymous wrote:Your associations like many other opinions are part of the problem. You look at a "latino" shooting a black teenager who was unarmed as not racist because he was latino. You are angry that two black guys set a white kid on fire. How about removing the race factor in general.

A teenager was shot by an overzealous neighborhood watchman. A kid was set on fire by two other kids. These are problems in and of themselves without trying to have blame associated with the color of their skin. You rant and rave in rage, but you play the comparisons of an ignorant bigot without even realizing it yourself. Until humans realize that tragedy and violence occur in our desensitized and broken society sans race, we will never, ever move forward.

I have no real hope this can happen unless humanity has some sort of a common foe to band against since even those who say they are not prejudice fail to take into account their subconscious bigotry and hate.

Hopefully you can elevate your way of thinking instead of jumping on the ignorant bandwagon using tragedy to further your warped beliefs.

Well stated synonymous..We could go from ethnic background to ethnic background picking out recent crimes...what a fucking ignorant sensationalistic post title....
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3583
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:50 pm
Location: 2 Thirds Down The Bottle

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 6:16 pm » by Toxic32


I thought the general censors of opinion was that our ancestors came out of Africa. That makes us all black inside doesn't it. The fact that we have evolved different coloured skins to help us survive in different climates our thousands of years shows us how adaptable we all can be. This is not about colour. It's about attitude, opportunity's and expectations. Which more often than not is created by the culture you have been born into. Take away the welfare safety net of the society you live in and what do you think will happen. The have not's will try and take what the have's are hanging onto and before long only the have's will be around. I think they call that the survival of the fittest.
Invictus maneo

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7769
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: ON A GIF: HUNT

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 6:49 pm » by Fatdogmendoza


toxic32 wrote:I thought the general censors of opinion was that our ancestors came out of Africa. That makes us all black inside doesn't it. The fact that we have evolved different coloured skins to help us survive in different climates our thousands of years shows us how adaptable we all can be. This is not about colour. It's about attitude, opportunity's and expectations. Which more often than not is created by the culture you have been born into. Take away the welfare safety net of the society you live in and what do you think will happen. The have not's will try and take what the have's are hanging onto and before long only the have's will be around. I think they call that the survival of the fittest.


I think its actually more a case of de-sensitisation due to movies tv and other media linked to a lack of discipline easier access to alcohol and drugs and weapons, and a general lack of respect for themselves their environment and the people around them...Add to that socio economic problems and you have a recipe for disaster, whatever anybodys ethnicity may be
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Initiate
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:33 am
Location: USA

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 6:54 pm » by Blondie1w2000


I think the original poster has a point. White people are getting sick and tired of being made to feel like they're "villains" when the statistics actually speak for themselves.


The Color of Crime
Second, Expanded Edition
Copyright © 2005
New Century Foundation

Major Findings

• Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.

Crime Rates

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder,
and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely
than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.

• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and
Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.

• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of
the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime

• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving
blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.

• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive
percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are
Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are
black.

• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against
a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.

• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes
against whites than vice versa.

Gangs

• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.

• Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs.
Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration

• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139
to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39
million.

• Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are
three times more likely.


http://www.nc-f.org/colorofcrime/colorofcrime2005.pdf

Conspirator
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:15 am

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 7:04 pm » by Chronicnerd


synonymous wrote:Your associations like many other opinions are part of the problem. You look at a "latino" shooting a black teenager who was unarmed as not racist because he was latino. You are angry that two black guys set a white kid on fire. How about removing the race factor in general.

A teenager was shot by an overzealous neighborhood watchman. A kid was set on fire by two other kids. These are problems in and of themselves without trying to have blame associated with the color of their skin. You rant and rave in rage, but you play the comparisons of an ignorant bigot without even realizing it yourself. Until humans realize that tragedy and violence occur in our desensitized and broken society sans race, we will never, ever move forward.

I have no real hope this can happen unless humanity has some sort of a common foe to band against since even those who say they are not prejudice fail to take into account their subconscious bigotry and hate.

Hopefully you can elevate your way of thinking instead of jumping on the ignorant bandwagon using tragedy to further your warped beliefs.


Actually, you just even further made my point...
You are calling me a bigot... when I never said "all black people are horrible"...

I actually used no name calling... did not say *only* black people, or any colored/race, should die...

Nor did I imply that I hated black people...or had an installed bias against them due to their *color*...

What I *DID* say is that there is a *blatant* media *prejudice*/*bias* on tragedies when it comes to black people in America vs White...

I did not claim that we should not mourn or feel sorrow for Trayvon Martin nor for his friends or families...

I did not state any form of disgust for the race *in general*...

I *DID* express the *TRUTH* about blacks in America...
Just because what is said is "hard to swallow" or seems "harsh"... or is pointing out something that is claiming a "negative" perspective of a particular colored race that resides within the North American region...as long as there is justified *proof* of the issue at hand...then it is not being a "bigot" or "prejudice"

Which... I am not sure you think the word "bigot" means what it means:
Bigot
NOUN
1.
intolerant person: somebody with strong opinions, especially on politics, religion, or ethnicity, who refuses to accept different views


I am not *refusing* to accept a different view...nor did I speculate anything specific about their views...

What I *DID* say is that there is a *BLATANT* media and public figure amplification on tragedies coming from the black community, when if we are to treat each other in any form of mutual respect...

We show each other the same respect as we would want others to bestow upon us...

What I showed evidence/proof of, from this *one* example (don't get me started...I can post *volumes* of information that will make this case and point)... is that there is a blatantly obvious bias in the media and amongst the leaders of the more black oriented community which *amplify* their tragedies...but say not one word of anything that does not have to do with tragedies of other ethnic relation...

Why make JUST the Trayvon Martin case so public... ?
We had *TWO* distinct tragedies...

One someone lost their life, and may their friends and family find peace with this loss.

The other someone was put into the ICU due to a hate crime committed by two black teenagers of the same age bracket...

They complain when someone "makes a very bad decision"... but then they hide and hush any *potential reason as to why someone might make a bad decision*...

On one hand you have two 16-17 year old black Americans, pour gasoline on a 13 year old white boy, and as they lit him on fire...told him he "gets what he deserves"...

On the other hand you have a Latino male shoot a hooded 17 year old black kid, who apparently ran from him...

Not knowing *all* of the facts of the shooter...what other things might have happened to him or friends and family from someone of the same ethnic background (i.e. Black) that *might* have led him to make a bad decision...due to *past historic reasons*...

And then just assuming...that someone's views...in a more sociological/political means is wrong or biased in a negative way due to some form of ignorant prejudice...

Is actually being a Bigot... which is what you just did.

The title of this thread is that the community, in general, is "out of control" with prejudices against white tragedies (i.e. hiding/refusing to acknowledge).... not that "blackie is bad"...

However...since it was a negative spin...on the Black Community... you are all sorts of ready to jump to the *EXACT* thing this thread is about... I point out facts...

You start claiming "bigot"..."prejudice"...and "ignorance"...

When in all reality... your response and the follow ups to your response... is the *perfect example* of my rant in this thread...

People jumping on the "Don't say anything negative about how black people are acting...else be labeled a bigot, ignorant, or prejudice"...wagon...

So... in a way...while your response did frustrate me... thanks for making my case and point...

What you just did... just even further strengthened what I see happening...

Not one of you responded back with:
Yeah... what is the deal?? I mean, it is a tragedy...no doubt, but why *SO MUCH* media on this... why did the President single this *ONE* tragedy above *BOTH* out...and why is it almost *IMPOSSIBLE* to find more information about the two black teenagers lighting the 13 year old on fire...and there are hundreds upon hundreds of articles...timelines...videos...and talk shows...talking about this *ONE* black oriented tragedy?

Because... in the end... my point... is that there were *TWO* very distinct events that happened...

One was someone making what we all can agree was a very bad choice...and punishment *should be served*...for the kid and for the kid's family...justice needs to be done.

The other tragedy...on the other hand...shows a *TYPE OF BEHAVIOR* that *MIGHT* shed some form of explanation why the *FIRST* incident happened... as in if a specific colored race in a region acts in a way such as depicted by the second tragedy (Coon incident)...and literally the first tragedy happened in a *SAME RELATIVE TIME FRAME* which was based on someone making a "quick and almost irrational decision"...

You have to stop and think... maybe... just maybe... if that specific race/color of people would stop acting the way they are acting... then when someone is on "watch"...they might not act in FEAR... because their experience with people of that race/color would not *potentially* be biased in the *FIRST PLACE*.

But... again... you will think I am a bigot...and ignorant...when all I am pointing out... is people will treat you and your kind...based on how you and your kind act historically....

However... what I am trying to point out will go on deaf ears/eyes... as most will only view this post as a prejudice/ignorant rant...

When in reality... it points out something that happens to be fact...

Conspirator
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:15 am

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 7:24 pm » by Chronicnerd


blondie1w2000 wrote:I think the original poster has a point. White people are getting sick and tired of being made to feel like they're "villains" when the statistics actually speak for themselves.


The Color of Crime
Second, Expanded Edition
Copyright © 2005
New Century Foundation

Major Findings

• Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.

Crime Rates

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder,
and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely
than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.

• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and
Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.

• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of
the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime

• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving
blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.

• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive
percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are
Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are
black.

• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against
a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.

• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes
against whites than vice versa.

Gangs

• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.

• Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs.
Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration

• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139
to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39
million.

• Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are
three times more likely.


http://www.nc-f.org/colorofcrime/colorofcrime2005.pdf



This too makes the *CASE AND POINT*...


However... I CANNOT STRESS THIS POINT ENOUGH...

This has *NOTHING* to do with *bias* due to color and *IGNORANCE*...

It has to do with bias based on a specific race/color *ACTING IN A SPECIFIC WAY WHICH LEADS TO TRAGEDIES*.... and people becoming *BIASED* based on this specific race/color's historic ACTIONS....

If you hit a dog enough...it will become "hand shy" and "cower" or "growl" when you come near it... it is learned behavior based on past experiences...

It is "hypocrisy", because the black community is "all up in arms" about this tragedy...
But...not one person stood up and spoke the truth...

Yes...tragedy...very tragic... horrid...can't imagine being in the family's shoes...100%.

But...look at the way they are acting... "store rushing" and "stealing"...crimes...blatant prejudice...highest unemployment rates...highest drug/gang rates...

When someone see's a hooded black person... when you look at what the *majority* of them are "contributing to society"... you might feel anxiety...fear...suspicion... and it is most definitely *BIASED*... but not based on ignorance...based on historic actions...a very large percentage of the black community have done...based on experiences from interacting with black people or having a black person do something bad to a friend or family member...

*NOT JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK*...

But because the black community is...as this thread is titled...

Out of Control....

Sorry... most of the younger generation had it beaten into their head to have apathy for the black community... I did...I sure know people from the ages of 1 to 35 most certainly did...

And here we are... people *rushing* to be apathetic to a Black tragedy... both in this thread... and in the media..

My rant is...

"Ok...enough...no more apathy...at least not from me...you get your friends and family (in the black community) to start acting in respect to all others around them...and I will have more apathy...but until then... sorry... how you act...is how you get treated..."

That is the whole point....behind this post...which is my "apathy" for such tragedies has gone...and gone because I can't feel it when I know the stats (as was posted here) and I read stories like the Coon incident... or the President makes rash statements about cops being prejudice...and then it turns out...ooopss...not really...but it is "ok" for the President to say the cops acted stupidly...no worries...

Now...if Bush Jr said that about a black person....whoooboy...better watch out!

This is what this thread is about... the double standard...and the fact that we have been "apathetic" to their community long enough...when they can start getting their community together and stop being the largest burden upon our society...earn their respect...the days of "slaves" and "ignorant prejudice" are gone...

You cannot expect respect...if you show no respect in return... period.

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10609
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 7:33 pm » by Cornbread714


Are you sure "apathy" is the term you really meant to use?

ap·a·thy
n.
1. Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.
2. Lack of emotion or feeling; impassiveness.


I think "empathy" might be the word you are searching for. Unless I completely misunderstood your point.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 pm » by Spock


Excellent point Chronic, I agree 1000% with you as usual.

Indeed CB empathy is what was mean.


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook