black magic and leonardo da vinci ?

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 29, 2012 9:21 pm » by 99socks

man2012 wrote:black magic and leonardo da vinci ?

And this is a perfect example of why you can't have any sort of intelligent discussion with most Muslims... the ignorance of subjects like simple math and biology gets re-interpreted within the black and white categories of superstitious, fundamentalist Islam. And trying to get through to them is as difficult as digging through hot black tar with your bare fingers.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Initiate

PostSun Jul 29, 2012 9:50 pm » by Edgar 2.0

99socks wrote:
man2012 wrote:black magic and leonardo da vinci ?

And this is a perfect example of why you can't have any sort of intelligent discussion with most Muslims... the ignorance of subjects like simple math and biology gets re-interpreted within the black and white categories of superstitious, fundamentalist Islam. And trying to get through to them is as difficult as digging through hot black tar with your bare fingers.

Things get even more incredible if you consider this, for example :

A complete history of mathematics of medieval Islam cannot yet be written, since so many of these Arabic manuscripts lie unstudied... Still, the general outline... is known. In particular, Islamic mathematicians fully developed the decimal place-value number system to include decimal fractions, systematised the study of algebra and began to consider the relationship between algebra and geometry, studied and made advances on the major Greek geometrical treatises of Euclid, Archimedes, and Apollonius, and made significant improvements in plane and spherical geometry.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 29, 2012 9:54 pm » by 99socks

Edgar 2.0 wrote:

A complete history of mathematics of medieval Islam cannot yet be written, since so many of these Arabic manuscripts lie unstudied... Still, the general outline... is known. In particular, Islamic mathematicians fully developed the decimal place-value number system to include decimal fractions, systematised the study of algebra and began to consider the relationship between algebra and geometry, studied and made advances on the major Greek geometrical treatises of Euclid, Archimedes, and Apollonius, and made significant improvements in plane and spherical geometry.

*cough Byzantine Empire (lol)
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Initiate

PostSun Jul 29, 2012 9:57 pm » by Edgar 2.0

99socks wrote:
Edgar 2.0 wrote:

*cough Byzantine Empire (lol)

Actually in wikipedia they say : "In the history of mathematics, mathematics in medieval Islam, often termed Islamic mathematics or Arabic mathematics, covers the body of mathematics preserved and developed under the Islamic civilization between circa 622 and 1600"

Which would put it in the Byzantine period. More or less :)

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 30, 2012 12:12 am » by Iamthatiam

Phaeton wrote:I obviously am.

I am that I am, I guess.

:rtft: "Sapiens dominabitur astris"

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostMon Jul 30, 2012 1:38 am » by SamueltheLion

Phaeton wrote:
Iamthatiam wrote:
Phaeton wrote:Yet all in all you provided it in a wrapper of diffuse, seemingly entoxicated born, unstable rhetoric.

To someone with a far consolidated ideology, such as you, would be impossible seeing anything related any differently, even that which you've never heard before...

Enjoy yourself, and your "netherlands" ( :mrgreen: ), where you are very much stuck in, and comfortably put, I might add!

:D

Did your mother used to refer to you as 'special' by any chance?

Another wildly interesting post my friend, well done.

Somehow Huey, Dewey, and Louie spring to mind when taking in the gist of this thread.
Indeed, the triune godhead concept has been seeded far and wide. Far and wide.

wildly interesting indeed.

tell me phaeton, where does your consciousness SIT?
or LIE? or Rest? where is it, can you put your finger on where it is most of the time?

what my friend iamthatiam is referring to ever so subtly here is where your consciousness is currently residing, but anyway, enjoy your beliefs, i hope they serve you well, like william james pointed out:

if a man must jump over an abyss, and he believes he can, and then does so immediately & succedes his belief was good for him.

if he waits too long, consumed with doubts and becomes weak, his belief was useless.

is your belief really serving you?

gotta say i agree with edgar,
cheer up!

:cheers:
Your faith will make you whole

Previous