Blind faith

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 14, 2012 12:12 pm » by Iwanci

Newearthman, did you just quote and cheer your own post and give yourself a group hug?

:headscratch:

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am hearing you my man and I happen to agree.. I myself am at the same crossroads and am soon to take a decision similar to yours. I think we spend all our lives working towards a goal that never comes.. Most people exist, not many live.

Many I speak with tell me that they want to work hard to acquire wealth so that they have a comfortable retirement, most people I know (especially men) never live long enough in retirement to achieve what they planned, and many of those who do lose the will or the health to do what they planned.

Society has well and truly conned each of us into believing that we need to upgrade everything, work increasingly harder and longer hours, work longer before retirement and then you can live your life. The reality is that you exist up until you retire and when you retire you either live a short life or you die.

So the secret I am discovering is to learn how to live your life as and when you can. Persue your dream, ambition, goal etc and it doesn't matter one iota if you make a mistake, it really doesn't matter. Don't worry too much about the house, it is just a box designed to keep you locked up, and when you die they move you from one box into another.

Most of us have indeed forgotten how to live altogether, we define our lives by our physical achievements , size of house, type of car, job title, earnings, wealth etc etc.. so much so that when people do finally retire they apparently get old very quickly because they simply do noy know what to do with themselves. Sad that we no longer define our lives by our achivements in happiness and love. How many people can actually sit still and enjoy doing absolutely nothing? The word boring gets thrown around way too liberally.

I have some wisdom now, and am now on my endeavour to LIVE my life with my children and my new wife, and I couldn't care less about career and/or dollars and/or job title and/or house and.or car etc etc.. \

You want freedom? Get rid of everything that stops you from doing anything you want to do. Freedom does not come from wealth, freedom comes from living life the way you want to and not just existing.

Life is a journey, unfortunately some people get stuck at the roundabout.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 14, 2012 5:26 pm » by Newearthman

I could not have said it better myself, good luck!

And yes I was drinking heavy last night.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 11:58 am » by Newearthman

Still going on blind faith...Not quite sure how thats going yet...(excuse the pun)

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 12:44 pm » by SamueltheLion

Newearthman wrote:Still going on blind faith...Not quite sure how thats going yet...(excuse the pun)

energy is subtle.

there is trust, and there is walking blindly to slaughter.

the question now is: where are you going? roughly.

maybe very few of us know exactly, but a lot of us have little goals along the way, they help.

at the logical end of everything (try to think any thought to its end), we are all walking on light, we are all "going on blind faith", after all: what's to stop you from sinking through the space in atoms?
all things are 99% empty, almost completely void.

TRUST! :D

What is to stop you is your natural belief and unquestioning faith and trust in this aspect of the universe.

it would be silly to spend lots of time worrying about that now, wouldn't it?

there is following intuition, and there is stumbling around in the dark.

make sure you really do have the faith, and you are not just blind.
ask and it shall be given, believe and it shall be so <3 :D
Your faith will make you whole

Initiate

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 2:33 pm » by Shendao

Newearthman wrote:Still going on blind faith...Not quite sure how thats going yet...(excuse the pun)

I have been following your recent journey through your other posts, and I feel for you having been down some of those roads myself. Blind faith can be useful sometimes but care is also needed. Remember it is not the destination that is important but the journey to get to it. What I want to say may be of some use to you, who knows, it helped me. It's a taoist viewpoint and you can use or leave it as you see fit :)

Life can be seen as a constant movement from chaos to order and back, sometimes the pendulum swings quickly and events unfold at a rapid rate, at other times it can take months or years to translate. One thing is certain, in each state the other exists, in every orderly situation there is the potential for chaos.

Now don't get me wrong here; chaos is not evil nor is order good, they are just parts of the whole and are both needed in life. My teacher once told me the basic rule of managing your reality was to know firstly if you were in chaos or order. If you are in chaos then bring order, if you are in order bring chaos although this may sound odd.

Imagine watching a heavy snowfall, all those flakes falling quickly around you. They may seem chaotic until you pick one as reference. Now all the others appear 'in relationship' to the one you chose and there is a sense of order.

Similarly, if something like that appears orderly you can loosen your focus and see the chaos (or opportunity) of it.

Whilst faith is good at times I feel it can also hinder. The reason being that faith requires nothing from us except to believe, and sometimes that can require no effort. In that moment our faith can lead us from a good choice that we fail to see. Exercise your faith, and acknowledge your journey whilst looking at the chaos for opportunities.

Not sure if that makes sense.

:hugging:
You are an immortal being, so stop freaking out about losing another body!

Previous