Florida mosque bombed; FBI calls for help

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 22, 2010 6:23 pm » by Torofamily

These are two stories that I kind of found interesting and wanted to here some opinions from around the world. To me, cause of growing up in New York, feel that the mosque in N.Y. is almost like the family of a serial killer putting a statue of the killer at the graves of the victims. Whats your opinion?

Right Wing: Mosque at Ground Zero is a "Slap in the Face"
http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-gaggle/2010/05/10/right-wing-mosque-at-ground-zero-is-a-quot-slap-in-the-face-quot.html
This Week in Conservative Media

Plans for the construction of a mosque just two blocks from Ground Zero are prompting outrage in the blogosphere, but the emotional reaction appears to falling on deaf ears. The Cordoba House project, according to CNN, calls for a 15-story community center that would include a performance-art center, gym, swimming pool, and a mosque. So far there seems little indication the city will do anything to appease those opposed to it.

"The time for a center like this has come because Islam is an American religion," Daisy Khan, executive director of the American Society for Muslim Advancement, told CNN. "We need to take the 9/11 tragedy and turn it into something very positive.” According to the New York Daily News, Imam Feisel Abdul Rauf, who helped found the Cordoba Initiative following the 9/11 attacks, said the project is intended to foster better relations between the West and Muslims, but if conservative commentators are any indication of the reaction, the mosque is opening, not healing, old wounds.

According to the American Thinker’s Ethel C. Fenig, “ Placing the center close to the site of the late World Trade Center will not promote healing and as for promoting a ‘better understanding of their religion’ it would certainly be a constant reminder of the evil its capable of.”

Ruthfully Yours blogger Madeline Brooks calls it “a slap in the face.” Like many opponents to the mosque, she brings up building-permit issues, an effort that feels like a desperate measure to stop in the inevitable. “Still another unsettling part of Rauf’s problem mosque is why the city has given the building a pass. Records for the Department of Buildings have shown numerous complaints for illegal construction and no access, yet the issues were listed as “resolved.” The recent Times Square bombing attempt is also brought up as a reason for Mayor Bloomberg to stop to the mosque from being built. “If not, he will be helping to provide a handy meeting place for future terrorists, those who understand Imam Rauf’s real message: Speak sweetly, appear to be a well-adjusted member of American society, and plan the destruction of America, either with bombs or ‘peaceful’ undermining.”

But the plans for the mosque have been apparent for months, if not longer, and the complaints have had little influence. Last year WorldNetDaily’s Chelsea Schilling collected reader responses when news of the mosque was first unveiled. The protest? Sound and fury, signifying nothing—so far. “Who wants to bet this place becomes a "tourist attraction" for Muslims? This mosque will become one of Islam's holiest shrines as it sits upon the site of their greatest modern military victory,” wrote one. Another reader, seeming depressed by it all, simply added: “Good idea. Maybe terrorists will be less likely to bomb this area if there's a mosque there."

Florida mosque bombed; FBI calls for help; national media mute
Published on 08-22-2010
By karoli Wednesday May 19, 2010
Source: Crook And Liars http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/florida-mosque-bombed-fbi-calls-help-nation

Copyright © 2006-2010 BlackListedNews.com

On May 10th, a middle-aged man carried a can of gasoline and a pipe bomb into the Jacksonville Islamic Center of Northeast Florida during evening prayers and detonated it. Fortunately, there were no injuries to people, though the bomb did damage property.

The surveillance video above gives a fairly decent picture of this man, who is clearly white, middle-aged, and on a mission.

The local news is all over it, of course. WOKV.com reports the FBI investigating it as a hate crime and possible domestic terrorism.

"It was a dangerous device, and had anybody been around it they could have been seriously injured or killed," says Special Agent James Casey. "We want to sort of emphasize the seriousness of the thing and not let people believe that this was just a match and a little bit of gasoline that was spread around."

Casey says surveillance video from the Islamic Center shows the arsonist carrying gasoline and the pipe bomb. When the explosive went off, parts of it were found 100 feet away on 9A.

So, a mosque is bombed by a white guy and the bomb isn't exactly small, but the national media sees no value in reporting it? Really? And yet, that is evidently the case.

Anti-Muslim sentiments in Florida have been bubbling to the surface, particularly after Republican Dan Fanelli's campaign commercial was aired asking if a man appearing to be from the Middle East "looked like a terrorist." According to Yahoo News, there were two other ads with even more pointed messages against Muslims:

Another ad has Fanelli saying, "This is a terrorist," as he presents a "Middle Eastern" man strapped with a "bomb" and wearing what appears to be a dish towel "turban."

Yet another ad shows two Arabic-speaking "terrorists" constructing a bomb while discussing "martyrdom" and "killing infidels." The ad also mocks long-standing due process rights such as Miranda warnings and access to lawyers.

These ads air, and a mosque is bombed. The bomb could have killed many people. To further stir the pot, this:

Last month, CAIR reported that a Muslim university professor was appointed to the Jacksonville, Fla., Human Rights Commission despite a prolonged smear campaign by the anti-Islam hate group ACT! for America, whose leader says Muslims should not be allowed to hold public office.

There's a deep pattern of anti-Islam behavior in Florida. CommonDreams.org has the list. It's a story worthy of attention by every single citizen in this country.

I did a quick Google news search. I found lots of local stories. But look what happens when I try major news sites:

FOX News: Nothing

CNN: Nothing

MSNBC: Nothing

CBS News: Nothing.

Why is that?
ImageWE ARE THE GLOBAL POLITICAL AWAKENING ! Image

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 22, 2010 6:35 pm » by zinzana

islam is raising its ugly head thanks to mobarak hussain and with his full support

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 22, 2010 6:44 pm » by Lighthouse

So I gather from what you are saying that you still believe the muslims 'bombed' the twin towers :headscratch:

In our country we would say: go back to start, you get no points :lol:

Writer

PostSun Aug 22, 2010 6:49 pm » by Hotpot

The American government would have us believe that one can take four lessons in a light aircraft and then take the controls of a commercial airliner and fly it with pinpoint accuracy into a skyscaper.
If that's the case, I wonder why somebody hasn't flew an airliner into the next Bilderberg meeting. I'd love to see Rockefeller's face with a 747 sticking out of his arse!

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 22, 2010 6:54 pm » by Lighthouse

hotpot wrote:The American government would have us believe that one can take four lessons in a light aircraft and then take the controls of a commercial airliner and fly it with pinpoint accuracy into a skyscaper.
If that's the case, I wonder why somebody hasn't flew an airliner into the next Bilderberg meeting. I'd love to see Rockefeller's face with a 747 sticking out of his arse!

Yeah, and that's just one the 10.000 facts that don't fit the bill...
This is so obvious that 90% of the people still don't get it,
guess what this says about 90% of the people??

(no disrespect intended to the majority of people (well... a bit maybe :wink: ), they just forgot the throw out their TV set and cancel their subscription for the New York Times) :D

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 22, 2010 6:55 pm » by Torofamily

agreed that it was an inside job and they were just pawns but if they could, they would have. It was their intention. they were incapable yes, NORAD was in war game practice at the same time yes but it was their intention

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 22, 2010 6:58 pm » by sockpuppet

torofamily wrote:
I did a quick Google news search. I found lots of local stories. But look what happens when I try major news sites:[/size]

FOX News: Nothing

CNN: Nothing

MSNBC: Nothing

CBS News: Nothing.

Why is that?

We can think of conspiracies and that is fun to do, but sometimes the answer is totally mundane. I am willing to bet they didn't want to encourage copycats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 22, 2010 7:03 pm » by Torofamily

sockpuppet wrote: I am willing to bet they didn't want to encourage copycats.

Agreed
but the senator who cheated on his wife made the headline for weeks...............no?
Last edited by Torofamily on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 22, 2010 7:04 pm » by sockpuppet

torofamily wrote:
sockpuppet wrote: I am willing to bet they didn't want to encourage copycats.

Agreed
but the seneter who cheated on his wife made the headline for weeks...............no?

Advertisers won't pay if the papers don't sell....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Writer

PostSun Aug 22, 2010 7:07 pm » by Hotpot

If everybody just worked together, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, atheists etc alike, we could take down the true warmongers and secure a peaceful future for ourselves and our children.
We shouldn't be fighting amongst ourselves.
I consider myself a good man albeit atheist. Yet I would strap those Bilderberg bastards down to a table and first administer drugs to prevent them from falling unconscious. Then I would dismantle their bodies organ by organ. I'm sorry to say that I would enjoy it.
If the people ever catch up with these bastards, they will pay severely.
And it may even be their own people that turn on them. Their bodyguards are in the same boat as we are.

Next