Books are Dead

Conspirator

PostMon May 19, 2014 3:50 am » by Otomon

I have noticed in the past few months, bookstores are closing down at an alarming rate. I live in a mayor city in Canada, but I know it is happening everywhere:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/04/01 ... 70119.html

So what do you guys think? Will society get dumber? Will books become "relics"? Are people going to read less or more with the whole Kindle business?

There is also this "app" that allows you to "read" books at a higher speed than a human normally does... its like shoving a whole sandwich down your throat without chewing:

http://www.spritzinc.com/
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Conspirator

PostMon May 19, 2014 4:16 am » by Opalserpent

The pursuit of profits. Books will still receive a high price online and not have
to be produced with manufacturing overheads increasing profits.
We live in a profit driven society.

I think paper would be less damaging to the environment then producing E readers.

Hey nice profile pic dude, did you barf everywhere and trip on your own vomit? :alien51:

:cheers:
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator

PostMon May 19, 2014 4:35 am » by Otomon

Opalserpent wrote:Hey nice profile pic dude, did you barf everywhere and trip on your own vomit? :alien51:

Nah it is rose petals that were dropped on the ground by a bunch of beautiful women after I completed a goddess puja, way better than puke! :flop:
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Conspirator

PostMon May 19, 2014 4:39 am » by Opalserpent

Otomon wrote:
Opalserpent wrote:Hey nice profile pic dude, did you barf everywhere and trip on your own vomit? :alien51:

Nah it is rose petals that were dropped on the ground by a bunch of beautiful women after I completed a goddess puja, way better than puke! :flop:

Cool man, sounds spiritual. :mrcool:

Nice to see you around man.

Let's shake on it.

Initiate

PostMon May 19, 2014 4:40 am » by Innosent

I for one, think it's a good thing! What do I notice when I encounter someone who is well read? Someone who has a false sense of reverence for many syllables. Do Yoo have any idea how many hucksters, shills, and con artists have made good livings fabricating lies? It must be thousands if not millions. I'm all for the preservation of knowledge however. Those texts will no doubt be preserved and probably copied.

I'm doing my part as a classical music scholar. I have some old editions of Muzio Clementi's Piano Sonatas. I have done searches for the midi files and they are not on the internet yet. I am currently transcribing them with the utmost care to the slightest accidental and will eventually upload them all.

Ahhh....Whaddaya worried for? The best stuff always gets copied...http://www.mysteriousman.net/andres/Raa ... rea_51.pdf
...See! :wink:

Furthermore, I am making a world map based on Carl P. Muncks findings that ancient megalithic sites were based on a matrix which used the great pyramid of Giza as the Prime Meridian.

Also, I created Dracula's Castle in Minecraft. So you see, even though I hate some books, I care about the historical records very much.
The best books that were not historical accounts were fiction anyways. I think the medium of video has officially taken place of those kind of
books and it's more of a natural kind of succession than a system failing. Sort of like how video arcade game replaced pinball machines and how console games succeed pc games... :peep:

Conspirator

PostMon May 19, 2014 4:52 am » by Opalserpent

Innosent wrote:I for one, think it's a good thing! What do I notice when I encounter someone who is well read? Someone who has a false sense of reverence for many syllables. Do Yoo have any idea how many hucksters, shills, and con artists have made good livings fabricating lies? It must be thousands if not millions. I'm all for the preservation of knowledge however. Those texts will no doubt be preserved and probably copied.

I'm doing my part as a classical music scholar. I have some old editions of Muzio Clementi's Piano Sonatas. I have done searches for the midi files and they are not on the internet yet. I am currently transcribing them with the utmost care to the slightest accidental and will eventually upload them all.

Ahhh....Whaddaya worried for? The best stuff always gets copied...http://www.mysteriousman.net/andres/Raa ... rea_51.pdf
...See! :wink:

Furthermore, I am making a world map based on Carl P. Muncks findings that ancient megalithic sites were based on a matrix which used the great pyramid of Giza as the Prime Meridian.

Also, I created Dracula's Castle in Minecraft. So you see, even though I hate some books, I care about the historical records very much.
The best books that were not historical accounts were fiction anyways. I think the medium of video has officially taken place of those kind of
books and it's more of a natural kind of succession than a system failing. Sort of like how video arcade game replaced pinball machines and how console games succeed pc games... :peep:

Yeah good anology. I bought a pinball game for ps4 and it gave me flashbacks of
seeing the original machines when I was a kid.
Though only when I was in europe on holidays. Some of those pinball machines
were absolutely works of art.

Keep up your good work on processing old music to midi files man. I have zero musical talent, unless
i've been eating baked beans and eggs.

Conspirator

PostMon May 19, 2014 7:38 am » by Mydogma

I hear people(designers) are starting to design in library walls back into there pads and collecting them based on nostelga or desired look , add to the fact that there are many merited books id love to have in my collection....no doubt ebooks as well as economy but I think the paperback will be around for a long time....and dip them in bacon fat and use them to start your wood stove...they burn for an hour...haha
http://www.abebooks.com/books/RareBooks/grimoire-dickenson-faulkner-rowling/2013-most-expensive.shtml
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Super Moderator

PostMon May 19, 2014 9:05 am » by Slith

Innosent wrote:

This sounds fascinating. I'd love to see this when it's done.

Very cool!

:flop:

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostMon May 19, 2014 11:57 am » by Fatdogmendoza

My other half is a librarian in an inner city Library, Massive multicultural working class and unemployed community... Books have never been so popular..So Books are Dead? It depends.. :flop:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Super Moderator

PostMon May 19, 2014 12:54 pm » by The57ironman

Slith wrote:
Innosent wrote:

This sounds fascinating. I'd love to see this when it's done.

Very cool!

:flop:

...^^^^^^^^^^^^..same here.. :flop:

The Three Stooges Versus Islamofascism »
When Barry, Kerry and Joe meet ISIS, what could possibly go wrong?

Next