bowel cancer and stomach cancer

Conspirator

PostSat May 05, 2012 12:30 pm » by Flecktarn

i got my all clear letter today ,and the thing is guys it can be beaten ,as soon as you notice any difference in you habits ,go see a doctor , don't be embarrassed as doctors see this every day and your not wasting there time and you could be saving your life ..

The good news is that bowel cancer can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases, if it is diagnosed at an early stage, before it has had a chance to grow and spread.

The early symptoms for bowel cancer are very similar to other, much less serious problems with the bowel. It is very important to be aware of what is normal for you, so you can recognise any unusual changes and act quickly to get them investigated.

Your GP will want to see you if you have been experiencing any of these symptoms for 3 weeks or more:

Bleeding from the bottom (rectal bleeding) without any obvious reason. You may also notice other symptoms such as straining, soreness, lumps and itchiness around the back passage. These can often be caused by piles (haemorrhoids), but this is also a “red flag” symptom for urgent investigation, so it is very important to see your GP, who can take a full history and do an initial examination.
A persistent change in bowel habit meaning any unexpected or unexplained change to your normal habits of going to the toilet and emptying your bowels. It can sometimes be problems with constipation, and feeling that your bowel is not completely empty. It is especially important if you are going to the toilet more often or experiencing looser stools and/or passing lots of clear, "jelly-like" mucus.
Abdominal pain that is constant or which comes and goes. You should seek help immediately if it becomes severe.
A lump in your tummy especially on the right hand side.
Unexplained tiredness, dizziness & breathlessness (signs of anaemia).
Unexpected and unexplained weight loss.
Please remember that most of these symptoms will not be bowel cancer, but to rule it out you must first visit your GP. Your doctor will take a full history and examine you, and can answer your questions to reassure you. If you need to have more investigations to find out what is causing your symptoms, your doctor will make those referrals for you. Often, once you know what the problem is, you are able to stop worrying about it, and find effective ways to deal with it.

dont leave it till its to late as this cancer is on the increase
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSat May 05, 2012 12:44 pm » by Cwmman

a friend of mine was talking about this the other day and those symtoms remind me of someone i know :shock:
Glad you got the all clear :flop:
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.

Conspirator

PostSat May 05, 2012 12:52 pm » by Flecktarn

it was alot of worry and stress but i was never negative about it the mind and body can be a powerful thing ,i used hemp oil , don't know if it helped or not and plenty of fresh fruit and veg but anything is worth a try ,but there are people out there who will try and rip you off with miracle cures ,they don't work
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSat May 05, 2012 1:07 pm » by Shemagh

Great news on the all clear Flecktern. When you hit 60 the NHS send a do it yourself testing kit, which you post back to them, I think it's once every 5 years from then on. Pity they couldn't extend that to younger people, even once every 10 years, at least that would raise levels of awareness.

Conspirator

PostSat May 05, 2012 1:20 pm » by Flecktarn

Shemagh wrote:Great news on the all clear Flecktern. When you hit 60 the NHS send a do it yourself testing kit, which you post back to them, I think it's once every 5 years from then on. Pity they couldn't extend that to younger people, even once every 10 years, at least that would raise levels of awareness.

thanks :flop: ,i wish more people were aweare of this as it is effecting lots of people in there 30's and 40's
ImageImage

Initiate

PostSat May 05, 2012 8:49 pm » by Nikrastardizer

Fucking nice one Fleck. Great to hear :cheers:

The next ones for you man.

Super Moderator

PostSat May 05, 2012 8:59 pm » by domdabears

The C word. :nails: Damn.

Glad everything is all good.

:cheers:
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSat May 05, 2012 9:17 pm » by Daemonfoe

Flecktarn wrote:it was alot of worry and stress but i was never negative about it the mind and body can be a powerful thing ,i used hemp oil , don't know if it helped or not and plenty of fresh fruit and veg but anything is worth a try ,but there are people out there who will try and rip you off with miracle cures ,they don't work

Good work. Nutrition is the key. Every time I get a hold of an apricot i crack open the pit with pliers (now i have a vice I can use), and eat the "nut" or whatever you call it on the inside. It has the highest concentration of B17 on the planet. Very bitter, and people will tell you it is full of cyanide, but what they don't know is that it is single molecule cyanide, not dual molecule. Dual molecule cyanide is poison, but single molecule cyanide is what your body needs to create the enzymes that stop the healing process (the cell growth that is cancer).
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Super Moderator

PostSat May 05, 2012 9:39 pm » by Seahawk

Great news, Fleck! Glad to hear it. :flop: :cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostSun May 06, 2012 1:36 am » by 44z44

Flecktarn wrote:i got my all clear letter today ,and the thing is guys it can be beaten ,as soon as you notice any difference in you habits ,go see a doctor , don't be embarrassed as doctors see this every day and your not wasting there time and you could be saving your life ..

The good news is that bowel cancer can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases, if it is diagnosed at an early stage, before it has had a chance to grow and spread.

The early symptoms for bowel cancer are very similar to other, much less serious problems with the bowel. It is very important to be aware of what is normal for you, so you can recognise any unusual changes and act quickly to get them investigated.

Your GP will want to see you if you have been experiencing any of these symptoms for 3 weeks or more:

Bleeding from the bottom (rectal bleeding) without any obvious reason. You may also notice other symptoms such as straining, soreness, lumps and itchiness around the back passage. These can often be caused by piles (haemorrhoids), but this is also a “red flag” symptom for urgent investigation, so it is very important to see your GP, who can take a full history and do an initial examination.
A persistent change in bowel habit meaning any unexpected or unexplained change to your normal habits of going to the toilet and emptying your bowels. It can sometimes be problems with constipation, and feeling that your bowel is not completely empty. It is especially important if you are going to the toilet more often or experiencing looser stools and/or passing lots of clear, "jelly-like" mucus.
Abdominal pain that is constant or which comes and goes. You should seek help immediately if it becomes severe.
A lump in your tummy especially on the right hand side.
Unexplained tiredness, dizziness & breathlessness (signs of anaemia).
Unexpected and unexplained weight loss.
Please remember that most of these symptoms will not be bowel cancer, but to rule it out you must first visit your GP. Your doctor will take a full history and examine you, and can answer your questions to reassure you. If you need to have more investigations to find out what is causing your symptoms, your doctor will make those referrals for you. Often, once you know what the problem is, you are able to stop worrying about it, and find effective ways to deal with it.

dont leave it till its to late as this cancer is on the increase

That's great news flecktarn.

Upload to Disclose.tv

“Three things can not hide for long: the Moon,the Sun,and the Truth.”

― Hermann Hesse

Next