boycott nepal

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 8:47 pm » by E6722maj

i'd never heard of this barbaric shit until today. it's an obscenity. fuck religion.

"I cannot find the words to express my profound sadness that the barbaric Gadhimai Jatra festival took place in the Bara district of Nepal on the 24th and 25th November 2009. It proceeded as planned despite protests and condemnation from all over the world from concerned compassionate individuals and animal rights/welfare organisations.

I cannot understand how this grotesque event has previously escaped the notice of such organisations or any other concerned persons, including myself. Prior to the notification in my e-mail on 20th November 2009 from The International Humane society I had not heard of such a festival, a word that sadly seems rather misplaced with it‘s implication of a joyous celebration, there was certainly nothing joyous about the brutal slaughter of as many as 500,000 gentle creatures despite the inclusion of a Ferris wheel, Robot fortune tellers and stalls selling snacks. Odd isn't it and cowardly that these people only abuse, slay and torture gentle creatures rather than lions or tigers. Not of course that I condone brutality to any creature, it is just that I am reminded of a quotation from Plutarch the ancient Greek philosopher :
“You call serpents and panthers and lions savage, but you yourselves , by your own foul slaughter, leave them no room to outdo you in cruelty; for their slaughter is their living, yours is a mere appetizer.

It is certainly not lions and wolves that we eat out of self defence; on the contrary, we ignore these and slaughter harmless, tame creatures without stings or teeth to harm us, creatures that, I swear, Nature appears to have produced for the sake of their beauty and grace"

:hell:

http://www.think-differently-about-shee ... -Again.htm
whatever