Brad Meltzer's "Decoded" Vs Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory?"

Initiate

PostTue Dec 07, 2010 7:11 am » by Nytemere

This is a fairly new series (Premiered December 2) on the History channel, comes on every Thursday night at 10EST. This isn't uploaded from me, but here's the first episode (Commercials included! :clapper:):

[youtube]zHu0TfoMDos&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]gotApQJzCCg&feature=related[/youtube]

Upload to Disclose.tv

[youtube]mygRekOZYSM&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]iKLp_b5xcak&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]7wzlm63p_pE&feature=related[/youtube]

Think they're competing with TruTV's Conspiracy Theory? Is History Channel's "Brad Meltzer" their Jesse Ventura? It certainly isn't as hard-hitting as Conspiracy Theory, but History Channel is a much more popular channel than TruTV I'm sure.
Brad Meltzer (Taken from Wikipedia):
Brad Meltzer is a bestselling American political thriller novelist, non-fiction writer, TV show creator and award-winning comic book author.

"Political thriller novelist" stands out to me as, this guy is searching for the hollywood version of conspiracy theories. I hate "non-fiction" national television shows like this. It just sounds like they're reading the Wikipedia description of a general conspiracy and going, "That's it! That's all there is to it. Go to sleep. We have a few hundred thousand dollar production budget that pays for our expert analysts, there's nothing we would have missed. (Footnote: We didn't use the internet, because everything you read on the internet is ridiculous and written by 10 year old's.)"
“The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict.” -Employing Dante's words, Martin Luther King, Jr.

Initiate

PostSun Jan 22, 2012 4:17 pm » by Pateriot

The primary difference between the two is that "Decoded" gives some critical thought to their focus on conspiracies and alleged strange events in an attempt to uncover the truth. In sharp contrast, "Conspiracy Theory" simply accepts every conspiratorial theory as fact as long as it concludes that the government, Papacy, or ethereal group of mega rich who control the World is behind them.

Jesse starts with a conclusion that the US is evil. Anything that would appear to support this, no matter how fantastic, is true. Everything else is simply conspiratorial "disinformation" by the same evil forces.

Jesse Ventura is a class "A " nut. Unfortunately there are a large number of people who subscribe to these nutty views. "Conspiracy Theory" not only appeals to them but helps to reinforce their own errant views.

And no... I am not a government plant in the process if disinformation!!!

Initiate

PostSun Jan 22, 2012 4:35 pm » by Buhdoo

Yeah I would agree.. Conspiracy theory run with popular theories regardless of the facts..

Decoded seems to look at what is known and unknown and then come to a logical conclusion..

I like Brad Meltzer, he's funny..

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 22, 2012 4:48 pm » by Perronick

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 22, 2012 5:57 pm » by Evildweeb

Mark Dice hit the nail on the head - "...Brad Meltzer is compromised...."

Cheers

:cheers:
Living south of Kansas and north of Texas pretty much puts me in the middle of fu(king nowhere.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 22, 2012 6:00 pm » by Noentry

I cant watch it account has been closed :yell:
I was looking forward to that. :cry:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 22, 2012 6:07 pm » by Noentry

UFO Decoded, Brad Meltzers

I dont know it this is the same episode,

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne