Bradley Manning NOT GUILTY Of Aiding Enemy

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 9:02 pm » by *WillEase*

Manning not guilty of aiding the enemy in WikiLeaks case, still may face 128 years in prison!

The U.S. Army soldier charged with providing troves of government documents to WikiLeaks was found not guilty Tuesday of aiding the enemy, the top charge in his 21-count indictment that could have carried a life sentence, however, he was convicted of several lesser charges that can carry a 128-year prison sentence.

Prosecutors had to prove Army Pfc. Bradley Manning had "a general evil intent" and knew the classified material would be seen by the terrorist group Al Qaeda. Legal experts said an aiding-the- enemy conviction could set a precedent because Manning did not directly give the classified material to Al Qaeda.

The judge, Army Col. Denise Lind, deliberated for about 16 hours over three days before reaching her decision in the case.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/30/br ... z2aYXXEWH1

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 9:07 pm » by Phoenix rising

Good, now lets hope the lesser charges warrant the lessor sentence
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 9:24 pm » by *WillEase*

We'll know tomorrow.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Published on Jul 30, 2013

A US military judge has found Army private first class Bradley Manning "not guilty" of aiding the enemy. However, he was found guilty of 19 remaining charges, meaning that he still faces the possibility of over 100 years behind bars. READ MORE: http://on.rt.com/e7o41i

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 9:29 pm » by *WillEase*

My opinion is he is an idiot.
If you sign on the dotted line and join the military, you are bound by law to keep it's secrets.

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 31, 2013 10:42 am » by Icarus1

your entitled to your opinion will but i beg to differ, when you see acts of mass murder you are duty bound by god to disclose it, no matter the outcome, this is a shameful verdict which should be treated with nothing but contempt, LET JUSTICE BE DONE THOUGH THE HEAVENS FALL
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 31, 2013 10:52 am » by RATRODROB

Icarus1 wrote:your entitled to your opinion will but i beg to differ, when you see acts of mass murder you are duty bound by god to disclose it, no matter the outcome, this is a shameful verdict which should be treated with nothing but contempt, LET JUSTICE BE DONE THOUGH THE HEAVENS FALL

I agree, what he disclosed ISNT what he signed on the dotted line for, he were cheated on by his own government, and he witnessed atrocities being committed to innocent people, I reacon the bloke is a hero.
if the dotted line had been honest and had made it clear as to what really goes on, he wouldn't hav signed, im sure of that.

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 31, 2013 11:23 am » by *WillEase*

The atrocities of war are a two way street. You make it sound like no justice is ever brought upon
soldiers who commit the crimes you believe Manning disclosed.
If he was so moved by what he knew, he could have waited until he was no longer in the military before
"leaking" any information or, at the very least, attempted to use the chain of command to expose the crimes he supposedly witnessed.
The volume of information he leaked is where and why I have an issue with him. You can't honestly believe
he was aware of the content of hundreds of thousands of classified documents he passed on to Wikileaks.
His actions are in no way heroic.
Perhaps if he had disclosed information about war crimes anonymously, I would have more sympathy.
But his motives were not for the interests of justice, but for himself.

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 4:33 pm » by The57ironman

MANNING SENTENCED TO 35 YEARS

Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years in prison – live updates

Live• Sentence expected to be subject to immediate appeal
• Government had sought minimum 60-year confinement
• Follow the latest developments from Fort Meade

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/a ... leaks-live

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 4:45 pm » by Slith

When heroes become zeros.

Apparently some people are more equal than others. :top:

Canubis wrote:
THIS is is a thread you lock and ban me for you retarded goat!

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 12:15 am » by Fatdogmendoza

H will be up for parole in seven years...

Next