Brand vs Paxman : The Fallout by Straw Mandelbrot

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 2:50 pm » by Electrobadgr

My first proper attempt at a vlog, go easy :-)

Upload to Disclose.tv

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 3:19 pm » by ZetaRediculous

Nice one dude, for your first attempt it was pretty damn good..

You brought up very valid points on most sides of the argument. I myself never liked Brand UNTIL that interview. But my thoughts on his acting and comedy pales in my respect of his social-political stance. There is a need for a change in the system we currently reside within. Hopefully this debate will carry on longer than the usual few days of most news stories and something might come of it... Although I expect that the corporate media along with the BBC will try to sweep it under the carpet as quickly as possible, in their eyes this being nothing more than a small bump in the road towards the progress they so hungrily desire.

there is some interesting points you brought up that I will look into further. thanks for the viewpoint and the info :flop:

One, tiny critique on your vid (although I am sure it is first vblog nerves!!). Relax and breath, you seemed a little tense there for a moment. Not taking anything away from you, I wouldn't put myself out there in that way, and you have gained more respect in my eyes for doing that.

Kudos to you sir...

I look forward to you future vblogs...

:cheers:

:clapper:

:mrcool:
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett

Initiate

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 4:16 pm » by Middleman

Lovely work, EB. I was unaware of a lot of the fallout, but your analysis seems spot on.

Initiate

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 4:37 pm » by 1ofus

Excellent post! :clapper:

I don't know a lot about Russel Brand, I haven't followed him at all but the topic, "changing the system", is where the rubber meets the road so to speak. This is where you find out who you are dealing with. One will give and another will take or charge.

Love is all about giving and yet there are many that seem to think they should be compensated for their contributions or for their giving, which really isn't giving at all. Any mention of changing the capitalistic system that we are enslaved in is quickly rebuked. Sad thing is, usually what is being sold was given to the seller freely in the form of spiritual inspiration.

These people are all for restarting or resetting the game but they don't want to change the game. They understand that the game is flawed but they are able to survive or thrive in this system so there is no desire to change it.

We live in a system where absolutely everything is for sale. Logically, in time, everything will be sold out. When there is more money to be made in sickness than in health we will have sickness. When there is more money to be made in homelessness than not we will have homelessness. When there is more money to be made with uneducated sheep than well educated populations we will be dumbed down and when there is money to be made in war and death there will never be peace.

We need a cooperative world not a competitive world. Cooperation finds solutions for all, competition finds solutions for a few. Cooperation builds on itself, competition breaks down unity of purpose.

In a nut shell, it is my opinion that if we don't change this broken system our days are numbered. If we wake up in time and do what needs to be done and change this broken down social structure our future will become a reality without limits.

Keep the vlogs coming and don't mind Harbin if he calls you a hippie. :cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 5:29 pm » by Phoenix rising

Great vlog man and you hit on some very good points, i to have noticed the attacks of Russell Brand, his womanising, drug past ect and its pretty dam sad too see people stoop to this level and completely ignore the valid points he bought across, most of these people attacking him are nothing more than hateful trolls.

that fund thing sounds interesting for musicians/bands although i think i'm to old to qualify now :lol: :flop:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 5:59 pm » by ZetaRediculous

Phoenix rising wrote:Great vlog man and you hit on some very good points, i to have noticed the attacks of Russell Brand, his womanising, drug past ect and its pretty dam sad too see people stoop to this level and completely ignore the valid points he bought across, most of these people attacking him are nothing more than hateful trolls.

that fund thing sounds interesting for musicians/bands although i think i'm to old to qualify now :lol: :flop:

New Deal for musicians was ended years ago, I went on one of the courses in Poole (Gateway to music), the guy who took the sequencing and programming course was a drummer who know sweet Fanny Adams about Cubase and audio processing, I ended up going back and advising on the following six courses after mine, about as far as my music career went, they paid well though, which goes someway to show why the program didn't have longevity (I got £600 for two days work and I wasn't even a lecturer)...

It was great fun and we as a group put together a CD of our combined tracks, we had to play on at least three of the other projects and it was good for going into musical styles that we might not venture into. Probably one of the most worthwhile things to come out of a Labour government. But I'm probably biased...
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett

Initiate

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 7:46 pm » by TorJohnson

Good analysis video. I never knew just how eloquent or awake Brand was until a few weeks ago. The man's message needs to be spread as far and as wide as possible.

A word of caution about both Stefan Molyneux's Freedomain Radio and Peter Joseph's Zeitgeist movement; both have many of the hallmarks of cults and both men are absolutely resolute and unimaginably rigid in their beliefs. Watch their debate and response videos and see how childlike they both get when either of their ideologies are questioned. Read how their fans/followers bitterly attack each other and put these two men on a pedestal of infallibility.

Always, always, ALWAYS do your own research. Don't listen to Stefan or Peter or me. Read about Stefan's history and the lives his radio show's messages have ruined (see "deFOO.") Read about how the Zeitgeist movement is based on an idea that has been debunked by countless scholars and historians of all theistic and atheistic persuasions.
The Lost Book of Enki as narrated and commentated by Josh Reeves:
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-lost-book-of-enki-annunaki-and-the-origins-of-man-t94767.html

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 9:04 pm » by Electrobadgr

ZetaRediculous wrote:Nice one dude, for your first attempt it was pretty damn good..

You brought up very valid points on most sides of the argument. I myself never liked Brand UNTIL that interview. But my thoughts on his acting and comedy pales in my respect of his social-political stance. There is a need for a change in the system we currently reside within. Hopefully this debate will carry on longer than the usual few days of most news stories and something might come of it... Although I expect that the corporate media along with the BBC will try to sweep it under the carpet as quickly as possible, in their eyes this being nothing more than a small bump in the road towards the progress they so hungrily desire.

there is some interesting points you brought up that I will look into further. thanks for the viewpoint and the info :flop:

One, tiny critique on your vid (although I am sure it is first vblog nerves!!). Relax and breath, you seemed a little tense there for a moment. Not taking anything away from you, I wouldn't put myself out there in that way, and you have gained more respect in my eyes for doing that.

Kudos to you sir...

I look forward to you future vblogs...

:cheers:

:clapper:

:mrcool:

Thanks a lot dude, ye i was really nervous, i almost didnt upload it! :peep: i do hope to do more so hopefully the nerves will subside with time. :flop:
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Initiate

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 9:26 pm » by pushtone

i dont know this crew - so i take a look around and find this actor guy greeting a poisonous witch with all smiles.... and giving her the friends knuckle touch - enough for me :wink:

- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 10:39 pm » by Phoenix rising

ZetaRediculous wrote:
Phoenix rising wrote:Great vlog man and you hit on some very good points, i to have noticed the attacks of Russell Brand, his womanising, drug past ect and its pretty dam sad too see people stoop to this level and completely ignore the valid points he bought across, most of these people attacking him are nothing more than hateful trolls.

New Deal for musicians was ended years ago, I went on one of the courses in Poole (Gateway to music), the guy who took the sequencing and programming course was a drummer who know sweet Fanny Adams about Cubase and audio processing, I ended up going back and advising on the following six courses after mine, about as far as my music career went, they paid well though, which goes someway to show why the program didn't have longevity (I got £600 for two days work and I wasn't even a lecturer)...

It was great fun and we as a group put together a CD of our combined tracks, we had to play on at least three of the other projects and it was good for going into musical styles that we might not venture into. Probably one of the most worthwhile things to come out of a Labour government. But I'm probably biased...

Shame they stopped it but then i have noticed how sterile the music industry has become, at least mainstream music that is, which incidentally i find proper shit, anyway as they say all good things come to an end :flop:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Next