BREAKING - Russian Troops Preparing for Georgian Assault?

Initiate

PostSun Apr 19, 2009 10:31 pm » by Herbert

It is important that the Russian military acknowledges its mobilization and forward deployment of troops and ships. At present, it is impossible to know precisely how many additional army units have been moved within striking distance of Georgian territory. However, the composition of the naval force that disembarked from Sevastopol is not secret, since the Ukrainian authorities must be informed. It seems to be larger than the force that was deployed against Georgia last August. Four large amphibious landing craft left Sevastopol last week, while in August 2008 only two were reportedly deployed to insert a regiment of marines into Abkhazia in the small port of Ochamchira, close to the border with Georgia (Vlast, August 18). The marines were later deployed in the invasion of Western Georgia.

Before the war in August, the Georgian navy was small, armed only with old ships and not ready for serious action. First Deputy Defense Minister Batu Kutelia (now Georgia's ambassador in Washington) told EDM last November that all seaworthy Georgian navy ships were moved at the start of the war from their main base in Poti, and relocated south to Batumi. The Russian navy announced it sunk a Georgian "missile ship" during a naval encounter after it attempted to attack the Black Sea flotilla (Interfax, August 10).

Kutelia says the Georgian Defense Ministry denies knowledge of such an encounter. Georgia did have two small guided missile ships: an old Soviet vessel "Tbilisi" and an even older French-build ship "Dioskuria." Both were left stranded in Poti and sunk in port by the occupying Russian army. Recently the wreckage of these ships has been auctioned off for ,000 for salvage as scrap metal to clear the Poti harbor (Interfax, April 3). In the view of the Georgian Ministry of Defense, the naval encounter reported by the Russian navy last August was either a propaganda ploy, or simply a delusion.

http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/content ... 0660.shtml

Hmm, getting ready for an Israeli attack on Iran, maybe?

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 19, 2009 11:12 pm » by Spock

I see Russia as getting ready to take back Georgia. They know that Obama will do absolutley nothing, other than verbally condemn the move. So there is nothing at stake - I say - go for it Russia, show your true colors by not respecting the will of the break-away majority during the crumble of Communism. You want your valuable ports and you don't give a shit about anything or anyone.

It would be no different in the United States if Texas decided to leave the union.

Again - it can easily happen, and I think it will - Obama will do NOTHING!

As far as Israel bombing Iran - going to happen. Iran should have never been allowed to progress as far as they have. Bush caved under scrutiny. Obama will blacklist Israel. And we will have the beginning of the Prophecy (from the Bible) about Israel coming true.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 12:01 am » by Lowsix

Russia will likely attack georgia if they even FART wrong..

We screwed the pooch allowing isreal to have nukes making Hypocrites of anyone that dares to comment on Iranian nuclear ambitions..power or military..

Isreal will absolutely atack, making a fool out of Obama, who will not formally agree to overflight but will refuse to shoot down isreali jets..but one can dream...but then again, both they AND the Iranians are gunnin to get their end time prophecies rollin..as well as the southern baptists..

Regarding Iran..little known fact...

Iran hasnt STARTED a single Offensive engagement in over two hundred years..or longer..

(i researchd it briefly and was unable to find a SINGLE iranian unilateral offensive action since the Pelponesian war) (open to corrections if you got facts)

The Iran/Iraq war began when Iraq invaded Iran on 22 September 1980 following a long history of border disputes and fears of Shia insurgency among Iraq's long suppressed Shia majority influenced by the Iranian Revolution (mostly known as the Islamic Revolution).

All that said..i believe they are a fanatically led nation NOW, but THAT is due largely in part to Isreali aggression and nuclear arsenal, our unflinching and blind support for them, and disproportionate military capacity compared to arab neighbors...along with the Palestinian evolved (and somewhat muddy) story line..and Hypocritical nuclear policies.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 12:21 am » by Clawspiracy

Iran should have never been allowed to progress as far as they have.

I don't believe it is any one nation's right to tell everyone else what is best for them. It breeds hatred and terrorism.
It's a Clawspiracy...

maleman

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 am » by maleman

Would anyone care to venture that these....

Russia / Georgia

Israel / Iran

Massive 'UFO' sightings / Blue Beam

'2012' movies / Fox News / DUMBS

Bird-Flu 'Truckers'

.... are 'events' which, while relevant, are whipped-up to keep the population de-focused from other, far more important issues... (insert important issue here)?

Just seems like it's "Deja-Vu all over again".... Continued "scare-tactics" to keep everybody spinning and off-balance.... I, for one am not buying it.

xoxoxo

Super Moderator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 1:34 am » by Spock

I guess I'm considered southern Baptist. Well, in this forum I'm sure I am, but I am non-denominational.

As far as the prophecy thing goes, what we look forward to is the fullfilment of Christs plan. What we don't look forward too is the cataclism that takes place that ushers in His return.

I don't want Iran to have nukes because I don't want prophecy to happen in my time - I have kids that I wish to have a normal life, and I want to have the opportunity that they change my diapers.

As a Christian - I do not, or anyone I know, crave a war in the middle east with Israel getting involved. If that happens, we just look at the pages and say, "well, damn, we knew it was coming". As far as hoping it happens - that is not a sane stance, and except for bizarre radical types (that hold snakes maybe) I don't know anyone that is looking forward to Armageddon, prepare for it, yes, but hope and welcome for it , that's counter productive for looking forward to a rich and exhilarating life. I want my back porch BBQs and coming in here and typing my diatribe - and my electricity, my little plot of dirt my house is on, etc... If Armageddon happens - I guess all this is gone.

Initiate

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 1:39 am » by Theshee

maleman wrote:Would anyone care to venture that these....

Russia / Georgia

Israel / Iran

Massive 'UFO' sightings / Blue Beam

'2012' movies / Fox News / DUMBS

Bird-Flu 'Truckers'

.... are 'events' which, while relevant, are whipped-up to keep the population de-focused from other, far more important issues... (insert important issue here)?

Just seems like it's "Deja-Vu all over again".... Continued "scare-tactics" to keep everybody spinning and off-balance.... I, for one am not buying it.

xoxoxo

I was 'thinking' along the same lines maleman :flop:

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 1:53 am » by Clawspiracy

I want my back porch BBQs and coming in here and typing my diatribe

I guess we are not so different after all. I am not vegan... That's for sure.
It's a Clawspiracy...

Writer

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 11:04 pm » by Darkspark

spock wrote:I see Russia as getting ready to take back Georgia. They know that Obama will do absolutley nothing, other than verbally condemn the move. So there is nothing at stake - I say - go for it Russia, show your true colors by not respecting the will of the break-away majority during the crumble of Communism. You want your valuable ports and you don't give a shit about anything or anyone.

It would be no different in the United States if Texas decided to leave the union.

Again - it can easily happen, and I think it will - Obama will do NOTHING!

As far as Israel bombing Iran - going to happen. Iran should have never been allowed to progress as far as they have. Bush caved under scrutiny. Obama will blacklist Israel. And we will have the beginning of the Prophecy (from the Bible) about Israel coming true.

All this doom and gloom is turning me on! haha just kidding. Obama does seem like the kind of character to not do anything but condemn. I think Texas should be free to break away if it the majority in it wanted to. Georgia should remain free as long as it wants to, but in the face of Russian military might it would be hard to do. I wonder what Russias Casus Belli would be for invading...
You are the spirit, your ego is the test!

Master Conspirator

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 11:20 pm » by Lowsix

Nobody in texas wants to secede..that was the brilliant tactic of a man runnning for governor..pre-campaigning on good ole fashioned texas pride.

73% say no f'in way...and the other 27% probably couldnt read the poll question...
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Next