Do be aware that this is one of the deepest measured surface low pressures in about 70 years. I'll stay tuned for updated warnings for TO Canada east and south into Western NY, and Northwestern PA, will post for anything significant. Do take care.
Opinionated turds. Thats what its about
shaggietrip wrote:I am in central wisconsin. Heavy winds up to 52mph bursts. The pressure was 28.82 this morning. Chicago cancelled 125 flights. My daughter is suppose to fly home from boston tonight. But wind warnings are up till 7pm tomorrow night.
You maybe in for some snow to go with that wind here real soon!
Too many damage reports to list, but here is how this storm ranks for Chicago. Interesting to note that it is forecasted to get stronger this afternoon:
RANK EVENT DATE MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE
1. Great Ohio Blizzard Jan 26, 1978 950 HPA / 28.05 inches
2. Current event Oct 26-27, 2010 962 HPA / 28.41 inches *
3. Armistice Day Storm Nov 11, 1940 967 HPA / 28.55 inches
Anniversary Storm Nov 10, 1998 967 HPA / 28.55 inches
4. Cyclone of 1913 Nov 7-9, 1913 968 HPA / 28.60 inches
5. Edmund Fitzgerald Storm Nov 10, 1975 980 HPA / 28.95 inches
* CURRENT LOWEST MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE
- Related topics
- Last post