Britain faces coldest winter for 100 years

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 am » by One-23

Not good, Not good at all :scary:

MINUS 20C? Britain faces coldest winter for 100 years as Big Freeze follows floods with wind so strong it blows water upwards

Temperatures to plummet to minus 3°C this week and could fall as low as 20°C in December
Fears that snow blizzards could close roads and shut down rail networks as winter takes hold
But torrential rain which has deluged country and swamped St Asaph in North Wales will finally ease

Tonight’s cold snap heralds a freezing winter ahead with long-range forecasters warning that temperatures could fall to as low as minus 20°c (4°f) in some areas through December and January.

Local authorities say they are prepared for a harsh winter and have taken steps to avoid a repeat of two years ago, when a lack of gritters and snowploughs caused roads and transport networks to grind to a halt.

The Local Government Association, which represents councils in England and Wales, said councils had stockpiled 1.3million tons of road salt and had ‘hundreds’ of gritters on standby.

‘Keeping the country moving is a community effort,’ said Peter Box, chairman of the LGA’s economy and transport board.

‘Councils will be treating as many roads as they can and have also installed and filled thousands of extra grit bins for people living in side streets, villages and housing estates.

‘They’ve given equipment to parish councils, community groups and snow wardens who have volunteered to grit hard-to-reach areas, and farmers will be helping out on country lanes.

‘Highways, street-cleaning and park staff could also be drafted in to help clear snow and ice around places like shops, schools and sheltered accommodation.’

He said councils would be using social media, including Twitter feeds and Facebook pages, to keep people up to date about how weather is affecting their area.

Source http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... paign=1490

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Initiate

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 11:36 am » by Bert666

its cold this morning and the car frozen up lol

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 am » by Slith

Last year we had 2 days in a row @ -50C. I feel bad for the folks using public transportation when the cold weather hits

I'm in desperate need of a 6 month vacation... twice a year.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 12:50 pm » by Tjahzi

they said the same thing last year & the year before that?

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 1:34 pm » by Toxic32

I look at it this way. We can't forecast the weather correctly over the next few day's so there's no chance we could get it right for the next one hundred year's. At the beginning of this year we here told that there was a water shortage due to the lack of the right type of rainfall and that it would take two years of heavy rain fall to replenish the reserves and underground water table. In fact there was a wide spread hosepipe ban throughout the country. Guess what it's never stopped fucking raining since. Country wide floods all over place every where is full and over flowing. the underground water table is so full it and can't soak up any more rain. No mention from the weather men about there forecast (little to no rain over the next six months)
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 2:27 pm » by Cwmman

good for the garden though and it might kill of some of the mossies
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.

Initiate

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 pm » by Skydog

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 4:11 pm » by Toxic32

What the fuck is that for?? Is it some sort of male vibrator?
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Initiate

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 4:38 pm » by Scouser012

Tjahzi wrote:they said the same thing last year & the year before that?

To be fair the year before last was fucking cold! There was a time that winter when the entire UK was covered in snow.

Initiate

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 4:40 pm » by Scouser012

Toxic32 wrote:What the fuck is that for?? Is it some sort of male vibrator?

Was just thinking the same, i wonder what he was searching for in Google to stumble upon that! :headscratch:

Next