British Want Their Guns Back

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 2:13 pm » by monica44

Several of my friends LEGALLY own shotguns, they are kept at home under lock and key LEGALLY, all it took to be able to carry one was a backround check by police and filling out of forms. The only stipulation i see is that you have to be registered living in UK and without serious criminal convictions, even if you do not reach that criteria it is still possible to own a shotgun on someone else's license, it just needs to be stored with the license holder.
I guess it is pretty much similar with hand guns, although i gather they still have to be kept at the club you are affiliated to.
As for criminals using guns, i did watch a documentary about criminals obtaining "replica" guns and quite easily transforming them into actual working models, i would also point out lat week a man holding up a local shop with a replica [he died before police could get to him] a replica can cause as much fear as the real thing, because the average person does not know the difference between real or fake when staring down the barrel of one during a stick up. The laws are not going to be changed here, we as a whole do not want the laws to be relaxed, much like the rest of Europe. We refuse to live in fear, guns are for people who got no balls.
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey, we are spiritual beings on a human journey; Stephen Covey.

Initiate

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 4:16 pm » by Scouser012

We want our guns back?

We never had a gun culture, and guns have never been taken away, you can still get a gun in England if you pass all the tests, mentioned this loads of times on these forums.

And a few youtube videos does not represent the whole countrys thoughts on guns. Most UK people are happy that it's hard to get hold of a gun here, especially after the events that have happened in America over the past few months.

Initiate

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 4:19 pm » by Scouser012

monica44 wrote:Several of my friends LEGALLY own shotguns, they are kept at home under lock and key LEGALLY, all it took to be able to carry one was a backround check by police and filling out of forms. The only stipulation i see is that you have to be registered living in UK and without serious criminal convictions, even if you do not reach that criteria it is still possible to own a shotgun on someone else's license, it just needs to be stored with the license holder.
I guess it is pretty much similar with hand guns, although i gather they still have to be kept at the club you are affiliated to.
As for criminals using guns, i did watch a documentary about criminals obtaining "replica" guns and quite easily transforming them into actual working models, i would also point out lat week a man holding up a local shop with a replica [he died before police could get to him] a replica can cause as much fear as the real thing, because the average person does not know the difference between real or fake when staring down the barrel of one during a stick up. The laws are not going to be changed here, we as a whole do not want the laws to be relaxed, much like the rest of Europe. We refuse to live in fear, guns are for people who got no balls.

Also, just to add about criminals and guns in this country, not all criminals carry them, guns are still hard to come by with criminals. You read reports all the time when the police find a gun, and usually that gun is very old and has been used in different shootings in different places, criminals usually loan a gun of other criminals.

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 am » by Iwanci

I can confirm the same sentiments here in Australia.... MOST people (the vast majority) including those who have always owned guns are happy that we tightening the laws and that guns are more difficult to get a hold of, you can still own guns, there are just a few more steps, no different to attaining any other type of licence for a dangerous past time or job... so no big deal really.

But, I do understand the reluctance and distrust that comes with change... I truly do.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Previous