Bullied Canadian teen leaves behind chilling YouTube video

Super Moderator

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 10:39 pm » by -Marduk-

Actio et Reactio

Initiate

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 10:39 pm » by Arella

I know no one cares what i think but from reading all the posts here the only ones who probably have never bullied or were bullied themselves are will-spock and dom....the rest show some kind of guilt and i mean this with respect..guilts a strange emotion no. Hmm my turn to get bullied me thinks. See you on the other side. :ohno:

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 10:45 pm » by 99socks

I think some people here can't distinguish between the cause/origin of a sequence of events, and the first action of the sequence. This girl didn't flash herself for the hell of it or for attention- she did it because she was trying to gain the approval of her "friends," who encouraged her to do it, and they then took advantage of her for doing so. Sure, it was a stupid thing for her to do, but no one is looking at the cause of her needing approval for such a stupid act, or the fact that the betrayal and humiliation was coordinated and gang-like, and was never-ending. Simply, she was set up. And that is really evil.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 10:46 pm » by SUKHOV

Arella wrote:I know no one cares what i think but from reading all the posts here the only ones who probably have never bullied or were bullied themselves are will-spock and dom....the rest show some kind of guilt and i mean this with respect..guilts a strange emotion no. Hmm my turn to get bullied me thinks. See you on the other side. :ohno:

I never bullied. I've been bullied though. I understand....

I stood up for a kid once,

He was walking to a concert, and some punk came and starting making fun of him and belittling him to a point he was flustered with tears.

I simply walked over, Had a five minute conversation with the bully, and it ended with him in complete tears, and no violence.

I broke him down, and He apologized.

You don't pent it up, you ask for help

Have a little bit more humility, and it would have gone far for her.

Still very sad.

Approval of friends is pretty synonymous with attention in this case, imho.
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.

Super Moderator

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 11:34 pm » by Spock

99socks wrote:I think some people here can't distinguish between the cause/origin of a sequence of events, and the first action of the sequence. This girl didn't flash herself for the hell of it or for attention- she did it because she was trying to gain the approval of her "friends," who encouraged her to do it, and they then took advantage of her for doing so. Sure, it was a stupid thing for her to do, but no one is looking at the cause of her needing approval for such a stupid act, or the fact that the betrayal and humiliation was coordinated and gang-like, and was never-ending. Simply, she was set up. And that is really evil.

I think everyone fully understands that. Nobody has been immune to peer pressure. There's plenty of wrong to be passed around. Everyone's point is valid in this thread, even though Archanistic's is overboard. Nobody is saying the girl is totally at fault. It's a sick, sad thing.

But, like our parents would say, if someone asked you to jump off a bridge, would you do it? It's a simple question to something that holds a lot of weight in many circumstances. If your friends asked you to break into a store at night, would you do it?

This is

She is not guiltless. They are not guiltless. This point shouldn't even need to be stated. Will didn't say anything wrong. It appeared that because he dare utter something true, all sorts of bullshit was projected onto his intent.

Will, you did the right thing talking to your kids about it.

Initiate

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 11:58 pm » by Middleman

The teen then got a message on Facebook from a stranger who said she needed to show more of herself or he would publish the topless pictures he had taken of her.

"He knew my address, school, relatives, friends, family, names ..."

Go spend some time on /b, and you'll witness precisely the same acts of manipulation and bastardry.

They don't need to be your "friends" to betray you, and in many cases, we're talking about a fight between many smart, amoral dudes vs 1 dumb teenage girl.

Every day, you'll see almost unbelievable, Sherlock Holmes type deduction to track specific people down. Some are adults who thoroughly deserve it for antagonizing the wrong people (anon), but most are teenage girls who simply made the mistake of sending a boy a pic of their titties.

They just need the tiniest bit of information about a vulnerable young person, and they use that against them to track them down, then blackmail them into doing worse and worse things. It literally happens on /b many times per day, every day of the year.

Writer

PostSat Oct 13, 2012 12:10 am » by Webhead

your forgetting 1 fact some people cant defend themselves no matter what this means we as people or the law should protect to protect those people from themselves.

that's what laws are for ,if you bully your wife there's a law to stick you in jail for good reason.

there also should be better laws against bullying , peer pressure is an excuse to be an ass wipe.

and there are also scum so bad that you couldn't defend yourself against , that's what laws are for get my drift.

bullying is evil there is no excuse, it must be taught in schools if you bully in any shape or form your outed as being an asshole not over looking the problem and putting it down as peer pressure.

as it carrys on in life how many little bully's are now your bosses , lets face it there aint too many bosses you like.

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 13, 2012 12:19 am » by 99socks

Webhead wrote:
bullying is evil there is no excuse, it must be taught in schools if you bully in any shape or form your outed as being an asshole not over looking the problem and putting it down as peer pressure.

Yeah well, the schools make it worse. My kid has been bullied for the last 2 years; the first year he got acknowledgement from the teachers and the administration for being such a good kid and taking the high-road for not engaging the bully and for telling a teacher each time it happened; last year, the teacher told him he was full of shit since she never witnessed anything, and to stop wasting her time. So, after a few occasions of him breaking down and "threatening" the bullies, he finally drew a violent picture in class, and we ended up with the police department knocking on our door because of a report from the bully's parents. He is now forced to sit in a special ed class with this kid everyday, and repeatedly gets in trouble for refusing to cooperate when the teacher tells him to clean up the mess the bully pushes on his desk at the end of class every day. Also, he has also had his bike smashed up by this kid, but we can't even report it to the police now.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 13, 2012 12:23 am » by Mochon

ANARCHISTIC 1 wrote:
Spock wrote:Right. Her initial action was the cause of her downward spiral.

No Spock, the people who fooled her into flashing are the ORIGINAL culprits. Don't just go from her actions as the start. It started off with someone else egging her on to do what she did. She, unfortunately, was too young and naive to let them talk her into it. Would be good to find out if it was that M*****F****R that posted her pictures was the one who had her do it in the first place. If they have details of that on her account, then the cops might be able to finally track this sicko down!! Just a thought!! No malice to you Spock, just talkin' mate and tryin' to wrap my head around this!! Just sad!!

dude i agree with almost everything u say but this...

the people who tricked her were able to trick her due to her low self esteem.I agree the guy should be prosecuted as well as the 15 pack of wolves that came to beat her down at school.where r her parents meanwhile,i dont mean to blame them and i dont have kids but people should be aware what their kids do specially online,facebook isnt meant for people under 18,but they can easilly get rid of charges,one more thing,regarding low self esteem,and depression,there r lot of things that make me wonder why her parents didnt do something when se got into drugs and alcohol,u could say its a phase...so ok,but cutting herself?

at that stage the girl needs help,psychological help,love from her parents,a little talk about how little true friends one achieves to collect in a lifetime,and of course to be under observation to make sure she doenst harm herself,like i said im not a parent but teenagers have other points of view...and yeah they dont see the full picture like grown ups do,this reminds me of the thread of letting your kids build their own opinions....there has to be a guidance and some kind of help dealing with some ideas,nevermind religion and politics and all that crap,i talk about self love self respect and again self esteem being that far more important than what other may think of them.im sorry for her family and their loss,i cannot imagine what they r feeling,i cannot imagine what she felt,and how she got to the point of taking such decision....
:(

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 13, 2012 1:00 am » by *WillEase*

Spock wrote:
99socks wrote:I think some people here can't distinguish between the cause/origin of a sequence of events, and the first action of the sequence. This girl didn't flash herself for the hell of it or for attention- she did it because she was trying to gain the approval of her "friends," who encouraged her to do it, and they then took advantage of her for doing so. Sure, it was a stupid thing for her to do, but no one is looking at the cause of her needing approval for such a stupid act, or the fact that the betrayal and humiliation was coordinated and gang-like, and was never-ending. Simply, she was set up. And that is really evil.

I think everyone fully understands that. Nobody has been immune to peer pressure. There's plenty of wrong to be passed around. Everyone's point is valid in this thread, even though Archanistic's is overboard. Nobody is saying the girl is totally at fault. It's a sick, sad thing.

But, like our parents would say, if someone asked you to jump off a bridge, would you do it? It's a simple question to something that holds a lot of weight in many circumstances. If your friends asked you to break into a store at night, would you do it?

This is

She is not guiltless. They are not guiltless. This point shouldn't even need to be stated. Will didn't say anything wrong. It appeared that because he dare utter something true, all sorts of bullshit was projected onto his intent.

Will, you did the right thing talking to your kids about it.

PreviousNext