Burning religious books should be considered a HATE CRIME

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 09, 2010 1:04 am » by Flecktarn

its the schnapps i ran out of absinthe
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 09, 2010 5:18 am » by Thebluecanary

Hello, people, burning a book is not a hate crime. Burning a flag is not a hate crime. Honestly, the whole idea of "hate crime" makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Killing someone is a crime. Killing someone because they are black/white/muslim/purple is no more a crime then killing them because you wanted to take their wallet. Arson is a crime. Burning down a church because you don't like it is still arson. It is no more or less a crime than burning down a shopping mall because they closed the Banana Republic and now you can't get those jeans you like.

Seriously. Hate is not a crime. It's stupid, counter productive, lame, and poisons you inside, but it is NOT A CRIME. I think it's stupid to hate someone based on their religion, their race, their sexual orientation, whatever. I think that we are all the damn same, and only when we realize that will we ever stand any chance of doing something about this mess we've all made. However, no one has the right to legislate the emotions of anyone else. When we start doing that, it's a slippery slope to the world of Orwellian mind control. I think it's dumb to burn the Koran as some kind of statement on 9-ll. I think it will hurt people, cause division among people, and is ignorant. However, I stand firmly behind the right of those people to do so, just like I'd stand behind the right of some other idiot to burn a bible or a flag or a bra. Free expression is free expression. I don't have to like it. Lots of shit goes on in this country that I don't like. I don't have to participate. But when I start trying to use the weight of the law to crush things I don't agree with, how far away from fascism is that?

Labeling groups as "hate" groups and free speech as "hate" speech is a tool of the scumbag overlords to pretend to pacify some liberal agenda while in reality keeping everyone divided and sniping at one another's throats about semantics. It spreads division, it does not bridge it. Ask yourself this, honestly: why is it perfectly OK to have an all Black college, but not OK to have an all white college? In fact, I'm pretty sure if someone tried, someone else would go burn it down. Would that then be a hate crime? And while we were all arguing over the semantics of that and placing blame and losing our minds over all the hurts and injustices and misery of the past...the hurts and injustices and misery of today would still be going on. It goes both ways. Race/class/religious/sex discrimination is pure bullshit. And it's not going away by finger pointing or changing the names of things or making it illegal to call someone a racist name or burn a book. It will only go away when we stop playing their stupid game and MAKE it go away, by educating our children and treating everyone the way we want to be treated.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 09, 2010 10:09 am » by Iwanci

I will upfront in stating that I am no longer a very religious person and I didn’t have the time to read the entire thread, but here is my opinion anyway.

The decision of this man to burn 200 ‘holy’ books makes no difference to me. I do not get offended by such acts because I think things through ‘logically’. Would I engage in such an activity? No I would not, out of the respect I have for other people, believers or not. I would likewise not contemplate doing anything to deliberately offend anyone, regardless if it was religious or not.

Religion is not kept in a book. Religion is a state of mind, it is a belief. By burning a book he is not burning the religion he is showing his stupidity, end of story, full stop. Burn the book, burn 2000 of them, a true believer will always believe regardless of the contents of a book. If he burns 200 of them the solution is simple, just print another 200. The ‘book’ is a reference source, a guide only, it is not the religion itself, nor is it a key that unlocks any mystical doorway to god.

This man is entitled to burn a book if he owns it, it is only paper with ink. In condemning him we give credence to his cause. I think he is doing this to show the intolerance of the Muslim faith, and some Muslim’s are showing the world that he is correct (when in fact he is not). Now, if he was burning ‘your’ book, ie, your property, then I would agree he should be punished as anyone should, but if he owns them let him burn them, eat them, read them, its only paper.

Burning flags by Muslims? We have seen many Muslims burn American flags. Does this truly affect us? Sure it offends us, but does it change anything? Doesn’t affect me, it’s only cloth. The flag is a representation of a nation, in burning a flag the person shows his/her distaste for the country. The key word here being ‘his/her’, the person is not harming the nation, rather showing his/her hatred.

By burning the books, this man is showing his hatred of that religion. He is also showing how hypocritical he is, I am certain that his religion compels him to do the opposite to hate. So what does this tell us? It tells us that the man is ignorant, stupid, disrespectful, hypocritical, cannot be trusted to lead anyone through any religious teachings. It does nothing to the goodness of the religion that he dislikes.

By reacting the way some have shows other traits, shows that we as a race rely on material things to bind us to immaterial feelings and beliefs. Does ‘religion’ of any kind not tell the believer to believe without proof? Have blind faith? It is your deeds to one another that defines your closeness to your god, and is in-fact reflected in your religious indoctrination, not your deeds towards paper and ink. If we burnt ALL the books in the whole world would this change our belief system? Sure eventually it would likely water down teachings as we would have no source material, but to the ‘current’ believers would they stop believing? I hazard to guess that they would continue to believe if they are true believers, if they rely on a book, then they are not true believers. Now, if this man was setting fire to a mosque, I would argue a different side. However, what if he was to build a mosque and then set fire to it? His bricks and mortar, do as you will because the heart, the soul and the spirit of god (any god) is not confined in any materialistic man made substance or dwelling, it dwells within the true believer who needs not know how to read nor how to worship nor where to worship to be such. It again shows how disrespectful the man is, but it changes nothing to the religion.

I do feel the resentment of many people to this stupid man’s actions, I truly do feel that they are insulted by this person’s actions, rightly so, however his actions shows more about his own illogical state of mind, by reacting with violence I believe you simply give credence to his irrationality, you give his cause purpose and you show the weakness in the belief system that we personally adopt.

In another way, if you know that what this man is doing is harmful and likely to offend, why telecast it all over the world? Why give his cause legitimacy by publicizing it? If your answer is because the world has a right to know, then my answer is he has right to do it. Cut off the publicity that comes with these stupid stunts and you will find that the stunts will cease. If you shout in a desert and no one can hear you, you will be less inclined to keep shouting, unless you are insane, which this man may be.

My opinions only, I am no longer a religious person but I do believe in decency and the right to respect people’s feelings, I just don’t think that this story is an issue that should be wrapped up around religion, it is more about this man’s hatred than his physical action, the action is of zero consequence and should be treated as such, by hyper inflating the insult we magnify it’s stupidity, give credence to his cause, we create division by focusing on a non issue, and we potentially drive others to either mimic his actions or to go further either against him, against other people or against other religions. God dwells within us and cannot be confined to paper, ask if your god would condemn a man for burning paper?
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Writer

PostThu Sep 09, 2010 10:34 am » by Iceblue999

Shouldn't we recycle the books rather than waste the them??!!
Be careful, releasing all that Carbon into the atmosphere might melt all the ice at the poles, and all the fluffy white polar bears that apparently can't swim, will drown!!!!

Initiate

PostThu Sep 09, 2010 10:44 am » by Buckweedbertha

I sat and watched international news last night on Press TV and was horrorfied at the international condemnation of this act.

This is a somewhat eccentric little Preacher in some little town with a little church and a tiny gathering of approx 100 people in a massive country. How this story made it so big must be asked. It should have been given the credibility it deserved; none. Instead it makes international news and Muslims all over the world are demonstrating and chanting anti-Christian. It has played right into the hands of extremists out to conquer the world in the name of Allah.

On the other hand, not so many months ago, those same extremists planned to march down the main street in Wootton Bassett, a lovely little town that receives our lost heroes on their last journey home with warmth and dignity with placards demanding the death of Infidels and those fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. There were no global demonstration on behalf of the Christians. We suffered this with dignity knowing that not all Muslims are extremists and that this minority does not speak for all.

My point is that there is clearly some agenda here for stirring up religous hatred, a hatred, that but for our respective Govts and their evil propaganda-filled press, would disappear left to 'the people'. I fear that this will be used for some kind of false flag attack, further blaming Al Qaeda or Iran to justify new war to generate more money.

We are entering very interesting times indeed; maybe time to get a tin hat for what good it will do.

Initiate

PostThu Sep 09, 2010 1:14 pm » by Blaborde1488

REMEMBER "FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND EXPRESSION"
If they can burn the American Flag, we can wipe our asses with the koran and it would be the same thing.

Initiate

PostThu Sep 09, 2010 1:29 pm » by Rahkriga

Luke 6:31 Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

Why the fuck do the Quaran burners forget this bible verse???? Christians dont even follow their own book. They always make justifications as to why the rules dont apply to them. The christians have just as much hate as the muslims.

Initiate

PostThu Sep 09, 2010 3:02 pm » by Buckweedbertha

[quote=" The christians have just as much hate as the muslims.[/quote]

Very true and we are all, Christians and Muslims alike, the victims in this evil propaganda gamed played by PTB with their own agenda.
I truly believe we can all live quite happily but for all this propaganda being pushed into our faces every day by the media. We are being deliberately focused onto this...

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 09, 2010 11:00 pm » by Mochon

Regardless of what u say blue,it is a hate crime purposed to spawn more hate....call it what u want it is a not a crime it is a kick in the fucking balls....they should burn the priest along with the books .... and btw if u kill someone its a crime,but if u shatter their spirit and prove em u hate em its even worse, u r just like them or even worse....how dare u say it is not a hate crime r u high on something? u burn their book and spit on their belifes , it is a hate crime unless all religious books of all cuñltures are burned....then its not a hate crime its evolution.....its waking up....u wanna get real,stop thinking of what it may be and get it done...stop fighting for imaginary characters....we r all people ,and we all deserve the same.im gonna be so happy when they start burning down churches in response and the we got the new crusades....for somehting this small(wich isnt small at all) cause a priest belives in hating instead of preaching the things that ruled his life....wasnt religion and jesus about love and peace and prosperity of man? u really belive jesus wastn mis interpretated? }think about it....

Initiate

PostThu Sep 09, 2010 11:32 pm » by Taintedsample

Well its been called off.. you can all put it back in your pants now lol.... :dancing:

PreviousNext