cambridge is developing mind reading computer/

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 24, 2010 12:20 pm » by Mediasorcerer

oh yeh,well we knew this was coming,and rest afukin assured it will not be used for the betterment of humanity,when has new tech ever been used just for our benefit,without also being used to spy on us or whatever,the last thing we need is a frigging computer reading our minds or the like,shitheads,they dont have foresight,its all there egos,oooooh,look wat i thought of,im so clever, guaranfukinteed this will end up in a camera near you,and you will be charged with pre crime ,or some chit like that. http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/23/camb ... -with-the/
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Initiate

PostFri Dec 24, 2010 12:27 pm » by Stratosfear

And how is a computer going to be able to determine what a person is thinking just from facial expressions and so on - hell, humans with a far more sophisticated and faster computer (the brain) have enough trouble.

So I'm striding down the high street with a face of thunder - am I on my way to kill someone in a fit of revenge or am I merely pissed off with the jostling and mass idiocy of the crowds in town?

It's a shit idea that cannot work beyond telling people the obvious they could see anyway.
Image "In the wardrobe of my soul ... in the section labelled 'Shirts'"