can someone explain this mars pic

Initiate

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 9:40 pm » by Soliti

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/ ... B118R1.jpg

sorry image to big........

I am seeing alot here with right angle slabs also what looks like to be a plank of wood to a shiney object in the distance :headscratch: :headscratch:

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 9:55 pm » by Kerrblur2

lol that is definently a wooden plank!!!

I think the dying nasa program is going to release more credible images to re ignite its past flame. imagine the funding to the program again if it finally released images and knowledge of artifacts on mars like we see on earth? or something even better!!

they have to do something cause there not very popular now
Last edited by Kerrblur2 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-smokey-god-audio-book-t86832.html
The autobiography of olaf Jenson and his journey to the inner earth.

Writer

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 10:05 pm » by xSZx

the 'log' looks like a rock to me even though its size and structure do seem out of place.
However that shiny thing in the background is very perplexing.

Initiate

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 10:28 pm » by Soliti

I think the dying nasa program is going to release more credible images to re ignite its past flame. imagine the funding to the program again if it finally released images and knowledge of artifacts on mars like we see on earth? or something even better!!

they have to do something cause there not very popular now

Its like a women who teases bit by bit they show a bit of skin.... and then one day bang here you go..... Now give me more money....Hopefully will see this so called hd ress shots one day..

ArchDoomBringer wrote:the 'log' looks like a rock to me even though its size and structure do seem out of place.
However that shiny thing in the background is very perplexing.

I agree.... I am thinking petrified wood... the shiny thingy is bugging me, very wierd....My photoshop wont focus deep enough....

Initiate

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 10:43 pm » by Pitchke

Initiate

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 11:00 pm » by Chris6912

looks like a railway sleeper to me just need to find the train???? :banana:

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 11:02 pm » by Phoenix rising

2012 and they are still giving us monochrome pics :headscratch: :bang;

Also to note there seems to be a number of 45 degree angles to the surface rocks, maybe natural who knows...
Last edited by Phoenix rising on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 11:02 pm » by The57ironman

........a left over from a Disney wild west ''shoot''.... :mrcool:

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 11:12 pm » by jagsrule522

Looks like a big ocean in the background. Maybe driftwood??? And a little alien dude on a jet ski sayin :hiho: haha!

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 11:13 pm » by *WillEase*

For those of you who remain convinced that NASA is covering up some sort of “major” finding here, just remember a few things:

1. This image was released back in May of 2004, just a couple of days after it was taken by Opportunity. MER Principal Investigator Steve Squyres made the decision before the mission started to release all the images taken by the rovers and make them freely available to anyone. If NASA was hiding something, they wouldn’t have posted this image, as well as all the other images of the area that are available. Please, go look at them all if you have any doubt.
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/images.html

2. The best planetary geologists on Earth have looked at this image, and have all concluded this is just a rock. It’s an interesting rock, but a rock nonetheless. Think again if you believe some internet sleuths out there have a better understanding of this object than highly trained and experienced planetary scientists.

3. If this object really was a piece of wood, NASA and all the scientists on the MER mission would probably be shouting from the rooftops. As Jim Bell said, it would be incredible and spectacular, and don’t think for a minute these scientists wouldn’t be jumping for joy if they found something as amazing as log on Mars.

And in case you’re wondering about the other interesting feature in the image, the shiny object in the background is Opportunity’s heat shield.

Next