Initiate

PostThu Feb 03, 2011 8:02 am » by Wakemeup

It happened to me once when I was in a car accident......pretty freaky :shock:
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/20 ... sight.html

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 03, 2011 8:11 am » by Otomon

oic Michu Kaku... NO THANKS!
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 03, 2011 8:15 am » by Iwanci

Time is a variable, no doubt about it in my mind. Whilst we learn of the standard measurement of time (clock etc) the speed of time is all a matter of perception. Our brains are programmed to speed up or slow down time capture, in the event of an accident time does in fact seem to slow down, it has happened to me on numerous occasions. Why? Perhaps the ‘slowing’ down of time in our minds is a defensive and offensive survival mechanism.

If we are able to witness threatening events in slow motion we effectively speed up our response rate, ie, if things go slowly and our actions travel at a normal speed it stands to follow that our actions will be faster than the events, anyone watching may look at this and see miracles, perhaps a person running faster or reacting faster etc.

Slowing down of time also has another important function, it allows our brains to capture the moment with amazing detail, our brain then tells us or shows us what we could do to prevent a repeat, or to show us and give us better detail from which to treat the injury.

My opinion, yes time can slow down or speed up, however it does this on a personal/individual basis.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 03, 2011 8:28 am » by Will69ease

Time as you know it has been defined by someone else.
You know the answer to this question before asking it...why?
Planning on zipping across the universe any time real soon?

Initiate

PostThu Feb 03, 2011 9:58 am » by Frankenstein

Whilst this is not the topic, and indeed I understand the apparent slowing down of time due to brain chemicals is very real, this video shows how some scientists make leaps of logic that are just not based in the evidence presented.

Brain chemicals speeding up "apparent time" as in the rats does not explain how "real time" is slowed down by allowing someone to see something that is normally too fast. If there was a direct comparison, then giving people cocaine would allow them to read the device.

Scientists are not immune to flawed logic and the general population has flawed logic in extreme abundance.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 03, 2011 10:30 am » by Smokeydog

time can slow down by a black hole yes the time slowing u experienced in an accident is not time slowing down per say but actually your brain speeding up it takes every bit of info it can in which gives the illusion of time slowing down when in actual fact your still moving at the same speed just processing alot more of the information that probably doesnt explain it very well but there is research and stuff on it that will be able to explain it better for you ill try find it later
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeydogsmokey

When people are sat on something you want you make them an enemy

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 03, 2011 12:22 pm » by Svaha

We invented time, so we can change it at will, in fact we do it all the 'time', but not as extreme as in our 'last' moments.
This can also be achieved by meditation or for instance martial arts, it's a change in perception.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Initiate

PostThu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 pm » by Wakemeup

Great answers Dtvers. Everyone had a different response to make the picture clearer and even Otto cause I missed disinfo Michio Kaku at the beginning. I didn't think the lab rat test was really of any value. If I could spit money out this matrix you would all win a prize. :clapper:

So in a nutshell it's all about perception. How we perceive it to be so time never changes. But it can feel like it does depending on the intensity of the situation. To be honest if I had a choice to live with or without time. I would choose to live in a world without time and I believe there will be a day when that time does comes true. Nowadays people find there is never enough time in a day. Working longer hours and less family time etc. And the mom needing to work not like in the past to keep up as well. Too fast paced.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

[youtube]5OFThORmR-s&feature[/youtube]

Master Conspirator

PostThu Feb 03, 2011 5:32 pm » by Boondox681

it's simple and may sound trite,but there is no 'time'
everything that has ever happened,is happening or will happen,
is taking place right NOW.

oh,yea..fuck mihcau kaku..BABABOOWIE,BABABOOWIE :D
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 04, 2011 9:25 am » by Iwanci

true dat!

Time is purely an earth based measure, we know that 24hr clocks are only relevant here, as to the 365 days per year and so forth.

On that note, I also ubscribe to the philosophy that...

'You are only as old as the women you feel...'..

hehehe :flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Next