PostFri Nov 05, 2010 4:31 am » by Harbin

Troll2rocks,

You've developed a good sense of humor.

:lol:

great intermission swirl
Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostFri Nov 05, 2010 4:56 am » by Sentientseed

For me...religion and their codices is a tool for various purposes such as rough history, hidden meanings/sciences/ etc, moral codes of conduct, allegory, a "rule and guide", and others.

I don't take them to the extreme literal definitiveness that many might who may specifically follow a particular path.

For example...on moral conduct...when reading the story of Lot in the Bible...I find Lot to not be a righteous man as he is proclaimed to be. I look at that story from a moral standpoint as a way not to behave. I find Lot quite a detestable beast of a man toward women...as I find a lot of men to be in the old and new testament. I believe all these sorta texts have multi-layered meaning.

As far as my belief...I believe in a ultimate creator of all. I also have absolutely no proof to back up that belief. I do not claim to know the mind of such a being as do the writers of the bible and other works do. I find such things a bit pompous and arrogant.

I do not believe I need to be "saved" by nor cowtow to anyone...nor do I believe that is the purpose of things.

I also know I find many of these text inappropriate for young children and would never allow my child to read the bible until she was of age that she could comprehend and understand such things. I would rather my child watch Harry Potter than to watch a literal reenactment of various parts of the bible or other religious texts.

I enjoy comparative religion, mythology, and history and enjoy reading/hearing others interpretation of such. I also believe that such discussions have a place in the field that this site attaches itself to as I believe it is all extremely intertwined. Unfortunately discussion of such topics can lead to an all out pissin' contest where no one has a piss boy with a bucket and everyone gets drenched...including innocent bystanders. So I very well understand why this is an iffy topic that some would rather not be discussed :flop:
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Writer

PostFri Nov 05, 2010 5:12 am » by 2edgeswordjesus

aragajag wrote:
2edgeswordjesus wrote:Funny thing this site promotes truth revealed but gods not allowed! Well Here
in the good "O" USA and our bill of rights we recognize we have our rights
given to us by who? ( our creator GOD Almighty) not by superduper moderator
And religion is a freedom so my god can reign non stop 24/7 ,365 days a year
BELIEVE IT!

This is not the USA it is the internet. Where did god turn up with the bill of rights for the good old USA? Also you signed an agreement when you came here before you could post, so your agreement/word means nothing than basically a lie on electronic media to push a belief system where when you signed up it clearly states about religious agendas.
I really think there are alot of members who think their agreement was not for use in the forum. Or the mods shouldnt mod anything at all about trying to keep the forum running close to the agreement made by all who post. So many carry on as if everything here gets stifled to the max when it is very much an open forum and the agreement is not strictly enforced.

thanks subzero ( but any belief is religious and there are a lot here

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 05, 2010 6:06 am » by Constabul

sockpuppet wrote:
boondox681 wrote:Image
:flop:

LOL

Indeed

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 05, 2010 8:44 am » by Nilm33

I was mauled for implying aliens are demons, and since the word "demons" carry a religious undertone, everyone jumped me for not having proof of this claim. If we had proof for any of this shit, there wouldnt be a conspiracy forum lol. And "belief" would turn into facts. But like the mod said, dont preach or attack, that makes sense.

So yeah, Im just gonna read threads from now on... lol

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 05, 2010 10:18 am » by Redwoodrick

Interesting stuff.And I would like to make something clear.I do not think (correct me if Im wrong) that the mods will censor something just because it mentions God.That would be ridiculous.But I do agree that a line needs to be drawn that will keep forum discourse from becoming the dumping grounds for religious dogma.But in the Spirituality forum I think it should be tolerated.First of all it gives the religious nuts somewhere to air their views.Secondly,as I said before,it is a bit contradictory to have a category for spirituality and ban God.That should be fairly obvious.
No one wants God or Buddha or Allah or Maitreya shoved down their throat.And there is definitely a difference between stating one's beliefs and laying down a dogmatic religious rant.But to disallow references to God or even a thread (in the spirituality category) about God is not only wrong (imo) but also kind of self defeating if the aim of this website truly is geared towards disclosure.Many "ET" events in our recorded history (imo) are attributed to God and how can we discuss them without mentioning deity?
I think that it is important to be able to distinguish between a discussion involving God and a religious rant.But if we can not reference God then we are going to be missing a big part of the story.The line between God,gods,and ufos thins to the point of non existence in my opinion and to "not go there" is ridiculously prejudiced.I think a much more comprehensive plan would be to limit strictly God slanted material to the Spirituality category.Or delete the category.You can not have a spiritual category that prohibits God based discussion.That should be obvious.
I think the line that separates honest calm discussion from preaching is thin.But it can be discerned and this should be a mods objective.To discern when something has devolved from discussion to preaching.Hard job.Someone is always gonna get their feelings hurt.
I recommend limiting all God based threads (includes maitreya) be confined to the spirituality category.Problem solved right?Cause you cant (imo) separate the two when humans have been calling anything they dont understand "god" for centuries,including ufos.
I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man- Thomas Jefferson

To be honest I'm not even sure what "alien" means. Alien to what? The universe is teeming with life.

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 05, 2010 10:48 pm » by Harbin

You don't know shiite redwood.
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 05, 2010 10:54 pm » by Funnyman46

2edgeswordjesus wrote:Funny thing this site promotes truth revealed but gods not allowed! Well Here
in the good "O" USA and our bill of rights we recognize we have our rights
given to us by who? ( our creator GOD Almighty) not by superduper moderator
And religion is a freedom so my god can reign non stop 24/7 ,365 days a year
BELIEVE IT!

And you have every right to believe that but, I say (as with lots of people here) we are looking for the TRURT and that requires evidence and not simply "I say so" or "A book says" or "My daddy told me long time ago"
As you can see from these forums, even the subject of Reptiles and UFO's still need the vindication of proof before anyone will except another attempt at deception.
But hey, have fun and enjoy the ride.
Oh, and WELCOME :clapper: :owned: :hiho:
Please do not take anything I say as truth, I am under control of a lizard race hell bent on staying underground and unseen to further my paranoia.

PreviousNext