Can We Talk About Religion or God?

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 1:18 am » by Slith

I don't happen to believe, but I am a firm believer in people who live their lives around religion and such. If it works for them, and builds family structure and focus, then all the power to them. I can't help but respect that. Always have. Not my belief system and I never try to talk them out of it by saying they are wrong.
Sure we can talk about religion and belief, or lack there of. Just don't force your issues on others and get upset when others don't necessarily agree with your views. Civility works. Sometimes even in taxi cabs

Canubis wrote:
chat is dead when i DIE!!!!!!!! and IT MABE HAPPE!N>>?? i might live for infinite discussion....fukn fooled upon buy dick fagit? booN

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 1:35 am » by TheDuck

Haven't read this thread but speak from your heart, be true to yourself and it will shine through, this is one of the most lenient forums to do with these subjects that there is, lets keep it that way.

Love you all, keep up the good work :peace:
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 1:43 am » by Ghost32

Not that I care to much but I just thought I would say....

Hey I want to be able to pick and choose what the other users can read or watch , I want to pick and choose who gets deleted. (that doesnt sound very fair does it)

Its because censorship is never nice and usually it causes more trouble than the problem we are supposedly being protected from...

And its not cool to hide behind rules like agenda this or agenda that, because at the root of every religion is an agenda and you will have to ban all religious posts here at DTV if you try and enforce this!

Also when a moderator admits that they are agnostic or atheist and then they start locking or deleting religious threads , doesnt this seem like an agenda also.

For someone who does not claim to understand or believe in religion doesnt it seem biased that that person gets to pick and choose what religious post we can access?

And how can one prove the agenda to the point that it should be censored?

This is disclose.tv and if there were hidden religious agendas to steal your souls or whatever, that person who was worried so much about it should have exposed it and disclosed the truth about the religious agenda instead of hiding it and drawing so much attention to themselves.

Also I dont want and agnostic or an atheist deciding what type of religion I can read or watch or post here nor does anyone else, we are perfectly capable of deciding on our own what is appropriate.

And trust me, people believe what they believe and deleting a thread wont make it go away, you cant take peoples thoughts away like that.

And where does it end? Whos next? The Christians or The Satanists? Are we gonna start burning books that might have an agenda to educate? Or any type of writings that have an agenda to them, it seems when you write your friends a letter you have an agenda or motive to do it for one reason or another.

What religions are not considered agenda driven?

This hidden agenda claim is not fair for the fact that anyone at anytime could claim hidden agenda on any thread they didnt like or approve of , then would that thread be locked or deleted unfairly?

Just some food for thought.....

In 1984 Winstons job was to lie to the people and change and erase reports in the news to hide the truth from the people!

:ghost: 32

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 1:56 am » by Slith

For someone who does not claim to understand or believe in religion doesnt it seem biased that that person gets to pick and choose what religious post we can access?

If this was directed at me, I read the bible multiple times by the time I was 15. I have read the Torah, the Koran, the Vedas, the I-Ching, the Kolbrin bible and multiple other faith inspired books. I have studied for years. So I am not ignorant to what is being said. And fully respect how others feel about their beliefs.

I am also 100% behind the mods who delete threads based on personal religious agendas. I don't believe in anything force fed. Religious or otherwise

Canubis wrote:
chat is dead when i DIE!!!!!!!! and IT MABE HAPPE!N>>?? i might live for infinite discussion....fukn fooled upon buy dick fagit? booN

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 2:11 am » by Tinman4higher

dlslith wrote:For someone who does not claim to understand or believe in religion doesnt it seem biased that that person gets to pick and choose what religious post we can access?

If this was directed at me, I read the bible multiple times by the time I was 15. I have read the Torah, the Koran, the Vedas, the I-Ching, the Kolbrin bible and multiple other faith inspired books. I have studied for years. So I am not ignorant to what is being said. And fully respect how others feel about their beliefs.

I am also 100% behind the mods who delete threads based on personal religious agendas. I don't believe in anything force fed. Religious or otherwise

That's not what your girlfriend says. :twisted:
I was going to say that I had no idea that you were so well read, but then...I remembered.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization...GC

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 2:14 am » by Slith

Nice tinman. lol!

Canubis wrote:

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 2:32 am » by Aragajag

ghost32 wrote:Not that I care to much but I just thought I would say....

Hey I want to be able to pick and choose what the other users can read or watch , I want to pick and choose who gets deleted. (that doesnt sound very fair does it)

Its because censorship is never nice and usually it causes more trouble than the problem we are supposedly being protected from...

And its not cool to hide behind rules like agenda this or agenda that, because at the root of every religion is an agenda and you will have to ban all religious posts here at DTV if you try and enforce this!

Also when a moderator admits that they are agnostic or atheist and then they start locking or deleting religious threads , doesnt this seem like an agenda also.

This is disclose.tv and if there were hidden religious agendas to steal your souls or whatever, that person who was worried so much about it should have exposed it and disclosed the truth about the religious agenda instead of hiding it and drawing so much attention to themselves.

Also I dont want and agnostic or an atheist deciding what type of religion I can read or watch or post here nor does anyone else, we are perfectly capable of deciding on our own what is appropriate.

And trust me, people believe what they believe and deleting a thread wont make it go away, you cant take peoples thoughts away like that.

And where does it end? Whos next? The Christians or The Satanists? Are we gonna start burning books that might have an agenda to educate? Or any type of writings that have an agenda to them, it seems when you write your friends a letter you have an agenda or motive to do it for one reason or another.

This hidden agenda claim is not fair for the fact that anyone at anytime could claim hidden agenda on any thread they didnt like or approve of , then would that thread be locked or deleted unfairly?

In 1984 Winstons job was to lie to the people and change and erase reports in the news to hide the truth from the people!

From my position, I was raised in a religious family and went on to my own path of religion, since then I have found a path of being agnostic for want of a better word because I dont really know nor have I had a chat with god that I can remember but i do think I had some convo with a being when I was dead for ten minutes but my memory is fuzzy on that.
The reasons why I started locking was because of late there have been many people who are using the forum as a platform for their religous beliefs, it then turns into a slanging match. Yes I bring up the agreement made when we all signed on as members to be able to post, it is there for a reason and as much as people may not like it as mods we do have the discretion of what goes and what stays again I refer you to the agreement people made. I am a human with my emotions and all that goes with it same with the other mods, mistake will be made people will be pissed off with decisions and thats the way it is.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 2:52 am » by Slith

aragajag wrote:
ghost32 wrote:Not that I care to much but I just thought I would say....

From my position, I was raised in a religious family and went on to my own path of religion, since then I have found a path of being agnostic for want of a better word because I dont really know nor have I had a chat with god that I can remember but i do think I had some convo with a being when I was dead for ten minutes but my memory is fuzzy on that.
The reasons why I started locking was because of late there have been many people who are using the forum as a platform for their religous beliefs, it then turns into a slanging match. Yes I bring up the agreement made when we all signed on as members to be able to post, it is there for a reason and as much as people may not like it as mods we do have the discretion of what goes and what stays again I refer you to the agreement people made. I am a human with my emotions and all that goes with it same with the other mods, mistake will be made people will be pissed off with decisions and thats the way it is.

:flop: Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Thank God for that DTV paycheck

Canubis wrote:

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 2:58 am » by lamonema

GOD! that is all

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 3:00 am » by Mushroom

I don't really reply to GOD threads but, I have to give my opinion.

GOD is beautiful, she gives nice blowjobs and has a nice set of tits.

Why can anybody oppose this bliss and censor this information... it's f**kin draconian :alien51:

PreviousNext