Can We Talk About Religion or God?

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 19633
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: In your grill

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 3:50 am » by Slith


Have you got nothing better to do? C'mon
Image

Canubis wrote:

u fell for my missle tow.....its just a pek..... im perma banned 3 times for fags.... so smooch! it

SMAK ME BITCH on the lips....

xmass is coming hard...

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 11948
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 pm

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 3:53 am » by TheDuck


To the people who call censorship, it is understandable at first glance but when you get into it, then it really is nothing of the sort imho.

Please do a test and try and make a thread like this on ATS. Go now lol.
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4960
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:58 pm

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 3:55 am » by Otomon


aragajag wrote:Well Ghost I have had quiet a few msg's from members who are quiet happy with the way things are going. You call it censorship I call it moderating a forum. Only a few threads have been locked because they were inflammatory. If I want to know what the 99 names of allah or about Christ etc I can go elsewhere to talk with like mined people. These things have been disclosed for as long as there have been followers to the religion. Anyway if you have a problem with the way things are done write to the admin and complain, they pay for the site and if you dont get an answer back they must be happy with how things are being run.
This always gets distorted from what and why things have been modded. If you dont like it leave.


What if we want to tell people that Jesus was black? Shouldn't that count as disclosure? What if we want to discuss the fact that Allah was an old palestinian moon god? What if we want to discuss the four ages model? Where does the line between religious preaching and religious disclosure blur?

Moderating is a thankless job and it often requires that you make ethical choices...I do not consider what you have done to be inmoral so far... but I just hope we do not lose the freedom that we members have enjoyed thus far.
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 11948
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 pm

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 3:58 am » by TheDuck


Hey Oto stop f**kin' around and reply lol

the-choice-t35428-10.html
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 19633
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: In your grill

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 3:59 am » by Slith


Oto, as duckie said. Try subjects like this and the vernacular at ATS, see what happens. We let a lot of stuff go. All is good
Image

Canubis wrote:

u fell for my missle tow.....its just a pek..... im perma banned 3 times for fags.... so smooch! it

SMAK ME BITCH on the lips....

xmass is coming hard...

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4303
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:30 pm

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 4:00 am » by Aragajag


otomon wrote:
aragajag wrote:Well Ghost I have had quiet a few msg's from members who are quiet happy with the way things are going. You call it censorship I call it moderating a forum. Only a few threads have been locked because they were inflammatory. If I want to know what the 99 names of allah or about Christ etc I can go elsewhere to talk with like mined people. These things have been disclosed for as long as there have been followers to the religion. Anyway if you have a problem with the way things are done write to the admin and complain, they pay for the site and if you dont get an answer back they must be happy with how things are being run.
This always gets distorted from what and why things have been modded. If you dont like it leave.


What if we want to tell people that Jesus was black? Shouldn't that count as disclosure? What if we want to discuss the fact that Allah was an old palestinian moon god? What if we want to discuss the four ages model? Where does the line between religious preaching and religious disclosure blur?

Moderating is a thankless job and it often requires that you make ethical choices...I do not consider what you have done to be inmoral so far... but I just hope we do not lose the freedom that we members have enjoyed thus far.


On a case by case basis, depends on how things are going with the discussion.
Image
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 11948
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 pm

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 4:02 am » by TheDuck


Try it anywhere really Slith lol
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 19633
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: In your grill

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 4:03 am » by Slith


theduck wrote:Try it anywhere really Slith lol

You know it man. Pocket Jacks and you lost. WTF!
Image

Canubis wrote:

u fell for my missle tow.....its just a pek..... im perma banned 3 times for fags.... so smooch! it

SMAK ME BITCH on the lips....

xmass is coming hard...

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 11948
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 pm

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 4:06 am » by TheDuck


dlslith wrote:
theduck wrote:Try it anywhere really Slith lol

You know it man. Pocket Jacks and you lost. WTF!


Didn't lose I folded, got away cheaply, you only lose if you get to showdown and they win, which they would have, two people in the pot after I raised, flop came down Ace Queen...

I'm still winning now though. :wink:
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1383
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:10 am
Location: CyberSpace

PostSat Nov 06, 2010 4:06 am » by Ghost32


dlslith wrote:Ghost,
I have never deleted, not to my knowlege, a religious thread. I do understand your point, but as arag has pointed out on many occassions, there are rules to follow on this site and I back him for sticking by his guns.
Sorry you disagree, but I respect your point of view. And the lack of respect for personal beliefs with this, is the issue. For all concerned. This stuff turns into a hate bash thing and that's where we are trying to curb it.



I dont have any personal problems with any mods or anything and like I said in my original post it really doesnt matter to me one way or the other , but I felt the need to reply, but how many people come to dtv to read those sort of things whether we personally agree with them or not and people rely on the fact that DTV has always been an open forum to discuss anything. its important as mods that you let go of your personal beliefs so they dont interfere with religious threads and such when there is a difference of opinion.

I dont agree with everything on here but I couldnt consider deleting something so no one else could have a chance to make up their own mind unless it was really horrible and by horrible I mean very bad!

Right now it leaves dtv in a bad spot, I cant post a religious thread for fear of someone accusing me as having an agenda. But I could post a video of a family being bombed and children being killed and no one would mention a thing and that makes dtv a very biased place, it will end up being rense.com before you know it if only certain types of religions which are approved can be posted. im not promoting any certain religion im just speaking for the right for all people to choose their own belief without being punished, and deleting a persons thread is a punishment for the user and more so if other users flamed the thread just to get it removed, and if all you gotta do is flame a thread to get it deleted then there is another problem right there that the mods should work on without punishing the whole of the DTV community!

I just dont want to see DTV turn into youtube , thats all they do is delete videos or alter the music or cut stuff out and its unfair to the poster and the viewers both and they hide behind a bunch of cleverly worded rules but no matter how you reason it out its a form of censorship.

This thread is agenda driven and I ask that it be locked and or deleted!!!! Seriously this thread is a waste and serves no actual purpose so please delete it
Image


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook