Can You Answer The Unanswerable Questions ?

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 03, 2011 12:51 am » by The57ironman

e6722maj wrote:here's a tough question. can the houses (A,B and C) each be connected to the electric, gas and water companies without any connection lines crossing?

i'm not sure if it's possible, but my mum used to be forever drawing this and trying to solve it.
she never did though (it may be impossible. i don't know, but i've tried and failed to do it many times)

Image :mrgreen:
Image :mrgreen: ..i'll stop now.
Last edited by The57ironman on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

What's at stake is more than 1 small country, it is a big idea,
a new world order,
where diverse nations are drawn together in a common cause
to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind

it's long on new and it's short on order

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 03, 2011 12:56 am » by E6722maj

@ iron i don't think the lines are allowed to cross the 'buildings' (should have clarified, my bad) :think:

whatever

Writer

PostThu Nov 03, 2011 8:37 pm » by Weareone

e6722maj wrote:here's a tough question. can the houses (A,B and C) each be connected to the electric, gas and water companies without any connection lines crossing?

i'm not sure if it's possible, but my mum used to be forever drawing this and trying to solve it.
she never did though (it may be impossible. i don't know, but i've tried and failed to do it many times)

I spent far too long trying and retrying before I cheated and went to google. I wish I would have sooner, because it can't be done (on a two dimensional plane)
http://www.mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/fa ... ities.html

Previous