Can you live forever?

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 11:25 pm » by Ohj33bus

freeyourmindnow wrote:
ohj33bus wrote:I feel that we are eternal, we just experience lifetimes in different realities to educate ourselves..... But this reality our education is being suppressed

thanks for your input education is definitely the key and we all have the key. we only have to use it

Re Me mber
it

I wish more people would educate themselves...You can't rely on someone else to educate you. We are here to educate ourselves and to learn to love. Most are not doing either
The thing about smart mother fuckers is that they sound like crazy mother fuckers to dumb mother fuckers

Writer

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 11:29 pm » by Lorents

according to alex chiu and his immortality rings, yes. i bought them and now i am going to live forever too. yay.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 11:29 pm » by Sentientseed

Whenever I think about conscience transferal I always seem to come back to posing myself questions.

If science was able to clone me where my clone was exactly as I am now minus my conscious/unconscious brainwaves....and they then were able to flash my consciousness into the cloned body where there became two of me exact in body and mind....at that point the clone is its own entity. If placed on the other side of the globe and in different experiences...we would become more different as time passed? So if they decided that instead of duplicating or copying consciousness and went with a transferal...would that be me once transferred? Or would I just be a new entity who believed I was me and if so did the me cease to exist?

This line of questioning leads me to question an afterlife even though I have hope and belief in such...even though the belief becomes unstable and without certainty..due to the questioning.

Now some say...well your not the same person you were before anyway. That all your cells are basically cloning themselves repeatedly and through experiences you change in consciousness and thought as well over time. So they go on to say...aren't you still you even through these changes...and if so...why would transfer be any different.

Then one has to consider degradation in any such transfer....you know...lossless vs lossy. As in the movie Multiplicity....how many of these transfers would be possible before one becomes a blithering idiot. Even in that movie where they were all similar...they were not the same nor did they think in a unison Borg mind. They may have know what the other was considering due to shared memory experiences...but didn't speak act and react exactly the same at the same time.

This is very complex stuff with no real answer currently it seems.
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 11:36 pm » by Ohj33bus

sentientseed wrote:Whenever I think about conscience transferal I always seem to come back to posing myself questions.

If science was able to clone me where my clone was exactly as I am now minus my conscious/unconscious brainwaves....and they then were able to flash my consciousness into the cloned body where there became two of me exact in body and mind....at that point the clone is its own entity. If placed on the other side of the globe and in different experiences...we would become more different as time passed? So if they decided that instead of duplicating or copying consciousness and went with a transferal...would that be me once transferred? Or would I just be a new entity who believed I was me and if so did the me cease to exist?

This line of questioning leads me to question an afterlife even though I have hope and belief in such...even though the belief becomes unstable and without certainty..due to the questioning.

Now some say...well your not the same person you were before anyway. That all your cells are basically cloning themselves repeatedly and through experiences you change in consciousness and thought as well over time. So they go on to say...aren't you still you even through these changes...and if so...why would transfer be any different.

Then one has to consider degradation in any such transfer....you know...lossless vs lossy. As in the movie Multiplicity....how many of these transfers would be possible before one becomes a blithering idiot. Even in that movie where they were all similar...they were not the same nor did they think in a unison Borg mind. They may have know what the other was considering due to shared memory experiences...but didn't speak act and react exactly the same at the same time.

Yea that is really deep and I can't even think of anything else to say about the cloning aspect
The thing about smart mother fuckers is that they sound like crazy mother fuckers to dumb mother fuckers

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 11:38 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

lorents wrote:according to alex chiu and his immortality rings, yes. i bought them and now i am going to live forever too. yay.

:alien51: let us know if it works :flop:

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 11:42 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

ohj33bus wrote:
sentientseed wrote:Whenever I think about conscience transferal I always seem to come back to posing myself questions.

Yea that is really deep and I can't even think of anything else to say about the cloning aspect

yep it is really interesting and too deep, so many good question and so little answers :think:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 11:54 pm » by Zer0

Humans are indeed limited in their capabilities...

Its is only trough their interaction with Hermes and the knowledge that he provides that humans can go beyond their limits....

The next logical step is to shed our old skin and become an entire new race by fusing with our own technology.

That is what transhumanism/postgender means...

Why must we remain as we are now? Surely trough the scientific method we can improve things....
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 12:07 am » by Freeyourmindnow

otoel wrote:Humans are indeed limited in their capabilities...

Its is only trough their interaction with Hermes and the knowledge that he provides that humans can go beyond their limits....

The next logical step is to shed our old skin and become an entire new race by fusing with our own technology.

Why must we remain as we are now? Surely trough the scientific method we can improve things....

hey oto, how is it hanging? my old friend do you think she needs an improvement? i dont :wink:

Last edited by Freeyourmindnow on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 am » by Zer0

freeyourmindnow wrote:
otoel wrote:Humans are indeed limited in their capabilities...

hey oto, how is it hanging? do you think she needs an improvement?

No, she is a perfect female human specimen, manufactured from birth to appeal to the masses, she is an example of what we could do if we planned things.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Initiate

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 10:07 am » by Stratosfear

freeyourmindnow wrote:
stratosfear wrote:Would you want to?

yea i think so, and you? :think:

I'm not sure that I would want to, to be honest. Immortality may end up a curse.
Image "In the wardrobe of my soul ... in the section labelled 'Shirts'"

PreviousNext