Can you live forever?

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 8:50 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

stratosfear wrote:
freeyourmindnow wrote:
stratosfear wrote:Would you want to?

yea i think so, and you? :think:

I'm not sure that I would want to, to be honest. Immortality may end up a curse.

boring to dead? after a while i think, so 500 or 600 years later :mrgreen:

Initiate

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 9:21 pm » by Ohj33bus

This is a thread I have really enjoyed reading and taking part in. I wouldn't want to be stuck in this reality for more a century because of the change that happens every 100 years. Just look back the past 100 years through history and think of the progress of technology that has taken place just this past century alone. If you were to double the average life span to about 160 years or so think of the progress you would witness and possibly even be apart of and that alone would keep us from getting bored.
I just wish our minds and education weren't so suppressed and we had the ability to unlock our minds now to understand all the knowledge that is encoded already in our DNA, that I strongly believe just needs to be turned on. DNA is like a computer it's either a 1 or 0 and most of our "junk DNA" just needs that switch to hit on and then we might know the questions that we need to know right now.

The mind has all the answers, we just can't "remember" the answers to our own questions.
The thing about smart mother fuckers is that they sound like crazy mother fuckers to dumb mother fuckers

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 9:28 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

ohj33bus wrote:This is a thread I have really enjoyed reading and taking part in. I wouldn't want to be stuck in this reality for more a century because of the change that happens every 100 years. Just look back the past 100 years through history and think of the progress of technology that has taken place just this past century alone. If you were to double the average life span to about 160 years or so think of the progress you would witness and possibly even be apart of and that alone would keep us from getting bored.
I just wish our minds and education weren't so suppressed and we had the ability to unlock our minds now to understand all the knowledge that is encoded already in our DNA, that I strongly believe just needs to be turned on. DNA is like a computer it's either a 1 or 0 and most of our "junk DNA" just needs that switch to hit on and then we might know the questions that we need to know right now.

The mind has all the answers, we just can't "remember" the answers to our own questions.

agreed :flop: if only we could re mem ber it! we have the key :cheers:

Initiate

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 11:49 pm » by Alexrubic

Immortality - that is to say the ability to live, in our current physical body, beyond the maximum of 125 years or so - would have to come at a price: sterility! You could not have an immortal human race that still procreates, otherwise the Earth would not be capable of sustaining it.

All human cells regenerate during our lifetimes. Different cells turn over at different rates. IIRC, the liver turns over the fastest. I think it is true to say we are completely regenerated every seven years or so. However, there is a 'master clock' that limits us to the basic 70-125 years and that is encoded in our DNA. This 'clock' takes the form of DNA strands called telomeres that cap the ends of the chromosomes and each time DNA is replicated, the telomeres get shorter. Once they become too short, DNA can no longer properly replicate and we age and die. Some people have longer telomeres than others while some people lose less of the telomeres with each replication, so people age and die at different rates (not counting disease or fatal trauma).

There is a drug/supplement currently on the market that increases the length of the telomeres and, theoretically, should increase lifespan - it is called TA-65.

I certainly believe human consciousness is immortal and probably migrates to different dimensions or planes of existence, even reincarnates into new physical bodies.

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 12:33 am » by Freeyourmindnow

alexrubic wrote:Immortality - that is to say the ability to live, in our current physical body, beyond the maximum of 125 years or so - would have to come at a price: sterility! You could not have an immortal human race that still procreates, otherwise the Earth would not be capable of sustaining it.

All human cells regenerate during our lifetimes. Different cells turn over at different rates. IIRC, the liver turns over the fastest. I think it is true to say we are completely regenerated every seven years or so. However, there is a 'master clock' that limits us to the basic 70-125 years and that is encoded in our DNA. This 'clock' takes the form of DNA strands called telomeres that cap the ends of the chromosomes and each time DNA is replicated, the telomeres get shorter. Once they become too short, DNA can no longer properly replicate and we age and die. Some people have longer telomeres than others while some people lose less of the telomeres with each replication, so people age and die at different rates (not counting disease or fatal trauma).

There is a drug/supplement currently on the market that increases the length of the telomeres and, theoretically, should increase lifespan - it is called TA-65.

I certainly believe human consciousness is immortal and probably migrates to different dimensions or planes of existence, even reincarnates into new physical bodies.

thanks for your input, very interesting :flop:

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 12:37 am » by Temps13

you cant live literally forever,but with a different genome you can live half a million years i believe some of these 'anunnaki' do live a long time due to the longer cycle engendered by their planet taking longer to orbit the star
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 12:39 am » by Temps13

as a human,if you combined regular injections of synthetic growth hormone with top bio chemist kulachev's 'perfect anti oxidant' now being tested in russia..you could prolong your life a good few decades
that kissinger..i reckon hes been on the growth hormone the cunt
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 1:20 am » by Tinman4higher

Atheism is a non-prophet organization...GC

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 26, 2011 1:32 am » by Freeyourmindnow

tinman4higher wrote:http://youtu.be/8iYpxRXlboQ

Upload to Disclose.tv

:o

cool :flop:

Initiate

PostFri Apr 29, 2011 4:51 am » by Rednerrus

Ahahahahahah look at the fear of death!

Aaahahhahaahhahahhaahhahahahahahhahahah, the mind grasping with all its might on the strand it weaves, yet you are no mind or consciousness, where do you go when you sleep and don't dream? O yeah, you turn off! ahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha just wait till you turn off, in a century or 20. All that is born will surely die.

"learning to love" and not being bored, boredom is the restless mind, love is impartial and impersonal, unconditional or unpretending, awareness without consciousness, no person could learn to love, it is the nature of the observer to impart love, it is not a skill or attribute that applies to an imaginary person or individual.
tk

PreviousNext