Can you live forever?

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:11 pm

PostSat Apr 30, 2011 12:59 pm » by Sentientseed


A documentary about a guy who speaks on these things if anyone is interested.

Image
http://www.iwannawatch.net/2011/03/transcendent-man-2009/

And a link to a website of his...
http://www.kurzweilai.net/
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 9348
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:08 pm

PostSat Apr 30, 2011 10:42 pm » by Freeyourmindnow


sentientseed wrote:A documentary about a guy who speaks on these things if anyone is interested.

Image
http://www.iwannawatch.net/2011/03/transcendent-man-2009/

And a link to a website of his...
http://www.kurzweilai.net/


thanks definitely going to watch it :cheers:

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:01 am

PostSat Apr 30, 2011 11:04 pm » by Nik418


Short answer - no. Not as a sexually reproducing biological entity. You're programmed to decay and die once you've reproduced...

Kurt's a great guy but what he proposes is a 'post-human' condition - humans just can't do this stuff without deliberate technological change which will render us 'non-human' in a biological sense.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostSat May 07, 2011 3:59 am » by Tinman4higher


sentientseed wrote:A documentary about a guy who speaks on these things if anyone is interested.

Image
http://www.iwannawatch.net/2011/03/transcendent-man-2009/

And a link to a website of his...
http://www.kurzweilai.net/


Thanks for that.
If we can just span the next 20 years as a species...that has been the question. So far so good.
I for one would welcome our new arti-lect overlords.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization...GC

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4408
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:11 am
Location: Earth

PostSat May 07, 2011 4:23 am » by Shaggietrip


Yes we can and we have. We are part of everything that has been. We will become what is not as of yet. We are atoms molecules etc. We are recycled back into the universe. Now as far as our souls or minds eye so to say only death will give us the answer to what is beyond this life.

http://www.one-mind-one-energy.com/energy.html


The ramblings of Shaggietrip. :think:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2119
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:15 am
Location: Cornwall U.K.

PostSat May 07, 2011 4:45 am » by Temps13


i meant to say skulachev not kulachev.
listen to the fear? what fear we are just discussing an interesting subject..at least you didnt write 'who would want to live forever anyway?' that predictable boring interjection that all threads like this are burdened with
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostSat May 07, 2011 4:51 am » by Tinman4higher


shaggietrip wrote: only death will give us the answer to what is beyond this life.

http://www.one-mind-one-energy.com/energy.html


The ramblings of Shaggietrip. :think:


Unless you believe that there IS nothing after this.
Even Houdini unsuccessfully promised to come back and tell his wife that there is something more.
I submit that we are here for an insanely short time...and then we are gone.
Death is the unfortunate truth without any answers.
I look forward to a time when there is as much controversy shrouding an abortion as there is a death of someone old.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization...GC

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4408
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:11 am
Location: Earth

PostSat May 07, 2011 5:15 am » by Shaggietrip


tinman4higher wrote:
shaggietrip wrote: only death will give us the answer to what is beyond this life.

http://www.one-mind-one-energy.com/energy.html


The ramblings of Shaggietrip. :think:


Unless you believe that there IS nothing after this.
Even Houdini unsuccessfully promised to come back and tell his wife that there is something more.
I submit that we are here for an insanely short time...and then we are gone.
Death is the unfortunate truth without any answers.
I look forward to a time when there is as much controversy shrouding an abortion as there is a death of someone old.


"Even Houdini unsuccessfully promised to come back and tell his wife that there is something more."

How is one to know that he did not come back and tell her. Maybe she just did not understand how he was telling her. I would hardly expect a dead relative of mine to call me on the phone or knock on my door. Even though quantum physics may lead some to believe that it could happen.
_______________________________

"Death is the unfortunate truth without any answers."

There is an answer we just will not have it until death.
_______________________________

"I look forward to a time when there is as much controversy shrouding an abortion as there is a death of someone old."


This one is touchy. So I will just make my response as vague as possible. We only believe death is a bad thing because of what we are taught. If we all new that there was some great thrill ride awaiting us then we would all just try to die. Whom would be the sheeple? chimps?

That being typed. I do understand/see where your coming from.

:cheers:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Initiate
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:40 am

PostSun May 08, 2011 8:32 am » by Rednerrus


temps13 wrote:i meant to say skulachev not kulachev.
listen to the fear? what fear we are just discussing an interesting subject..at least you didnt write 'who would want to live forever anyway?' that predictable boring interjection that all threads like this are burdened with



You know what fear, were there no such there would be no discussion, let alone a subject.
tk


Previous

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook