Can you live forever?

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 11:49 am » by Freeyourmindnow

It's highly unlikely. Even though the average life expectancy has increased dramatically since the beginning of the last century, it won't continue to double and triple until we're living for hundreds of years. Some scientists believe that there's a maximum number of years, probably around 125, that a human being could live. Still, futurists hold out hope that immortality is right around the corner. Scientists are hard at work developing pills and treatments that might add a few years to our life, but their search is hindered by how long human beings already live. It's difficult, after all, to construct a scientific experiment that may last for more than a hundred years.

do you wanna live forever? check this out
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/280069

are there any DTV members who can live forever?

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:22 pm » by Samael

I'll take your challenge. See you in eternity.
A Poison of, or A Remedy for
The end never justify the means.
eliakim wrote:In the top right hand corner where my Spirit unicorn used to appear

eliakim wrote: Abba spoke and he said he would cut off the penis of Islam.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:26 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

samael wrote:I'll take your challenge. See you in eternity.

challenge is on, see you in eternity :wink:

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:36 pm » by Stratosfear

Would you want to?
Image "In the wardrobe of my soul ... in the section labelled 'Shirts'"

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:41 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

stratosfear wrote:Would you want to?

yea i think so, and you? :think:

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm » by Samael

Me? In a word, no. In a few words, no fuckin way. 200 years tops, is the most I would want to live. I would believe it would reflect my experiences with sleep deprivation. After a while, the concept of sleep becomes horrific and terrible. I would hope there was an inverse point at which you would welcome it more and more.
A Poison of, or A Remedy for
The end never justify the means.
eliakim wrote:In the top right hand corner where my Spirit unicorn used to appear

eliakim wrote: Abba spoke and he said he would cut off the penis of Islam.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 6:06 pm » by Myleso

Technology in the not too distant future will enable longer lives to be lived, at a high cost, of your free will.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_india-s-oldest-woman-dead-at-125_1064899

Live a long, organic, healthy life and consume cannabis with organic food!

Cannabis is a neuroprotectant full of antioxidants
http://www.movementforfuture.com/
http://mylesohowe.com/

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 6:42 pm » by Phoenix rising

freeyourmindnow wrote:It's highly unlikely. Even though the average life expectancy has increased dramatically since the beginning of the last century, it won't continue to double and triple until we're living for hundreds of years. Some scientists believe that there's a maximum number of years, probably around 125, that a human being could live. Still, futurists hold out hope that immortality is right around the corner. Scientists are hard at work developing pills and treatments that might add a few years to our life, but their search is hindered by how long human beings already live. It's difficult, after all, to construct a scientific experiment that may last for more than a hundred years.

do you wanna live forever? check this out
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/280069

are there any DTV members who can live forever?

Can our consciousness be transfered to another bio or synthetic body, i think absolutly it will be done in the future, if an old mind/consciousness gets transfered into a young body will the mind regress to a younger state of being or will the mind stay old, degregated cell division makes us old and our minds old, if we can stop cell division degregation then who knows the anser, I'd hate to be an old missarable bastard in a young body with the same mindset, if u could freeze the conscious mindset to say your mid 20s then this would be great.

Upload to Disclose.tv

We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 7:35 pm » by Hayden

I think we'er immortal expressions of the godhead,so yes we do live forever, but not in the same body or 'container'. Do'nt know if your aware of the infamous 'Charles material' that Bill Ryan has shared, he reacons that his 'master' is 5000 years old? or something like that.I ask you,what can you believe thesedays?Charlatans and bullshit merchants at every turn, everyone out for a buck? I hope to live to see a better World, where people are treated fairly but hey! people have wished that for a long time.Sorry for the ramble I;ve just come back from the mountains to the innercity....cynicism comes easy :|

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 9:58 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

samael wrote:Me? In a word, no. In a few words, no fuckin way. 200 years tops, is the most I would want to live. I would believe it would reflect my experiences with sleep deprivation. After a while, the concept of sleep becomes horrific and terrible. I would hope there was an inverse point at which you would welcome it more and more.

200 years you sure? why not make it a 450? just kidding but i see your point :think:

Next