Canada Doesn't Back UN Arms Treaty

Initiate

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 12:47 am » by flsts1

Sheesh....whats up with you my fellow Canukistanians...thought this would have been posted by now....

OTTAWA - The Harper government faced sharp criticism Wednesday for its continued refusal to sign a landmark treaty to regulate the global arms trade.

A group of non-governmental agencies, called the Control Arms Coalition, said it was frustrated and disappointed that the government did not follow the United States and more than 90 other countries in signing the Arms Trade Treaty.

Meanwhile, the federal NDP accused the government of indulging in conspiracy theories because it continues to express concern that the treaty might have an impact on lawful gun owners within Canada.

read more:
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/09/25 ... 89587.html

I can just hear the commander in chief...
"Aw fuck, you kanadians...yer not getting your pipeline now fer sure..."
Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.
Albert Einstein

Super Moderator

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 1:40 am » by Slith

G'dam Canooks! What's wrong with them peeples

:flop: :flop: :flop:

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair

Sam Ewing

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 1:58 am » by Phoenix rising

I think there all watching 4U2CTV or something
“If you cannot find a good companion to walk with, walk alone, like an elephant roaming the jungle. It is better to be alone than to be with those who will hinder your progress.”
~BUDDHA (DHAMMAPADA)~

Super Moderator

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 2:18 am » by Slith

Phoenix rising wrote:I think there all watching 4U2CTV or something

You may be right. I'm French Canook. I don't count btw

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair

Sam Ewing

Initiate

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 4:21 am » by flsts1

Phoenix rising wrote:I think there all watching 4U2CTV or something

is there a hockey game on?
Albert Einstein

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 2:17 pm » by Harbin

The 'government' of the Crown colony of Canada, does not back the UN treaty as it will cut into the Queen of England's personal arms trade profits.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 4:15 pm » by flsts1

Harbin wrote:The 'government' of the Crown colony of Canada, does not back the UN treaty as it will cut into the Queen of England's personal arms trade profits.

LOL!
Brilliant! I totally didn't think of that angle.... gotta protect that portfolio....lol...
However a quick factoid to consider while doing a quick search is...Arms that are made in Canada are mainly American based companies (Colt, Diemaco, Para-Ordnance, Savage...etc...and that's just small arms. Were not even counting GE, Boeing and the like)....more lol's.....

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
sgillhoolley
Occupy the discussion. .
404 Fans
.23 hours ago ( 9:25 AM)
The headline could just as easily read "Canada joins 102 other nations in rejecting UN treaty".

:?
Another interesting factoid is for 2012 Canadas expenditure for military arms was 22.5B and ranked 14 out of the big 15 amongst the worlds largest exporters. The US being #1 (682Bil. buckaroos)-Turkey being 15th....according to
stockholm international peace research institute (whomever the hell they are...)
Albert Einstein