Canada's About to Claim the North Pole as Its Own

Master Conspirator

PostWed Dec 04, 2013 11:35 am » by *WillEase*

Have you spent the past decade believing that Canada is nothing more than our friendly, innocuous neighbor to the north? Good—that's what they wanted you to think. In reality, Canada has given the past 10 years of its life and $200 million dollars in taxpayer money to file the ultimate claim: over 1 million square miles of Arctic seafloor that, yes, includes the North Pole.

Canadian imperialists scientists have been working both in labs and on ice camps off the northern shores of Ellesmere Island in an effort to map the Arctic seafloor, part of which it will be laying claim to (under the awesomely named Convention on the Law of the Sea) come Friday at the latest. The decade-long study necessitated the use of both helicopters and airplanes as well as unmanned, remote-controlled submarines that spent days at a time under the black waters' icy surface.

According to CBC News, "countries are allowed to claim additional sea floor if they can show their continental shelf extends beyond the economic zone." And as Rob Huebert, an arctic expert at the University of Calgary, told CBC News, an undersea mountain range called the Lomonosov Ridge would indeed give Canada geologic justification for a claim that stretches past the North Pole. But just because Canada has reason to make the claim doesn't mean it necessarily will; in the end, it's all up to whether or not Canadian officials think Santa's workshop is worth the trouble:

Maybe it's simply not worth it. Maybe we said, 'You know what, for the sake of international peace and stability, it's not important. We'll only do our science up to that and that will be the basis of our claim.' [But] it means we didn't go as far as we could.

Of course, it could still take another five years to confirm the science on Canada's claim and another 15 after that to even come to a final decision. Though while it appears Canada will not attempt any major overlap with Russian or US territory (keeping conflicts with those countries to a minimum) there has yet to be any word from the diabetic slaveowner with the most to lose—a one Mr. Nicholas "Santa" Claus. Let the war on Christmas commence.
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 pm » by Slith

Bout time

Canubis wrote:
chat is dead when i DIE!!!!!!!! and IT MABE HAPPE!N>>?? i might live for infinite discussion....fukn fooled upon buy dick fagit? booN

Initiate

PostWed Dec 04, 2013 12:54 pm » by flsts1

Wonder what ever happened about this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arktika_2007
(snip)
Reactions

There was concern in the other four countries bordering the Arctic (Canada, Norway, Denmark and the United States) that Russia might claim the Arctic based on its charting of the seabed. Former Canadian Foreign Minister Peter MacKay said: "This isn't the 15th century. You can't go around the world and just plant flags and say 'We're claiming this territory'." United States Department of State spokesman Tom Casey stated that planting the flag "doesn't have any legal standing or effect on this claim."

In reply, the Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told reporters: "The aim of this expedition is not to stake Russia's claim but to show that our shelf reaches to the North Pole." He also confirmed that Arctic territory issues "can be tackled solely on the basis of international law, the International Convention on the Law of the Sea and in the framework of the mechanisms that have in accordance with it been created for determining the borders of states which have a continental shelf." In another interview Sergey Lavrov said: "I was amazed by my Canadian counterpart’s statement that we are planting flags around. We’re not throwing flags around. We just do what other discoverers did. The purpose of the expedition is not to stake whatever rights of Russia, but to prove that our shelf extends to the North Pole. By the way on the Moon it was the same".

Lindsay Parson, (head of the Law of the Sea Group at Southampton's National Oceanography Centre in the UK) stated that Denmark (via Greenland) and Canada would have equally good chances of claiming the territory on these grounds — which both nations have stated they will do — as the Lomonosov Ridge extends from Russia across the Arctic to Greenland and northern Canada. Denmark claimed that the 1,500-kilometre (930 mi) Lomonosov Ridge was its property, the BBC's World Service radio reported early on August 12. Danish science minister Helge Sander told reporters: "The preliminary investigations done so far are very promising. There are things suggesting that Denmark could be given the North Pole."

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :lol:
You know what the nice thing about assholes is?....Someone always comes along to wipe them up...
Jim Lahey... Trailer Park Boys

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 04, 2013 12:59 pm » by Slith

Fossil fuels and natural resources ie. water, being the main criteria here

Canubis wrote:
chat is dead when i DIE!!!!!!!! and IT MABE HAPPE!N>>?? i might live for infinite discussion....fukn fooled upon buy dick fagit? booN

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 04, 2013 1:04 pm » by Evildweeb

What's the source of this article Will?

*WillEase* wrote:Canadian imperialists scientists........

Sounds a little old school Russianoffski to me......hehehe

:headscratch:

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR

Initiate

PostWed Dec 04, 2013 1:06 pm » by flsts1

Slith wrote:Fossil fuels and natural resources ie. water, being the main criteria here

You bet...
Wonder what kind of 'tards they'll get to go work up there?
Not exactly a work friendly environment...
You know what the nice thing about assholes is?....Someone always comes along to wipe them up...
Jim Lahey... Trailer Park Boys

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 04, 2013 1:11 pm » by Slith

flsts1 wrote:
Slith wrote:Fossil fuels and natural resources ie. water, being the main criteria here

You bet...
Wonder what kind of 'tards they'll get to go work up there?
Not exactly a work friendly environment...

No it's not. My dad spent 6 months working on Ellesmere. He said it was horrific

Canubis wrote:

Master Conspirator

PostWed Dec 04, 2013 3:28 pm » by *WillEase*

Evildweeb wrote:.

What's the source of this article Will?

*WillEase* wrote:Canadian imperialists scientists........

Sounds a little old school Russianoffski to me......hehehe

:headscratch:

oops :oops:
http://gizmodo.com/canadas-getting-read ... 1475643608
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 04, 2013 11:04 pm » by Perronick

It all ends up in her majesty's pocket. Don't fight and kiss each other. Now. Fools.

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 04, 2013 11:07 pm » by Constabul

First milk in bags, and now this.

Next