Canadian sues claiming abuse at U.S. border

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 10, 2011 11:57 pm » by Evildweeb

(Let the games begin:)

Canadian sues claiming abuse at U.S. border

Feb 10, 2011

Wayne

DETROIT

A 46-year-old Canadian woman sued two unidentified female U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents in U.S. District Court in Detroit on Wednesday, saying one of them strip-searched and groped her without justification as the other one watched at the Ambassador Bridge last March.

Loretta Van Beek of Stratford, Ontario, who said she travels to the U.S. regularly to vacation in Georgia, said agents sent her to secondary inspection because she failed to declare raspberries.

She said agents questioned her during a two-hour session, then ordered her to strip. She said one agent aggressively groped her breasts and genital area for an extended period of time while the other watched. Then they photographed and fingerprinted her and sent her back to Canada, the suit said.

Her lawyer, S. Thomas Wienner of Rochester, said she was traumatized by the incident and wants to find out whether there are other victims.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said it couldn't comment on pending litigation.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110210/N ... U-S-border
Living south of Kansas and north of Texas pretty much puts me in the middle of fu(king nowhere.

Initiate

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 12:15 am » by Docdrdeath

If you stand for Nothing, You'll fall for anything

Super Moderator

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 1:53 am » by Slith

Those bastards in Detroit should be shot. I was made to feel like a criminal when I passed through there last year. Assholes

The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

Initiate

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 10:12 am » by Tntbw

This whole TSA thing of late pisses me off, but then again, I don't fly or cross borders. That got me thinking that the reason there are not mass protests about the TSA searches is because the majority of Americans are just like me. Sure enough, the estimates are that only 20% of Americans have to deal with this shit.

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 12, 2011 2:16 am » by Illuminated

Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Super Moderator

PostSat Feb 12, 2011 2:27 am » by Slith

I try not to swear too much on here, but the border patrol in Detroit are pure and unadulterated fucking assholes, End of discussion. They disgust me.

Super Moderator

PostSat Feb 12, 2011 2:30 am » by Slith

Homeland security???????? Homo security. Fuck you!