Canadians call for increased state control of natural resour

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 3:12 pm » by Slith

I wasn't talking oil. I was talking water. The Saudies hauling icebergs out of our waters for clean drinking water etc, and the Americans slant drilling into our side of the great lakes to start. The Canadian government is in the process of developing a fleet of Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II stealth fighter planes to protect our northern boundaries. Most think for the oil deposits. They are partially right, but it goes much deeper, and the water is the prime reason

Canubis wrote:

u fell for my missle tow.....its just a pek..... im perma banned 3 times for fags.... so smooch! it

SMAK ME BITCH on the lips....

xmass is coming hard...

Initiate

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 pm » by flsts1

dlslith wrote: Most think for the oil deposits. They are partially right, but it goes much deeper, and the water is the prime reason

Theres probably a reason why the Russians planted thier flag on our Arctic seabed...
You know what the nice thing about assholes is?....Someone always comes along to wipe them up...
Jim Lahey... Trailer Park Boys

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 3:22 pm » by Slith

flsts1 wrote:
dlslith wrote: Most think for the oil deposits. They are partially right, but it goes much deeper, and the water is the prime reason

Theres probably a reason why the Russians planted thier flag on our Arctic seabed...

Agreed

Canubis wrote:

u fell for my missle tow.....its just a pek..... im perma banned 3 times for fags.... so smooch! it

xmass is coming hard...

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 3:25 pm » by Perronick

Well, I was talking about nationalizing resources. Would you mind staying a little (not 100%, not even 50%, just a little), on topic?

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm » by Slith

Perronick wrote:Well, I was talking about nationalizing resources. Would you mind staying a little (not 100%, not even 50%, just a little), on topic?

I'm totally on topic. What are you looking at?

Canubis wrote:

xmass is coming hard...

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 3:37 pm » by Perronick

dlslith wrote:
Perronick wrote:Well, I was talking about nationalizing resources. Would you mind staying a little (not 100%, not even 50%, just a little), on topic?

You're talking about Canada's problems with other nations. I'm talking about what you, Canadians, think about Canada's resources. How would you organize the exploitation of those resources. Who would you benefit.

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 3:47 pm » by Slith

Perronick wrote:
dlslith wrote:

You're talking about Canada's problems with other nations. I'm talking about what you, Canadians, think about Canada's resources. How would you organize the exploitation of those resources. Who would you benefit.

I appreciate your view on this, and am enjoying this debate. By exploiting them you mean bringing other countries in, non? Which is the juxt of what I'm sayin. At the end, we would want to benefit ourselves, for sure

Canubis wrote:

xmass is coming hard...

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 4:04 pm » by Perronick

dlslith wrote:
Perronick wrote:
dlslith wrote:I'm totally on topic. What are you looking at?

I appreciate your view on this, and am enjoying this debate. By exploiting them you mean bringing other countries in, non? Which is the juxt of what I'm sayin. At the end, we would want to benefit ourselves, for sure

I mean if you'd give your country's oil/water to BP, for example, or to would you nationalize it, as in Iran or Venezuela, to benefit all Canadians?.

Initiate

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 4:10 pm » by flsts1

Perronick wrote:You're talking about Canada's problems with other nations. I'm talking about what you, Canadians, think about Canada's resources. How would you organize the exploitation of those resources. Who would you benefit.

It's not a simple question due to the way Canada was structured when it was being explored and individual Provinces were founded.
What most folks don't realize is that Canada was essentially set-up as a Republic. Each Province is/was soverign unto themselves (under the umbrella of the Federal gub'ment).
The Canadian Constitution was Amended (92A) allowing for the provinces for greater soverign control of thier natural resources.
Each Province according to whatever type of political philosophy/leadership is governed by, now has greater latitude as to how we manage the resources contained within each Province.
That means we manage and then feed the Fed gub'ment a percentage of whatever monies are gleaned and then the monies are redistributed by the Fed's to the other provinces according to thier needs...(supposedly) :|
Currently, there is a pissing contest between Alberta (richest provence...Conservative) and British Columbia (Commies) over oil royalties. Meetings between the two Premires have been defined as "frosty" lol...
So....back to your question...I would leave the system as is and let the negotiation process'es play out.

Truth be known...it really doesn't matter....the bankers are still the ones that are going to come out on top.
You know what the nice thing about assholes is?....Someone always comes along to wipe them up...
Jim Lahey... Trailer Park Boys

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 4:14 pm » by Tuor10

dlslith wrote:

My brain must be wired incorrectly , cos this is what I think of .

Image[/quote]

Oh to be her right big toe right aboot now!!!!!![/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was classic mate.

:flop:

PreviousNext