Cannot display disclose.tv webpage from home

Writer

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 6:15 pm » by Elektrikar

Hello all,

I have strange issue, yesterday I have found out that I'm unable to access DTV web from home (works at work). Same issue on PC and mobile, doesn't work only on broadband, works on mobile connection (3G, HSPDA). It looks like it has stopped working after firefox 24 update, but it doesn't work in any browser (IE, IE64, Opera, neither in safe mode of those). Websearch reveals I appear to be the only one affected.

Other pages work, I haven't come across any otehr taht would have same issue.

I cannot display any page hosted on DTV IP (at work I get logon window) (disclose.tv, ns.disclose.tv, chat.disclose.tv)

DTV appears to be the only site blocked, thing is I am receiving different errors, most repeated is connection timeout, but the server responds to ping from my machine.
Other error I receive in mozila is: Yellow page informing me the page could not be displayed due to corrupt manifest file (path shown) and similar empty yellow page with frame.

I cannot really find any resolution to the manifest issue...

I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting, I'd like to ask before I go any further.
- close reopen firefox, try other browsers and also in browser safe mode
- reboot pc
- reset firefox to default
- ipconfig /flushdns /release /renew

Haven't done yet:
- tried cable connection
- reboot router and given out to my gamer flatmate (I'm highly suspicious he tampered w it, since many gamers like to optimize the connections for themselves, but the net is mine)
- rollback the firefox update
- checked with ISP
- haven't tried playing with AV/Firewall settings (this also could be an issue, but then I'm puzzled since AVG mobile hasn't asked me to tell it whether NW I'm connecting to is trusted, it did on PC)

Techies, any suggestions?
Or have I been blocked/banned here? (I hardly ever post, so I doubt there was something so serious I could have been banned for)
Image Yo, does this look familiar to you? A tribute to Freeyourmindnow

I now do trains H0 CSD III-IV Digi :D

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 6:37 pm » by Noentry

Not sure. Others here are experts on this type of thing.

:headscratch:

Perhaps it is because

:lol:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Writer

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 6:59 pm » by Elektrikar

Noentry wrote:Image

Not sure. Others here are experts on this type of thing.

:headscratch:

Perhaps it is because

:lol:

fek, ima beauty :D
if i wasn't shy paranoid fuk, i'd post pic

:peep:

PS:
No NW expert here?

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 8:05 pm » by Noentry

While you are on your laptop/pc looking hot.

you could try this
http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

I think tho if you reboot your modem back to factory settings it should sort out your problem.

]The most drastic type of router reset, called hard reset, erases passwords, keys, and most other configuration parameters, restoring the router to use initial configuration values that it had when it left the factory. (Hard resets do not remove or revert the currently-installed version of router firmware, however.) This method is most commonly used when an administrator has forgotten their password or security keys and wishes to start over with new values.

To perform a hard router reset, keep the router powered on. Then, find the unit's reset button, often located on the rear of the device. Use a pen tip or bent paperclip if necessary to depress the button and hold it down. Network administrators are taught to hold the button down for 30 seconds; your router probably does not require waiting that full length of time, but this is a good general rule to follow. After releasing the hard reset button, a router may need up to 1 minute to reboot and resume normal operation.

An alternative method for hard resets involves holding the reset button down for 90 seconds instead of 30, unplugging the router from power and then re-plugging it partway through as described in these instructions for the 30-30-30 hard reset rule. This more involved reset process may not work on some routers and should only be tried if the basic 30 second version does not work.
http://compnetworking.about.com/od/rout ... router.htm
A. A. Milne

Writer

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 8:27 pm » by Elektrikar

cheers NoEntry, forgot to mention I have cleared private data of Ffox, I'll give it one more shot when I come home (It don't work in other browsers and devices as well tho:( )

I also said:
Haven't done yet:
- reboot router and given out to my gamer flatmate (I'm highly suspicious he tampered w it, since many gamers like to optimize the connections for themselves, but the net is mine)

Conspiracy is, only DTV is blocked/doens't work, makes me feel like without a leg, crippled.

to ur pic:
I am a man tho :D

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 8:34 pm » by Noentry

Elektrikar wrote:cheers NoEntry, forgot to mention I have cleared private data of Ffox, I'll give it one more shot when I come home (It don't work in other browsers and devices as well tho:( )

I also said:
Haven't done yet:

Conspiracy is, only DTV is blocked/doens't work, makes me feel like without a leg, crippled.

to ur pic:
I am a man tho :D

:cry:

:alien51:

I did read that is something you had not tried.
Reboot your modem to factory settings.
I think it is the answer to your problem.

:flop:
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 2:39 am » by Slith

Clear your cache, history, cookies and all that geeky stuff and then try to log back in. I get the same occasionally and it seems to work for me

I'm just here for the popcorn Image

Writer

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 4:20 pm » by Elektrikar

Slith wrote:Clear your cache, history, cookies and all that geeky stuff and then try to log back in. I get the same occasionally and it seems to work for me

All that has been done, I have also soft and hard reset my router and tried without firewall. And no luck.
I have contacted ISP, they have not blocked DTV for me.

Can a Mod or Admin be contacted via PM?

Cheers

Super Moderator

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 4:40 pm » by Slith

Elektrikar wrote:

Cheers

Yes. Feel free to. Admin is easily reached via the contact link on the top right

I'm just here for the popcorn Image

Writer

PostThu Oct 24, 2013 11:59 am » by Elektrikar

Slith wrote:
Elektrikar wrote:

Cheers

Yes. Feel free to. Admin is easily reached via the contact link on the top right

Contacted admin, since I cannot send PM to anyone here.
Lest see what they get back to me with.

Mods, staff, do you happen to know if some ISPs got blocked DTV side?

Next