Car Engine Powered by Lasers

Conspirator

PostTue May 03, 2011 11:12 am » by Freeyourmindnow

Is the price of gasoline taking a toll on your wallet? Make your drive greener and more fuel efficient with the help of lasers. Japanese researchers have created an automotive laser system to replace spark plugs.Tiny ceramic lasers ignite the air and fuel mixture with concentrated optical energy. The durable laser system has the potential to improve fuel efficiency and engine performance.

http://news.discovery.com/tech/laser-ca ... 10502.html

:think:

Conspirator

PostTue May 03, 2011 11:23 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

Conspirator

PostTue May 03, 2011 11:40 pm » by 99socks

I wish I wish I wish I could find information about something I saw in a documentary a few years ago. A professor/researcher who was trying to create something to replace jet engines had designed an object that could harness the energy from light by using the same kind of math principles that is used in creating satellite dishes etc. This man could put the object on a string as a guide, and then shine a laser on it and it would fly 20+ feet in the air. Obviously it would take a lot of research to be able to use the technology, but it is possible!

Conspirator

PostTue May 03, 2011 11:57 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

99socks wrote:I wish I wish I wish I could find information about something I saw in a documentary a few years ago. A professor/researcher who was trying to create something to replace jet engines had designed an object that could harness the energy from light by using the same kind of math principles that is used in creating satellite dishes etc. This man could put the object on a string as a guide, and then shine a laser on it and it would fly 20+ feet in the air. Obviously it would take a lot of research to be able to use the technology, but it is possible!

yes i know the research, i couldn't find the video :cry: he shoots with a laser on it and it fly very fast more than 20 feet in the air. i think they have the technology and the research, but they dont want to give it to us yet. they have even cars running on air :think:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostWed May 04, 2011 12:05 am » by Oxygen

Initiate

PostWed May 04, 2011 12:14 am » by FullDisclosure

Anything special needed to keep carbon deposits and engine sludge off the laser lens?

I try not to troll, but sometimes people just fucking deserve it.

Conspirator

PostWed May 04, 2011 1:05 am » by Freeyourmindnow

fulldisclosure wrote:Anything special needed to keep carbon deposits and engine sludge off the laser lens?

no idea :headscratch:

Initiate

PostWed May 04, 2011 1:29 am » by Stivheys

99socks wrote:I wish I wish I wish I could find information about something I saw in a documentary a few years ago. A professor/researcher who was trying to create something to replace jet engines had designed an object that could harness the energy from light by using the same kind of math principles that is used in creating satellite dishes etc. This man could put the object on a string as a guide, and then shine a laser on it and it would fly 20+ feet in the air. Obviously it would take a lot of research to be able to use the technology, but it is possible!

Upload to Disclose.tv

was this the kinda thing u ment (framerate crap sorry)

http://www.spaceelevator.com/

Conspirator

PostWed May 04, 2011 1:30 am » by Freeyourmindnow

stivheys wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

was this the kinda thing u ment (framerate crap sorry)

http://www.spaceelevator.com/

yes yes :flop: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostWed May 04, 2011 1:33 am » by Endless16

That's pretty awesome, the air powered car lol... Surely it'd be even more awesome if it wasn't carting around an unused petrol engine most of the time... but still it's a clever design.

Next