CGI Expert Analyses You-Tube UFO Videos Thursdays

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 14, 2009 1:50 am » by Spock

For those of you that are interested, http://www.unkowncountry.com is a great site.

If you wish to join you can participate in the online chat. I am a member - and the amount to join is nothing. THIS IS NOT SPAM!!!!!

I thought many of you would be interested in asking questions during this session...

Subscribers: Videos Analyzed During THURSDAY Chat!
13-Apr-2009
Video artist and CGI expert Steve Neill will be with us during our subscriber chat from 7 to 8 PM on Thursday April 16. PLEASE NOTE that this chat is on Thursday, rather than Wednesday (as it usually is). Steve will look at videos from YouTube or other online sources and let you know whether or not he sees any evidence of fakery. So get the URLs of those videos you've been curious about and drop them into the chat. Steve will look and comment! For an example of just how real a fake video can appear on YouTube, click here (linked vid posted just below) . Steve will also tell us what to look for to become more discriminating video explorers. His website is FantasiaGrey.com
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AfqDVP_0O0c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AfqDVP_0O0c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

PostTue Apr 14, 2009 1:59 am » by Hesop

DUDE! That vid was just TOO FREAKIN COOL MAN!

Are you certain it was fake? :think:

:D Thnx again for the up! Have to check it out now.

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 14, 2009 2:04 am » by Spock

I'm with ya - I was calling 9-1-1 when I saw it! :nails:

But I thought many people here could take something to the table and see what he said about it.

PostTue Apr 14, 2009 2:18 am » by Hesop

I just got:

"Domain unkowncountry.com no longer valid"

When clicking the link.
Any ideas?

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 14, 2009 2:22 am » by Spock

my bad Hesop - I misspelldedd itt.

That's my mantra - BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD - UNTIE!

Here it is...

http://www.unknowncountry.com/

Initiate

PostTue Apr 14, 2009 2:26 am » by Baboogdi

Whitley Strieber's site. Very good. To get there just google 'unknowncountry'.

PostTue Apr 14, 2009 2:34 am » by Hesop

WOW! I didn't even notice it! Better clean my glasses.
Thanx!

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 14, 2009 2:46 am » by Drextin

spock wrote:I'm with ya - I was calling 9-1-1 when I saw it! :nails:

But I thought many people here could take something to the table and see what he said about it.

Yeah the guy who made this vid is a pro. He is an editor who thought making the video would catch the eye of ELM. To be honest it should have. Using San Francisco as the back drop was inspired genius since that is Lucas' stomping ground.

Thankfully there aren't many who can do what he did which is wonderful effects and those little hidden things that pros look for that stick out like a sore thumb.......he covered all those bases. Not to mention the dramatic angle.

Steve is an excellent artist who has done lots of cgi work though some consider his cgi work very amateurish. I caution that he is not a video or effects expert. It would be like assuming that someone who can draw really well can distinguish between a fake Picasso and a real one. His real expertise is the anatomy of aliens.....specifically the greys. Right now Steve is trying to get publicity and funding for his movie he wants to make. I hope he gets it.

For video analysis of youtube vids Mike Horn, Death Star dude, would be the perfect guest. He just doesn't run in the same circles. Steve is also not a neutral party so if someone wants a video looked at that has been featured on a site ran by one of his buddies he will be biased.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking