"Champions are Made, Not Born"

Super Moderator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 1:43 pm » by TheDuck

Ok I was just looking for where I acquired the quote in the title and it looks like its some kind of bible quote (yeah I know what your thinking "More bible sh*t is to follow" lmao :alien51: )

Anyway I thought this had some pretty cool philosophical elements and was worthy of a post so here we are, good for motivation (for me anyway)

So here we go, please read on if interested:

CHAMPIONS ARE MADE, NOT BORN (1 SAMUEL 17:21-49)
Hockey’s Great One, Wayne Gretzky, was asked, “What is it that separates great champions from the near-great?” He replied, “My goodness, I don’t know. If I did, I’d bottle it up and sell it.” (“What do Jeff Gordon, Martina Navratilova, Bob Knight and Mariano Rivera have in common?” USA TODAY 9/22/06)

What makes a champion? Here are some quotes:

“A champion is a person who can achieve a difficult goal or overcome challenging obstacles.”

“A champion is a person who has earned the right and respect to be called a winner through an endless effort and desire to achieve a common goal.”

“A champion is a person who wants to be the best. They won’t give up until they beat the rest.”

“A champion is a person with passion to achieve — one who stands on principle and works hard every day to produce and accomplish.”

“A champion is a person that has the dedication that it takes.”

“A champion is a person who improves his strengths in battlefield irrespective of whether he wins or not.”

“A champion is a person or team who defends, supports, or defeats something.”

“A champion is a person who works the hardest and dedicates him or herself to doing the best job possible.”

“A champion is a person that gets up even when they can’t.”

Leonard Ravenhill tells of a group of tourists who were visiting a picturesque village. One person turned to an elderly man sitting nearby and asked, “Were any great men born in this village?” The old man replied, “Nope, only babies.” (Preaching, Jan-Feb 1993)

People are not born champions; they are made champions. They have dreams, they work hard and they overcome failures. Goliath was the reigning champion (vv 4, 23), but David was the real champion. Goliath was naturally big, tall, strong, but David cut him down to size.

What makes a person a true champion? A champion trains in his spare time; he is tenacious in the course and his trust is in the Lord.

If you would like to read more please feel free to click on the image below to visit the blog page Image

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Super Moderator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 1:54 pm » by TheDuck

Ps. just to add, I haven't read the bible but I don't fear its words either, words are words take from them what you will...

And in the spirit of the great Oto "That is all" :pray: :alien51:

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 2:59 pm » by Iamthatiam

Great post Duck :cheers:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Initiate

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 3:04 pm » by Ademu

Cool post Duck :flop:

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 3:07 pm » by Iamthatiam

Giant minds behind unfortunate bodies! :D

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Super Moderator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 3:33 pm » by TheDuck

Cheers guys, I think they let that guy with the springy legs race then when he won they disqualified him as they said he had an 'unfair advantage'

Just some useless info lolz

I'de also like to add, I love quotations and have recently installed something called adlese with blocks all these adds to buy bs you don't want, now they are replaced with random quotations which is awesome.

Here's one that was on an add on the front page a min ago...

"To accept good advice is but to increase one’s own ability."

I probably shouldn't advertise this as this site is run by add clicks apparently :peep:

But yeah I can't help myself when it comes to mind expansion and the like :mrgreen:

Ps @iamthatiam I haven't spoken to you yet but from what I can tell I would just like to say you seem like a 'rare bear', which is cool, keep it real dude :flop:

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 3:48 pm » by Iamthatiam

theduck wrote:Ps @iamthatiam I haven't spoken to you yet but from what I can tell I would just like to say you seem like a 'rare bear', which is cool, keep it real dude :flop:

TNX mate...coming from you its really something...(My day is done :D )

BTW....looks like you will be our next Conspiracy General soon....Im sure you are up to the task...with or without the MOD status :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 3:57 pm » by TheDuck

iamthatiam wrote:
theduck wrote:Ps @iamthatiam I haven't spoken to you yet but from what I can tell I would just like to say you seem like a 'rare bear', which is cool, keep it real dude :flop:

TNX mate...coming from you its really something...(My day is done :D )

BTW....looks like you will be our next Conspiracy General soon....Im sure you are up to the task...with or without the MOD status :cheers:

Haha nah man there's only one General :cry:

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 4:05 pm » by Iamthatiam

theduck wrote:Haha nah man there's only one General :cry:

Too bad i didnt have time enough to be knowing him better :(

But im sure Doc will be around :flop: :D

Super Moderator

PostWed Apr 06, 2011 4:22 pm » by TheDuck

He'll be around man I'm sure of it.

Ps Doc was the only one to ever be granted General status.

Next