Changing the world as you know it.

Initiate

PostFri Apr 09, 2010 2:01 am » by Aquarius

It's so easy to sit back and from a distance analyze everything. We sit and wait and wonder what will happen, without playing our hand. We are all smart educated people in our own right, why therefore do we feel so small and inferior to our governments and leaders whom we place in the thrones of power. I'm sure all of us would like to see a change in our world. But like me, it is either too inconvenient to attempt or too scary. In the backs of our minds, conformity equates to comfort. There is no real attraction to rebelling. Fear is everywhere. But I have news for you, news that will really get you thinking. News for you, the individual. You can change your world, it's not as hard as you think, and it's not as scary as one would have you believe. All you have to do is take that 1st step. You will realize that it wasn't so hard, or scary. In fact, it was enjoyable. Enough so that you decide to take that 2nd step. Before you know it, you will find yourself making contact with like minded people, some as full of wonder as yourself, some, with what you believe to be, all the answers. Eventually your life will take a different road. No longer will you find comfort in the usual daily exercises that once ruled your life. Now excitement in what you are doing substitutes the lust of everyday pleasures. The hunger for knowledge keeps the concentration levels spiking, the feeling that you are doing something worth while gives you a sense of purpose. No longer will you feel lost, ever. Eventually you will catch yourself, reflect on your transition, and wonder why it took so long, why you were so afraid. All you needed was to have a little faith in yourself. Some people have already made this transition. I'd like to hear about it, it may help inspire somebody. All it takes is to touch one soul for it to be worth while.

What did I do? Not much really. I knew I needed to change something, soI gave up smoking. After almost 8 weeks I now consider myself addiction free. Yes I could easily smoke again, but I'd consider myself too dumb to enjoy it, if you catch my drift. It was a 1st step, and I like it. It not only reinvigorates my body, but my soul too. Things begin to change around me and in me. Work gets less stressful, sex becomes better, breathing is more fun. My 2nd step, I now live without TV. I feel now I can savor life more, and I have been. Small steps people. That's all it takes, honestly you will see what I mean. And you know what to do, none of you are stupid. You can choose to ignore it and continue along your chosen path, or you can do it.
God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 09, 2010 2:42 am » by Mediasorcerer

fukin kudos to you brother,good stuff,i hear ya,and this forum is a place of change and growth,sometimes its not all pleasant,but what catalyst usually is i say,heres to you and heres to dtv in general,and all the good souls here within,i say thanks to my brothers and sisters for all the wisdom i get,if i may say to you all,go easy on yourselves,be forgiving,as nothing is perfect,its always ongoing,there is no "there' so to speak,before enlightenment,chop wood carry water,after enlightenment ,chop wood carry water.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 09, 2010 2:46 am » by Lucidlemondrop

mediasorcerer wrote:fukin kudos to you brother,good stuff,i hear ya,and this forum is a place of change and growth,sometimes its not all pleasant,but what catalyst usually is i say,heres to you and heres to dtv in general,and all the good souls here within,i say thanks to my brothers and sisters for all the wisdom i get,if i may say to you all,go easy on yourselves,be forgiving,as nothing is perfect,its always ongoing,there is no "there' so to speak,before enlightenment,chop wood carry water,after enlightenment ,chop wood carry water.

Words of Wisdom..............

:flop:
What a long strange trip it's been..............