Chemical Fire Causes Explosions At OKC Plant

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 8:48 pm » by Evildweeb

This is happening right now 7 blocks north of me...I can see the smoke pouring over the buildings and the news choppers are swarming....HAZMAT is on scene....more later......

Chemical Fire Causes Explosions At OKC Plant

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 1:21 PM CDT
By News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -

Thick, black smoke billowed into the air as Oklahoma City firefighters struggled to put out a three-alarm fire at a chemical plant near Interstate 35 and S.E. 25th Street.

The fire started around 1 p.m. at Bachman Services in the 2200 block of the S. I-35 Service Road. It originally came out as a forklift on fire, but when crews arrived they discovered a building was engulfed in flames.

Between 60 and 70 firefighters fought the flames. There were reports of small explosions from inside the building. Bachman Services is a supplier of oilfield specialty chemicals, and there are hazardous materials inside the building.

http://www.news9.com/story/19100655/chemical-fire-on

[EDIT @ 1400 CDT US]

THESE JUST IN......................

Buildings have been evacuated, no injuries reported so far..................

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 9:25 pm » by Evildweeb

Upgraded from 3-alarm to 4-alarm, the smoke plumes are identified as toxic........

Four-Alarm Fire At Chemical Plant

OKLAHOMA CITY -

Oklahoma City firefighters struggled Tuesday afternoon to prevent a four-alarm fire from spreading from a chemical plant to nearby businesses.

Thick, black smoke billowed into the air as fire crews struggled to fight the flames at Bachman Services near Interstate 35 and S.E. 25th Street. The fire started around 1 p.m. in the 2200 block of the S. I-35 Service Road. The call originally came out as a forklift on fire, but when crews arrived they discovered a building was engulfed in flames.

Between 60 and 70 firefighters fought the flames. There were reports of small explosions from inside the building. Bachman Services is a supplier of oilfield specialty chemicals, and there are hazardous materials inside the building.

Firefighters evacuated Bachman Services and Horizon Hydraulics, a company that sits next door. No one was injured in the fire or during the evacuations.

Oklahoma City Fire Chief Brian Stanaland told News 9 the fire had not spread to Horizon Hydraulics, but the building was evacuated for the safety of the employees.

Although the wind blew the smoke plume to the south, traffic on nearby I-35 was not affected. Oklahoma City police and fire departments did urge people to stay out of the area while crews battled the fire.

The American Red Cross is at the scene, providing firefighters with water and snacks. Volunteers say it's important for the firefighters to stay hydrated, especially in this intense heat.

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 9:46 pm » by Evildweeb

Latest report states the facility produces Triazine:

Triazine

Not to be confused with triazene.
The three isomers of triazine, with ring numbering

A triazine is one of three organic chemicals, isomeric with each other, whose molecular formula is C3H3N3 and whose empirical formula is CHN.

Uses

The best known 1,3,5-triazine derivative is melamine with three amino substituents used in the manufacture of resins. Another triazine extensively used in resins is benzoguanamine. Triazine compounds are often used as the basis for various herbicides such as cyanuric chloride (2,4,6-trichloro-1,3,5-triazine). Chlorine-substituted triazines are also used as reactive dyes. These compounds react through a chlorine group with hydroxyl groups present in cellulose fibres in nucleophilic substitution, the other triazine positions contain chromophores. Mixtures of Triazines and water are also used to remove H2S from natural gas.

A series of 1,2,4-triazine derivatives known as BTPs have been considered in the liquid-liquid extraction community as possible extractants for use in the advanced nuclear reprocessing of used fuel.[1][2][3][4][5] BTPs are molecules containing a pyridine ring bonded to two 1,2,4-triazin-3-yl groups.

Triazine-based molecules have been used as bridging ligands to bind three dinuclear arene ruthenium (or osmium) compounds to form metallaprisms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triazine

Evacuations have started up to almost 2 miles in circumference.

So far I am not in the path as the northerly winds are pushing it the other way.

More when it comes up................

cheers

:cheers:

Writer

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 10:01 pm » by Themillz

Moore, OK here. Not good

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 10:03 pm » by Evildweeb

Themillz wrote:Moore, OK here. Not good

Cool Millz and :hiho:

Yer right down the road from me.....lol :flop:

Cheers, will keep up the watch

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 10:06 pm » by Evildweeb

Just upgraded to 5-alarm @ 1500 CDT.

OKC Firefighters Battle Five-Alarm Fire At Chemical Plant

Their explanation is because of the extreme heat index requiring more firefighters to rest our buddies who are getting their asses kicked out there.

Back for more in a bit............

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 11:09 pm » by Evildweeb

The local news (News9) just broke into their programming (probably because I bitched about them going off the air with the story...lol) that the Fire Chief has called it out, no one was injured, and all of the firefighters are safe because they wore their contamination suits.

If later they find out anyone had been contaminated, they will utilize DECON. Take that for what it looks like.

We lucked out. The winds were at or over 20 mph from the SSW to the north. Had it been no wind, there would be a completely different story here.

Thanks to all for bearing with this little indiscretion of posting, but this could have been much much worse.

Cheers buddies, all ok here so far.......nothing to see here (yet).