Children aged ten held by police for 'being naughty'

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 pm » by Noentry

Primary school children could be risking a criminal record for simply 'being naughty', after figures showed 2,000 were arrested last year.

A total of 2,117 children aged ten and 11 – almost six a day – were detained in England and Wales in 2011, the Howard League for Penal Reform said today.

Chief executive Frances Cook warned: 'Children who get into trouble are more often than not just being challenging teenagers and how we respond to this nuisance behaviour could make a difference for the rest of their lives.

'An arrest can blight a life and lead to a criminal record for just being naughty. Only a handful of children are involved in more serious incidents and they usually suffer from neglect, abuse or mental health issues.'

The charity added: 'A commitment to public safety means treating them as vulnerable children and making sure they get the help they need to mature into law-abiding citizens.'

Police arrested a total of 209,450 under-18s last year, down from 315,923 in 2008, the charity said.

A total of 347 children, some as young as 11, have been held in police cells under the mental health act, a freedom of information request by the BBC revealed.

The Association of Chief Police Officers said: 'Detentions of both children and adults in custody are reviewed regularly to ensure they are being held in accordance with the law and not for any longer than required for police investigations.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/919622-chil ... z2E6yXOhdj

WTF is going on?
Children held in police cells under the mental health act for being naughty.
Is this acceptable or another move by tptb to delve deeper into our lives?
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 6:49 am » by Malogg

Shameful stuff

Children locked up WTF is this world coming to FFS
HAHA Image

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 6:56 am » by Kaarmaa

That could bring up the debate whether or not parents should punish their children. I'd rather hit my child than see him behind bars.

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 7:19 am » by The57ironman

...a time out is all that is necessary.... :peep:

.....you can educate the ignorant...but there's no fk'n helping the stupid.

Initiate

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 8:25 am » by DmoniX_The_Destroyer

I don't mind seeing the police are disciplining children. The age of "political correctness" brought about no repercussions for children, corporal punishment got banned at home and schools, leaving children with no consequences for their actions. And that is the "problem" with today's youth (IMO). "Go to your room without supper" or "You're suspended from School", what do these punishments teach children about anything??

Sad state of the World.
Oh I know I'm goin to Hell, I'm just working on how deep.

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 am » by Slith

Arresting 10 year olds. Ya gotta be f'kn kidding me. That's illegal on all counts

Find another way

I'm just here for the popcorn Image