Children and Ghosts...

Initiate

PostSun May 17, 2009 3:56 am » by Snake Plissken

In my experience of ghostly encounters, it seems that i witnessed more oddities when i was younger. As we speak, my little sisters kid is telling us about 'the man who stands in his bedroom and makes lots of noise'!

Why is it do you think that children and young adults seem to be more open to ghosts and spirits? Is it just that they are too young to understand what they are really seeing? Or are children more open to the spirit world?

What do you think?
"The more things change the more they stay the same..."

Conspirator

PostSun May 17, 2009 5:05 am » by Ghost32

When I was in my teens I remember waking up suddenly in my bed and seeing a shadowy figure in the corner of my rooms that looked like it was praying. Also we have all heard stories of children having imaginary friends that we dont see but they do and can describe them with alot of detail and many times tell you their names. I think younger people are open to these things!

viggerz

PostSun May 17, 2009 8:25 am » by viggerz

When i was young i saw a native indian with my great grandad. They smiled at me and i went to sleep.

PostSun May 17, 2009 8:49 am » by Oddi

I believe the reason is that when you are a kid you are free and sees the world as it is but when you grow up you loose your freedom.

You learn a new way of thinking the day you start at school like 1+1 = 2 and if you tell anyone that you have psychic abilities you get laughed at or feared by people that don't understand it.

PostTue May 26, 2009 3:46 am » by Itsureis

Children are more open to the idea of ghosts definitely,both my kids have told me of their own experiences and I have no reason to doubt them.

Initiate

PostTue May 26, 2009 9:28 am » by Snake Plissken

Cheers for the posts amigos! :wink:

This subject really interests me, i know why little sisters son is always telling us about things he can see that we cant, people he sees in the flat that he is genuinely scared by as he says that often he thinks its his mom that he sees, but turns out to be the figure of someone else, who then dissappears when he looks back.

Its really fascinating to here what he has to say as he is only 6 years old! :wink:

Initiate

PostTue May 26, 2009 11:09 am » by Esoteric

hello everybody,

i don't know whether "ghost" are real or not. what i do know is that the facinating human mind works in mysterious ways, by wich it often fools itself. i've had many experiences thinking i've seen or heard something but turned out to be a false interpetation of perception and other forms of information processing by the brain, when i've used drugs this happens easily and its called halucinating. but whitout drugs we do this all the time but on a much smaller scale.

children are still more imaginarie then adults and they have a smaller concept of reality and how things work, which makes them deceptable for their own brains deceptions.

Conspirator

PostTue May 26, 2009 11:44 am » by Drextin

Snake,
Yes children have active imaginations and blah blah blah.

I myself think children see more than adults can. As we get older the conditioning kicks in. Imagination and belief is replaced with responsibility and anxiety.

Maybe the parts of the brain that allows for children to see or be more sensitive to certain things dulls over time.

I also believe animals are more sensitive as well.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Writer

PostFri Oct 02, 2009 12:50 am » by Inferi

When my niece was younger, she used to see my great grandparents.

Also, I think the reason why kids are more susceptible to seeing spirits is because we all have the ability to see them, just kids haven't been told (yet) that it's all in their head. That and they don't have the stress of everyday adult life gnawing down on them.

That and someone mentioned freedom, and that's a good way to explain it. Children's minds are free.
It's times like this that you crave the strange.
It helps make the world make more sense.
It makes the crazy normal, and the unreal real.
Because, without it, all you've got left is reality.

Initiate

PostFri Oct 02, 2009 12:59 am » by Snake Plissken

I wonder if there was ever a military Project that explored the concept of kids being able to see things we cant? Creepy... :nails: