Chinese Girls Commit Suicide While Attempting Time Travel

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 7:12 pm » by Savwafair2012

Girl Wanted To Make Film With Emperor A pair of schoolgirls in China committed suicide as part of a joint pact to travel back in time, and Chinese officials are blaming a TV series for leading them astray.

Fifth grade classmates Xiao Mei and Xiao Hua killed themselves by drowning in a swimming pool on Thursday in eastern China's Fujian province, reports the Chinese paper People's Daily Online.

Earlier that afternoon Xiao Mei reportedly lost a remote control at her home and, rather than face her parents, enlisted her friend Xiao Hua to commit suicide with her.

Reportedly inspired by a television series featuring time travel, the girls believed they would be able to go back in time once they died. In a suicide note, Xiao Mei wrote that she planned to make a movie with an ancient emperor.

"In my life, I have two secret wishes. One is to time-travel back to Qing Dynasty and shoot a film with the emperor, and the other is to travel to outer space," she wrote.

People's Daily Online reports that China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television banned shows with similar themes from airing during primetime.

However, American media outlets such as the Wall Street Journal warn that these local reports may be skewed by the Chinese government, which has taken a disliking to fantasy shows that suggest times gone by were better for the Chinese people.

http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/Two- ... 38827.html
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Initiate

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 7:20 pm » by Soulofgoa604

Interesting. Sucks for the girl.