Chinese Web Police Target Free Speech Website

maleman

PostSat Mar 21, 2009 1:44 am » by maleman

Interesting post...

While the government does conspire in land-grabs, the property they take is not owned by the farmers. All property in China is owned by the state and is under control of the state. In most cases, really most cases. Farmers and tenants of property are usually well compensated for being displaced. Usually, the ones who feel the wrath of the police and private security are the ones who hold out for more money and are usually in the minority, while the reports never mention the other 90% of displaced tenants who have happily, and I do mean happily take the compensation for the displacement. In a situation like this, say, about 10 acres are taken for development, about 50 folks will be displaced. They will receive some monetary compensation but will also receive at least two apartments in the communities that are being built. These are far, far better living standards that they had previously. Really, no more pooping in the outhouse. Each family will then move into the apartment and rent out the other apartment, which provides at least an equal amount of income as the farming will have produced...without the work. So most of the folks are quite happy to take the deal. I been living here for nearly three years and this is the way it goes. Most farmers or folks in suburban areas really do hope that their land will be used for development, as they'll be on "easy street".

Remember, there are nearly two BILLION people here and the number of people who are "wronged" or the amount of internet police is absolutely miniscule in comparison. Oh, and it's their country, so I've learned to "butt out" of their business. They've been around for about 5,000 years. Police-state control is just a hiccup in their time-line.

Initiate

PostSat Mar 21, 2009 2:12 am » by Kyo121

maleman wrote:Interesting post...

While the government does conspire in land-grabs, the property they take is not owned by the farmers. All property in China is owned by the state and is under control of the state. In most cases, really most cases. Farmers and tenants of property are usually well compensated for being displaced. Usually, the ones who feel the wrath of the police and private security are the ones who hold out for more money and are usually in the minority, while the reports never mention the other 90% of displaced tenants who have happily, and I do mean happily take the compensation for the displacement. In a situation like this, say, about 10 acres are taken for development, about 50 folks will be displaced. They will receive some monetary compensation but will also receive at least two apartments in the communities that are being built. These are far, far better living standards that they had previously. Really, no more pooping in the outhouse. Each family will then move into the apartment and rent out the other apartment, which provides at least an equal amount of income as the farming will have produced...without the work. So most of the folks are quite happy to take the deal. I been living here for nearly three years and this is the way it goes. Most farmers or folks in suburban areas really do hope that their land will be used for development, as they'll be on "easy street".

Remember, there are nearly two BILLION people here and the number of people who are "wronged" or the amount of internet police is absolutely miniscule in comparison. Oh, and it's their country, so I've learned to "butt out" of their business. They've been around for about 5,000 years. Police-state control is just a hiccup in their time-line.

no real offense to you but you speak like someone who've never went through such an experience as losing your land, your lands are NEVER EVER EVER well compensated. The people who consider it well compensated have no idea the value of their land, and it's usually land they've owned for generations after generation BEFORE the current government came into existance, i respect your opinion but until you've been in the same situation i ask you not judge those farmers.

maleman

PostSun Mar 22, 2009 10:56 am » by maleman

I don't have to judge... My wife's family is Nongminger....

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 22, 2009 11:41 am » by Drextin

maleman wrote:I don't have to judge... My wife's family is Nongminger....

This not a hiccup. It is a communist country that sets about to control the minds of it's people with intimidation and human rights violations under the guise of preserving China's wonderful heritage. Something that is so absurd considering that ancient China was known for it's beautiful art and philosophy something that could never have thrived under a regime such as the one today.

When a government will so freely mow down it's youth for questioning the sinister tactics used to oppress the people and have the nerve to never issue a semblance of an apology and will rattle it's sabers at any country that dares call them out on it.........that is a government that will NEVER have it's people's best interest at heart.

Sorry but I am highly offended that anyone would think it reasonable to justify anything China does in regards to it's people. Plus that fact that you are not from there and are not one of the people whether your wife is or not makes it even more infuriating.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 22, 2009 1:25 pm » by bugmenot

:peep: yes and the western goverments hate the web too they want control of what you see hear think feel.