Conspirator

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 2:15 am » by Evildweeb

Christian comedy blues

Upload to Disclose.tv

Pat Condell

Published on Jan 9, 2014

Jesus wept.

Christian comedy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christia...

The Christian Comedy Association
http://christiancomedyassociation.com

You can download an audio version of this video at
http://patcondell.libsyn.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7WANGe_dvI

Living south of Kansas and north of Texas pretty much puts me in the middle of fu(king nowhere.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 3:19 am » by Thebluecanary

In my mind, Jesus would find "christian comedy" as lame and distasteful as I imagine he would find "christian music".

I like this smartass British guy. He's insightful.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 3:38 am » by Spock

I actually like this guy, but he just proved he doesn't understand what being Christian is about.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 4:36 am » by Thebluecanary

Spock wrote:I actually like this guy, but he just proved he doesn't understand what being Christian is about.

I disagree with his snark, and I certainly disagree about Jesus not having a sense of humor.

I share his annoyance at the desire to stick "christian" in front of everything and call it better, especially when "christian" things are squeaky clean lame things that cause people to roll their eyes though. I find that the more someone has to proclaim themselves CHRISTIAN by wearing t-shirts and using bumper stickers that have Bible verses on them, reading only fluffy Christian books, listening only to Christian music, etc, etc, the less I want to be around them. Because they seem to be the ones whose faith is shaky, if being exposed to something that isn't constantly proclaiming christianity might knock them off the path.

I think it's counterproductive for human relations. People (myself being one of them a lot of the time) cringe and hesitate to identify themselves as "christian" because they fear being lumped in with the lilly livered Flanderses of the world who see "satan" as a euphemism for individual intelligent thought.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 5:00 am » by Chaindrive

Thats why they say threres three things you DONT want to talk about... 1 politics, 2 religion and 3, well.. #3 changes as often as a hooker changes her underwear.. and hell who knows what land mine are you gonna to be stepping on from day to day..

Seriously..... name me at least 2 christian comedians on the circuit today, been on any late night show... any show for that matter thats not a religious channel.? I cant..

And I agree Blue.. they WOULD be extremely lame.. just as lame as "why did the man throw the clock out the window?".... wanna to see time fly." or "Why did the man put the car in the oven.?... Because the cake was in the garage." :hmmm:

In fact I dont know any christian jokes at all. and if there was it couldnt even fill a crib notebook cause itll have a lot of empty pages in it..

NOW... you wanna mention comedians telling religious jokes.. then thats different there TONS of them...

I'll start...

Two nuns walk into a biker bar................ :lol:

The wannabe christians are just as dangerous as the hard core cultist... resulting in a 92% probability that a fight / argument WILL happen.. Like I said... you might as well talk to a toaster,, youll have a more constructive conversation.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 5:32 am » by Evildweeb

Thebluecanary wrote:In my mind, Jesus would find "christian comedy" as lame and distasteful as I imagine he would find "christian music".

Hiya BC and thx.

I am sure many folks will pull out the guns and knives over Pat Condell.

I don't care about his politics, I don't care about his "orientation", and I damn sure don't care about any systemic background information - I just don't fuc#ing care.

BUT ----

He does have a solid POV, and he ain't afraid to spill that on everyone.

He's sort of an equal opportunity Piss You Offer If You Cant play.

LOL

I would pay MORE to see a comedian slamming religion before I would ever give a copper penny to a Christian Comedian.

It's sort of a cul-de-sac of the brain kinda thingy.

:flop:

:banana:

:cheers:

Living south of Kansas and north of Texas pretty much puts me in the middle of fu(king nowhere.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 7:08 am » by Thebluecanary

Evildweeb wrote:
Thebluecanary wrote:In my mind, Jesus would find "christian comedy" as lame and distasteful as I imagine he would find "christian music".

Hiya BC and thx.

I am sure many folks will pull out the guns and knives over Pat Condell.

I don't care about his politics, I don't care about his "orientation", and I damn sure don't care about any systemic background information - I just don't fuc#ing care.

BUT ----

He does have a solid POV, and he ain't afraid to spill that on everyone.

He's sort of an equal opportunity Piss You Offer If You Cant play.

LOL

I would pay MORE to see a comedian slamming religion before I would ever give a copper penny to a Christian Comedian.

It's sort of a cul-de-sac of the brain kinda thingy.

:flop:

:banana:

:cheers:

I like that "sacred cows make the best hamburgers" sort of approach. Just about everything we know is a human construct, and our existence itself makes for great comedy.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Initiate

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 9:48 am » by Naranja

I hate how you cant search for "dinosaurs coexisting with man" without being subjected to christian propaganda.
You dont own that theory!

Initiate

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 9:57 am » by TorJohnson

Naranja wrote:I hate how you cant search for "dinosaurs coexisting with man" without being subjected to christian propaganda.

Or search for mound builders... INSTANT NEPHILIM LA MARZULLI WATCHERS ARE COMING BUY MY BOOK NIBIRUUUUUU

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 6:05 pm » by Thebluecanary

TorJohnson wrote:
Naranja wrote:I hate how you cant search for "dinosaurs coexisting with man" without being subjected to christian propaganda.

Or search for mound builders... INSTANT NEPHILIM LA MARZULLI WATCHERS ARE COMING BUY MY BOOK NIBIRUUUUUU

Or mound builders, because then it becomes "like oh my god you guys the book of Mormon is totally true!"

The manipulation of all that existing anomalous data to further the "proof" of a religious agenda is counterproductive and annoying for the most part. To the point that I always wonder if it's another game of "lets make this shit so completely ridiculous that nobody ever bothers to look deeper into it."
-----Christopher Hyatt

Next