Christmas decoration gets restaurant in trouble

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 02, 2011 3:36 am » by zinzana

A special Christmas promotion aimed at foreigners at a Maldivian restaurant got the restaurant owners into deep trouble.

Islam is the official religion in Maldives and constitutionally, there is only place for Sunni Muslims; practice of other religions is prohibited. Display of other religious symbols attracts police action.

In this case, the restaurant was decorated for Christmas with items related to the celebration.

This led to protests from religious groups such as the Adhaalath Party and the Islamic Foundation of the Maldives, which led to the arrest of one restaurant employee, the independent Maldivian newspaper Minivan News reported.

“Some people gathered and protested against the decorations, because it was like celebrating Christmas,” police spokesman Ahmed Shiyam told AFP. Mr. Shiyam added one restaurant employee was taken in for questioning on Tuesday and later released.

The offending streamers were quickly removed.

The restaurant, Jade Bistro, located in front of the busy main street of Male, Boduthakurufaanu Magu, just fronting jetty Number 8, is popular for its selection of food from abroad and free wi-fi and, hence, like everything in Maldives, a trifle expensive. Jade is open throughout even during the afternoon prayers, says a review at a travel website, IgoUgo.

Management at the Jade Bistro cafe have apologised to Maldivians that may have been offended by a “festive” lunch promotion offered over the Christmas period.

Readers' comments in the Minivan News website ranged from anger to ridicule of its politicians and a few even asked if the Islamic parties would stop such celebrations in the many resort islands. There was also a dash of humour in one: “I do not see what is offensive about food, unless it is cooked very badly!.”

damn and i thought the musslims love jesus

thehindu.com

Initiate

PostSun Jan 02, 2011 5:00 am » by Memccool

that is a crock of shit
Hi, how are you today? Would u like a tall glass of SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!!

Initiate

PostSun Jan 02, 2011 6:28 am » by Animus131

What do you expect from a country that has a news organization called "Minivan"?
If rain brings wind of change, let it rain on us forever

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 02, 2011 8:19 am » by Realorfake

and what... u think muslims hanging their religious icons in the middle of redneck whitetrashland aint gonna draw attention either???

people need to shut the fuck up and realize this shit CAN BE disrespectful... as much as it is their belief...

setting up a KKK vigil in East Harlem aint a fuckin bright idea...

so you religious fuckers who want to be all free and expressive... dont be... shut the fuck up and do it at home... bitches
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 am » by zinzana

whats disrespectful in this whole thing is that they live off those tourists right
christian tourists to be more excat
so if they cant respect eachothers holidays than fuck'em ... boycot this bastards dont go there

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 02, 2011 9:14 am » by zinzana

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 02, 2011 9:18 am » by Mediasorcerer

realorfake wrote:and what... u think muslims hanging their religious icons in the middle of redneck whitetrashland aint gonna draw attention either???

people need to shut the fuck up and realize this shit CAN BE disrespectful... as much as it is their belief...

so you religious fuckers who want to be all free and expressive... dont be... shut the fuck up and do it at home... bitches

good point,
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 02, 2011 9:25 am » by zinzana

how is that a good point that the crybaby's musslims bite the hands that feed tham

oh excuse me i forgot that its their duty to harass non musslims

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who
are near to you, and let them find harshness in you,
and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty"
Qur'an, Sura 9:123
Last edited by zinzana on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 02, 2011 9:39 am » by Mediasorcerer

nobody cares man,its tiresome this whinging about muslims,so there are muslims in the world,get over it,what u want to do,kill all muslims,

its you who do the winging,i dont love muslims,but i dont hate them enuf to bother,

all your really doing is making folks hate you,lol,

anyway,im sorry u dont have better things to do with your time but to try to create more trouble in the world,sad.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 03, 2011 9:39 am » by zinzana

realorfake wrote:and what... u think muslims hanging their religious icons in the middle of redneck whitetrashland aint gonna draw attention either???

Upload to Disclose.tv

well well well...this bitches dont look like rednecks to me at all...maybe kkk i dunno
my point is if they can take over entire streets in the middle of the day in paris
and i assume they do it like every friday...and witth loud speakers and what not
why should a christmas decoration whice is once a year...be a problem for maldives musslims?