cloud computing conspiracy

Initiate

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 6:09 am » by Thedude69

Microsoft has been talking about cloud computing since the late 90's.

The military is a different beast. We are talking general public computing, at least I am.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 6:12 am » by Mrmcnuggets

thedude69 wrote:Microsoft has been talking about cloud computing since the late 90's.

The military is a different beast. We are talking general public computing, at least I am.

You have to remember the military is the general public. Even though most of them think they are in the safe boat, I do not think they will forfeit their rights so willingly.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 6:13 am » by Veentawsh

this is pretty weird news by the way.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 6:19 am » by Epicfailure

this fits the motto:

"If it isn't broken, Fit it!"

Initiate

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 7:40 am » by Thedude69

mrmcnuggets wrote:
thedude69 wrote:Microsoft has been talking about cloud computing since the late 90's.

You have to remember the military is the general public. Even though most of them think they are in the safe boat, I do not think they will forfeit their rights so willingly.

Yes. They need to strike now before the majority of the public becomes tech savvy and realizes what they are losing. At the end of the day they will do what they want. All we can really do is wage a cyberwar which in the end will hurt us because we will foot the bill.

I am glad I was here for the birth of it all and sad I will witness its destruction.

Writer

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 3:55 pm » by Postmodernmonk

i was referring to personal computing....not business or gov't, which is increasingly becoming one and the same...
i think most people would give up having a hard drive in their computer if it lowered the price... if instead of paying $1500 for a comp.... you could get the same functionality, but no hard drive for only $600 most people would jump on it in a heartbeat... despite the fact that cloud service fees would probably end up costing more in the long run...
i think that is one more reason companies are pushing cloud... because then they get to charge you for file and data storage, which with a hard drive is free...

Previous