cloud computing conspiracy

Writer

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 12:57 am » by Postmodernmonk

cnn had an article today about paul mccartney (an elitist shill) having his entire audio and visual library digitized by hewlitt-packard and having it stored on their "cloud "system:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/06/15/ ... &hpt=hp_c2

i found it funny that when i clicked on the article, the top ad was for samsung's new web only notebook. essentially a notebook without a hard drive, where everything is stored on their "cloud"...

how long before all computers are hard drive free forcing everyone to store their files in the "cloud"

i read another article, unfortunately i don't remember where, in which a leader in the computer industry said the ultimate goal was that no one would posess actual copies of any of their files...

upon reading amazon.com's terms of use for their cloud system they state: "You give us the right to access, retain, use and disclose your account information and Your Files... as we determine is necessary to provide the Service or comply with applicable law. "

they also state: "We do not guarantee that Your Files will not be subject to misappropriation, loss or damage and we will not be liable if they are. "

so basically they don't need to keep your files secure, and they can give your files to whomever they choose(read government), and can delete any files they deem you shouldn't have...
i again ask ...how long before all computers are hard drive free...and how long after that until owning a private storage device is illegal... after all if you have nothing to hide , you don't need a private hard drive...

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 2:29 am » by Mrmcnuggets

So what are they going to do? Take everyone's computer, I pod, phone,T humb drives, cameras, floppys, CDs, and DVDs away. Good fuckin luck with that one. Probably as much of that shit broken in our dumps or more, as is our homes.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 2:39 am » by Truthisaweap0n

mrmcnuggets wrote:So what are they going to do? Take everyone's computer, I pod, phone,T humb drives, cameras, floppys, CDs, and DVDs away. Good fuckin luck with that one. Probably as much of that shit broken in our dumps or more, as is our homes.

or maybe something causes our storage devices to crap out all at the same time... yet the 'cloud' will still be protected, and boasted as the savior for those 'smart' people that plugged in.

that, or they will make it mandatory if u wanna use facebook... or any other social media site where all ur content will be tied in. that will take care of 90% of the people.

seems they are providing the solution first... geee, i cant wait for the problem..... hmmm...

Initiate

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 2:52 am » by FullDisclosure

truthisaweap0n wrote:or maybe something causes our storage devices to crap out all at the same time... yet the 'cloud' will still be protected, and boasted as the savior for those 'smart' people that plugged in.

You're saying the cloud would be immune to 'crapping out' like any other man-made device? You're saying groups like Anonymous couldn't raise hell in a cloud?

:badair: :nope:

The problem with a 'cloud only' model would be with reliability and bandwidth, if everyone was forced to use it there would be extreme lag and latency issues. Not to mention when the thing needs server maintenance.

I try not to troll, but sometimes people just fucking deserve it.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 3:05 am » by Mrmcnuggets

And every one would be connected to each other, weather they like it or not. Unless an emp went off and took out all built known electronics, which would take us hundreds of years to get back to this point. There's no way they can simply wipe out all hard drives, back ups, and data hold ing devices.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

Upload to Disclose.tv

Writer

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 5:06 am » by Postmodernmonk

i never said they would wipe them out...
but they could ban their manufacture...and stop putting them into devices...under say the cause of national security...so that all files could be scanned to prevent the spread of information which could be used by "terrorists"...or with some sort of green initiative to stop all those nasty hard drives from ending up in landfills...
eventually all hard drives die...
and how difficult would it be for them to detect who is storing information on a personal hard drive? and send some sort of signal to fry the device?
... i'm not saying that this could happen within the next year or so...but it could, little by little over the course of say a decade...especially if "cloud" devices without hard drives were considerably cheaper than those with them...

Writer

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 5:38 am » by Passengerpidgin

businesses won't go for it. they need information on hand and (somewhat) secure communications.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 5:47 am » by Mrmcnuggets

I still do not see anyone who manufactures these products, or the public, or infrastructure to just say yeah let's pool all the info together, and remove our privacy and ownership rights. Even if the companies go, people still contain the knowledge to produce these goods on their own.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 5:52 am » by Thedude69

Piracy is pushing the cloud.

Soon you will be paying as you use. Meaning every Word Doc you make will come with a price tag. 1 cent per word or a flat rate per document.

Cell Phones will power the laptops people use and all software will be on the cloud, not on your hard drive (you wont have hard drive).

http://www.pcworld.com/article/157479/h ... ybrid.html

Right now it is not there yet, but 3-5 years these will be common.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 6:04 am » by Mrmcnuggets

I honestly highly doubt that, and my family is huge in the computer department, from designing, building, programming to graphics. That would mean any one could hack into any one, even a quantum computer cannot deny input orders, and that's the end of it. Location scans and ip addresses are bogus if your a computer genius , video or gps ain't a thing either.

I'll tell you this, the military was so pressed for separate servers they established their own net work(Internet) and no longer have encryptions or icons, it's a desktop witha background, 50 different 'secret windows' all with clearance codes and I'd scans. The military will never share, or eliminate portable data systems. Ever.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Next