Clouds behind the Moon?

Initiate

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 1:39 pm » by Trip

Clouds behind the Moon?

Upload to Disclose.tv

"There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning"

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 4:52 pm » by Shaggietrip

Very interesting. I for one do not think the oldmarine would post hoax or false things on purpose. That said is this one of his own captures? I am not sure what to make of it if it is. Perhaps others maybe able to explain this phenomenon.

:cheers:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Initiate

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 5:16 pm » by Hr2burn

I think in this case the simplest explanation is the the best explanation. Appears the thickest part of clouds block the light coming from the moon, the edges/wispy part of clouds to not block. Maybe I'm wrong and the moon is only 25-30,000 ft within are atmosphere? :shock:
Now I'm nothing...

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 5:26 pm » by Toxic32

When the moon approaches the the lighter cloud formation the brightness of the moon shining through the clouds makes it look as though the cloud is not there. The result being picture framing the moon which gives the elution of a 3D effect fooling your brain into trying to make sense of what it is seeing and the easiest solution is that the clouds are going behind the moon. Smoke and mirrors. The brain is easy to fool.

I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 5:53 pm » by Chronicnerd

*nods*
Agreed...

It is a visual illusion due to the density of the cloud layers vs. the amount of shadow it would cast upon the cloud layers relative to the camera's perspective.

The thicker clouds block the moon 100%...

The middle-thickness (between the thinnest and thickest of the clouds in question) partially blocks the
Moonlight, but tend to have "spotting" from the thicker regions of this cloud density...which in turns blocks light/casts shadows...causing the "lower cloud layers camera to horizon perspective relative" to look darker in spots and the lighter ones to look like they *almost disappear*.

The thinnest cloud layers pretty much vanish in the full moonlight...however light reflection from the "thin" layer when it is "seemingly 'above' the moon" from the camera perspective causes all cloud layers to look "thicker and fluffier...more white"...which gives the perception of "thickness"...

So... the least dense of the cloud layers look "thick" up to the point when the moon light rays are casting almost perpendicular to the moon surface "camera perspective relative". During this time they completely vanish. Then when the moon light rays are casting in a more "downward angle" relative to the camera perspective, they start refracting light and casting shadows which makes the cloud layers appear to "darken"...

There is a wonderful myriad of these different layers mixed in those cloud formations...so... you get this really cool effect...

Very very...cool... nature's way of playing tricks!

:)

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 10:53 pm » by Dagnamski

its true there are clouds behind the moon.. :nails:

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

>>>>>Image

Initiate

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 12:13 am » by dudeman351

Its just a glitch in the matrix. Move along people nothing to see here.

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 3:20 am » by Dagnamski

look up pernubra (if i splelt it wright)
“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

>>>>>Image