CME's- The Sun, Its Happenings, and Potential

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 2:37 am » by Shaggietrip

In hopes that I will have this weekend off. First full weekend all summer.

I am peniciling in the completion of the Sun,Earth lightning series. This I do need to complete. I can not say sorry I have not had time to make vids or update. Why? because I am working. You will see more of that later in a different post.

Skyywatcher88

Upload to Disclose.tv

I am sure more captures like these will be coming out. In near future...

VideoFromSpace

Upload to Disclose.tv

Today/hrs ago
Dr K Strong

Upload to Disclose.tv

Older..DrKStrong but it is relevant to the thread.

Upload to Disclose.tv

I will try to get some good stuff up again. Along with some of my own.

As always I wish all the best. :cheers:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 18, 2012 5:49 am » by Shaggietrip

Found out I am working this weekend. So I took some time tonight to get a late post up. Enjoy...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Skywatcher88

Upload to Disclose.tv

Stay well :cheers:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 18, 2012 6:15 am » by Lucidlemondrop

Thanks, Shaggietrip~

Your effort is appreciated.

I have noticed many people/places picking up on these images and displaying them around, but I still come to this thread for updates.

You be well, as well~~
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Super Moderator

PostSun Aug 19, 2012 1:14 am » by The57ironman

Shaggietrip wrote:In hopes that I will have this weekend off. First full weekend all summer.

I am peniciling in the completion of the Sun,Earth lightning series. This I do need to complete. I can not say sorry I have not had time to make vids or update. Why? because I am working. You will see more of that later in a different post.

.... :headscratch: ...huh..?

Super-rich rush to buy 'Italian Job' style gold bars

Economic uncertainties trigger rush for 12.5kg gold bars, worth about £300,000 each

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 19, 2012 2:12 am » by Shaggietrip

The57ironman wrote:
Shaggietrip wrote:In hopes that I will have this weekend off. First full weekend all summer.

.... :headscratch: ...huh..?

:lol: I have been told I do not make sense more than once now.

Some times I just type. I talk the same way. My wife and kids call it Elvish. My Co-workers call it mumbling.

'Just sayin' :cheers:

Lucidlemondrop wrote:Thanks, Shaggietrip~

Your effort is appreciated.

I have noticed many people/places picking up on these images and displaying them around, but I still come to this thread for updates.

You be well, as well~~

I appreciate your visits and hope they are some what entertaining if not informative. :cheers:

_________

Due to time restraint, I only have others.

Suspicious0bservers

Upload to Disclose.tv

Skywatcher88

Upload to Disclose.tv

Stay well :cheers:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 2:47 am » by Shaggietrip

Skyywatcher88

Upload to Disclose.tv

There has been a bit of activity. Back side. No intentions of neglect on this thread. Circumstances drive free time.

Here is the complete vrs of Earth Sun and Lightning you may have seen already in past in parts. Posting full for those that may want.

Earth Sun and Lightning Full

Upload to Disclose.tv

____

Other interests.

ChipDipvideo41

Upload to Disclose.tv

Uploaded by NewGuardNetwork

Upload to Disclose.tv

Stay well :sunny:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 3:25 am » by Shaggietrip

No math or data today. Just some visuals from me.

Upload to Disclose.tv

______

Aurora Forecast for Thursday, August 23, 2012

Moderate: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forecast: Auroral activity will be moderate. Weather permitting, moderate displays will be visible overhead from Inuvik, Yellowknife, Rankin, and Igaluit to as far south as Whitehorse, Ft. McMurray, James Bay and visible low on the horizon as far south as Prince Rupert, Calgary, Minot, Bemidji, Stevens Point, Traverse City and Quebec City, Canada.

Source: http://www.gi.alaska.edu/AuroraForecast/NorthAmerica/2012/08/23

:cheers:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 5:36 pm » by Shaggietrip

The Sun Has been a bit quiet lately. That may all change with 1555 coming around the East Limb.

We may be in for some action in the next few days.

But this Million km filament [approximate size] is just spectacular. Lets hope this does not lift while it is facing Earth.

"Filaments are formed in magnetic loops that hold relatively cool, dense gas suspended above the surface of the Sun," explains Hathaway. "When you look down on top of them they appear dark because the gas inside is cool compared to the hot photosphere below. But when we see a filament in profile against the dark sky it looks like a giant glowing loop -- these are called prominences and they can be spectacular."

"Filaments collapse when the magnetic field in their vicinity becomes unstable," explained Hathaway. "This could happen, for example, if new magnetic field lines begin to poke through the Sun's surface beneath the filament." The resulting explosions, which often occur well away from spotted regions, are called Hyder flares, named for Charles Hyder, who published studies of such events in 1967.
Source: http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2000/ast13sep_1/

Here is an example of a nice sized one lifting.

solarcradle

Upload to Disclose.tv

Here are a few updates from others...

Skyywatcher88

Upload to Disclose.tv

DrKStrong

Upload to Disclose.tv

Suspicious0bservers

Upload to Disclose.tv

:cheers:
ImageImage

Writer

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 7:03 pm » by dollar short

Great thread Shag!

Did U start one on what we should do in case of the level Kong CME?

i did a search and either my poor choice of words for the search or there is not much out there.

I recollect that I heard/or read that telegrah wires work without power and coins heated up when the last big one hit in the 19th century but again cannot find much on the web about it. So i cannot verify that either.

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 7:15 pm » by Lucidlemondrop

This video is in the spirit of the thread, if not in form!

Upload to Disclose.tv

What a long strange trip it's been..............

PreviousNext