CME's- The Sun, Its Happenings, and Potential

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 4:25 am » by Shaggietrip

I am having thoughts of researching other things of interest dealing with the Sun during its "slow" times. If you have any items of interest post them. I will consider them and will try to help in one way or another.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Stay well Dtv :cheers:
ImageImage[img]

Remember when a Harp was a good thing.

Initiate

PostSat Sep 22, 2012 12:33 pm » by Bosb33r

Sun Sunspots 2012-09-22. :banana: :dancing: :banana: :cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 24, 2012 11:54 pm » by Shaggietrip

Bosb33r wrote:Sun Sunspots 2012-09-22. :banana: :dancing: :banana: :cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Another fantastic video. I am amazed you can get such great shots! Thank you for posting :flop:

_______

No mind set for a video. only a C1.8 today that is of any interest but from the backside of the eastern limb.

I was jumping around reading and watching some things. Posting some of what I was catching up on. Mainly mag field lines of the sun

Would love to see the CME's and loops from this baby. This info may have been posted before in another thread. My search came up empty though.

The most magnetic massive star seen yet is dragging a giant cloak of trapped charged particles around it.

This newly discovered star, NGC 1624-2, could help shed light on what role the magnetism of stars plays in the evolution of stars and their galaxies.

NGC 1624-2, which lies about 20,000 light-years from Earth in the constellation Perseus, has about 35 times the sun's mass. Its hefty mass gives it plenty of fuel, making it bright and hot and thus likely to burn out relatively quickly after a lifetime of about 5 million years, or one-tenth of 1 percent of the sun's current age at midlife.

This massive star possesses a magnetic field 20,000 times stronger than the sun's and nearly 10 times stronger than that detected around any other high-mass star.

"Magnetic fields of this strength are extremely rare — they are only known to exist in a few other stars of much lower mass," study lead author Gregg Wade, an astronomer at the Royal Military College of Canada, told SPACE.com.

cont.

Full read and Source: http://www.space.com/17596-most-magneti ... vered.html

The title is a bit misleading.

sn1pe352

Upload to Disclose.tv

Unlike tornadoes on Earth, which are powered by differences in temperature and humidity, the twisters on the sun are a combination of hot flowing gas and tangled magnetic field lines, ultimately driven by nuclear reactions in the solar core. [How Sun Tornadoes Work (Infographic)]

At the surface, or photosphere, cooled plasma sinks toward the interior like water running down the bathtub drain, creating vortexes that magnetic field lines are forced to follow. The lines stretch upward into the chromosphere, where they continue to spiral.

But while the hot gas at the surface drives the movement of the magnetic field, in the chromosphere it is the field lines that force the hot gas to spiral, creating the swirls that appear similar to tornadoes on Earth.

"The resulting funnel is narrow at the bottom and widens with height in the atmosphere," lead scientist Sven Wedemeyer-Böhm, of the University of Oslo in Norway, told SPACE.com by email.

Spinning at thousands of miles per hour, the tornadoes vary in size, with diameters ranging from 930 to 3,500 miles (1,500 to 5,550 kilometers). Some of these giant solar twisters extend all the up in to the lower portion of the sun's upper atmosphere (called the corona, the researchers said.

"Based on the detected events, we estimate that at least 11,000 swirls are present on the sun at all times," Wedemeyer-Böhm said.

Full Read and Source: http://www.space.com/16325-sun-tornado-solar-twisters.html

Upload to Disclose.tv

_________

MrAstralwalker

Upload to Disclose.tv

:cheers:
ImageImage[img]

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 12:41 am » by Shaggietrip

This is more aimed at the 23rd, Posting due to great production info ect.

Trudi Kay

Upload to Disclose.tv

From me nothing. Observing. Was almost going to make a prediction but am thinking otherwise. Hate to ruin my %. Enjoy you day...will be posting in next within 48 hrs give or take.

:cheers:
ImageImage[img]

Super Moderator

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 am » by The57ironman

.....i've been meaning to give ya' a :cheers: shaggie.....good stuff , still...... :flop:

Super Moderator

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 5:24 pm » by The57ironman

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 12:29 am » by Shaggietrip

The57ironman wrote:.

.....i've been meaning to give ya' a :cheers: shaggie.....good stuff , still...... :flop:

:flop: Thanks man, Thank you for the later post also. With what time I have free any help on posts are appreciated. :cheers:

________

Does not look like work is letting up so no video from me. I do apologize for those that enjoy my videos even though they are a bit novice.I will post others updates. Work 12hrs so 3hrs of video production is not in my schedule.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:41 pm
Was almost going to make a prediction but am thinking otherwise. Hate to ruin my %. Enjoy you day...will be posting in next within 48 hrs give or take.

Eruption Around 1577 / CME heading this way
Another eruption, this time a long duration C3.7 event took place around region 1577 at 23:55 UTC Thursday evening. A bright and Earth directed Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) was produced and could reach our planet by September 29th or 30th [CME Track]. Geomagnetic Storming will be possible once the plasma cloud sweeps past our planet and this could lead to visible Aurora at high latitudes. Proton Levels soon after the event did reach the S1 Minor Radiation Storm level, but have since dropped below the S1 threshold.

Link to full animated cygnet: http://www.solarham.net/cmewatch2.htm

Source: http://www.solarham.net/

I was pretty close on that one. But I did add the give or take. :flop:

Here is a good updates with some info and Aurora info, seeings how i am to lazy to make one.

Upload to Disclose.tv

SolarWatcher

Upload to Disclose.tv

Stay well and awake all. :cheers:

ImageImage[img]

Initiate

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 12:01 pm » by Bosb33r

Sun Sunspots 2012-09-29. :mrcool:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 10:44 am » by Shaggietrip